Hartlepool/Walsall - general sale tickets tomorrow

Doha

Advert:

One thing is for sure, we need to get out of this division. Unable to get tickets for Walsall and Exeter and we sold out at Hartlepool, Salford and Barrow. I can’t get to too many games as I have a 6hr round trip but have always had Walsall and Exeter in my diary to attend, our support should be in a higher division with bigger away sections to accommodate us.

• Like 1

An all too depressingly predictable shambles of a ticket sale today. Garlick’s comments in the Sentinel just about sum it up - we were given 48 hours notice to go and camp out outside the ticket office so that is seen as sufficient.

Fair play to those who camped overnight but what an incredibly crass way to treat a fan base.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dishydave said:

5000 season ticket holders with 1000 tickets available no matter what the club did they were going to disappoint a lot of people.

Exactly. And as for some points system for away games attended by season ticket holders (of which l am one) l often decide to do away games at short notice so buy my ticket from the host club ..so wouldn't show up on any "loyalty base". That shouldn't count against people. 

No system was going to satisfy the demand.

• Like 1

A loyalty system would be great but failing that all you want is a way to avoid people queueing unnecessarily. This was always going to be a big game.

The club could easily have done something simple like have people register an interest weeks ago marked the season ticket numbers down. This could be done in person over the phone or email. Then use a random number generator and published a list of season ticket numbers that could go and buy tickets this week. People who were lucky enough could have gone at a time of their convenience rather than take time off work etc.

I don't think most expect a great system however nice it would be, just something rather than nothing for the 10 times it is required every few years.

• Like 1

Advert:

A loyalty system would be great but failing that all you want is a way to avoid people queueing unnecessarily. This was always going to be a big game.

The club could easily have done something simple like have people register an interest weeks ago marked the season ticket numbers down. This could be done in person over the phone or email. Then use a random number generator and published a list of season ticket numbers that could go and buy tickets this week. People who were lucky enough could have gone at a time of their convenience rather than take time off work etc.

I don't think most expect a great system however nice it would be, just something rather than nothing for the 10 times it is required every few years.
Hopefully we will have more big games in the next few years.
  • Like 1

I've calmed down a little after this morning's debacle. However if it's TRUE only 400 tickets were sold in that 2 hour 5minute period then why oh why didn't Vale make that clear beforehand? All the media/ news/ forums were stating 800 to 1100 tickets for sale and possibly the 300 for those who purchased from Exeter direct. Lots have been aired about Vale' a archaic systems but come on, we are a family, friendly Club now and to not give correct/ proper info out to fans is an absolute joke. I love Vale 100% but fans lost time off work/ paid money out for fuel in coming into the Potteries from outside the are ( as I did) and expected a fair chance of a ticket. Gutted. Carol sort out a system to knock the current ancient/ knackered/ laughable one into touch for next seasons assault on Division 1.

58 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

An all too depressingly predictable shambles of a ticket sale today. Garlick’s comments in the Sentinel just about sum it up - we were given 48 hours notice to go and camp out outside the ticket office so that is seen as sufficient.

Fair play to those who camped overnight but what an incredibly crass way to treat a fan base.

Spot on. It's a football club not a market stall.

I wasn't there today, if I'd known how it would transpire I'd have come down for 5am, but I feel really sorry for the people who'd got up mega early to queue when not only was there no point, but Vale, knowing the extremely small amount of tickets remaining, knew there was no point.

I could be wrong, and apologies if so, but it seems like no one had the leadership to go outside and turn them away to stop them wasting their time out in the cold. Really really poor.

Box holders were emailed before official release, and told to email the ticket office to secure tickets. 8 per box.
Add that, the 200-300 erroneously sold ones, and the number given to player's family/friends, and you can see why the notoriously slow ticket office was sold out of '1100 tickets' within 70 minutes this morning.
Unless you had the freedom to drive to Vale for 6:30am, you never had a prayer today. Days off work, hours in a queue, expectation - all an absolute waste of time as nearly half the tickets were gone by yesterday, which was never communicated by the club. Those at the start of the queue were often turning up with double-figure STs in their pocket, or were being handed STs by mates who had arrived late.
Fans turned up having been told there was 1100 and they had to go to the ticket office to get them. Very disappointed for them. Let's hope the club can persuade the EFL to abandon the 3pm blackout.

Add to that the 50 to 60 odd put to one side every match for the official coach travellers. As for the beam back, how I’m feeling tonight the club can shove it up its arse.

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

Box holders were emailed before official release, and told to email the ticket office to secure tickets. 8 per box.

Add that, the 200-300 erroneously sold ones, and the number given to player's family/friends, and you can see why the notoriously slow ticket office was sold out of '1100 tickets' within 70 minutes this morning.

Unless you had the freedom to drive to Vale for 6:30am, you never had a prayer today. Days off work, hours in a queue, expectation - all an absolute waste of time as nearly half the tickets were gone by yesterday, which was never communicated by the club. Those at the start of the queue were often turning up with double-figure STs in their pocket, or were being handed STs by mates who had arrived late.

Fans turned up having been told there was 1100 and they had to go to the ticket office to get them. Very disappointed for them. Let's hope the club can persuade the EFL to abandon the 3pm blackout.

I used to have a season ticket for the presidents seats and could always email to reserve tickets before they went on sale to season ticket holders.

Advert:

If they had been a bit forward thinking they could have taken the details of people down whilst they were giving out hot drinks and offered 1st dibs on away tickets in the playoffs for those who missed out should we miss out on automatic.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, dishydave said:

5000 season ticket holders with 1000 tickets available no matter what the club did they were going to disappoint a lot of people.

Of course people will be disappointed but it’s a lot easier to swallow if either a points based system rewards fans who go home and way, or alternatively every season ticket holder who wants one has a fair crack at getting one, such as in a ballot scenario.

Why don’t we mix it up for one game and instead of selling the tickets out of the Vale ticket office, we set up a hut somewhere in the countryside. Vale could tweet out a series of cryptic clues overnight and those who solve them first and find the ticket office’s location would be first in the queue at 9.05am when it opens.

It would add an extra level of excitement and challenge for those people already used to booking time off from work to stand outside and queue, and a change of scenery for those who are used to bringing along their bivouacs and camping chairs anyway.

Edited by Santa
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, philpvfc said:

One thing is for sure, we need to get out of this division. Unable to get tickets for Walsall and Exeter and we sold out at Hartlepool, Salford and Barrow. I can’t get to too many games as I have a 6hr round trip but have always had Walsall and Exeter in my diary to attend, our support should be in a higher division with bigger away sections to accommodate us.

If you add together our allocations for Exeter, Salford, Hartlepool and Barrow it doesn’t get near the capacity of our away end. That’s why we need to get out of this league asap so we can start visiting some proper grounds. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

If you add together our allocations for Exeter, Salford, Hartlepool and Barrow it doesn’t get near the capacity of our away end. That’s why we need to get out of this league asap so we can start visiting some proper grounds. 

Even in League 1, around half of teams all around 1500 or just below including Accrington, Burton, Wimbledon, Morecambe, Cheltenham, Fleetwood, Oxford, Lincoln, Shrewsbury, Cambridge.  We need to get something in place and not remaining back in the 1990's. I am lucky enough to have got the tickets as brought mine a couple of weeks but feel for those who have not missed a game all season and can't go.  Surely people who don't miss a game like yourself should have priority for these games, really hope we win the next 4 games and can celebrate at Vale on Bank Holiday Monday.

Advert:

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

You’re correct but if we are promoted the likelihood is that Exeter will be in the league above also.  The problem with these type of fixtures is one of timing as much as capacity.  If it were mid January and we were 10 points clear at the top we wouldn’t sell out Exeter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Find criticism of the club re the Exeter tickets laughable. Genuinely, what were people expecting? 5000 season ticket holders into just over 1000 available tickets doesn't go does it. Get a grip.
Those who got tickets, enjoy the day. Those who didn't, suck it up. Never seen so many mard arses in my life. 
And I'm also interested... this system ppl are begging for. What does it look like, how does it work? How is it fairer? Just because somebody didn't travel to Carlisle on a Tuesday night, doesn't mean they're not deserving of a ticket to the final game of the season.
I don't have an Exeter ticket by the way, and I'm okay with that. Hoping the boys can bring it home a week earlier infront of a packed out Vale Park!

Great post
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ValeForever. said:

Genuinely, what were people expecting?

Not to have to **** about on a car park at 5am in the morning in order to guarantee a ticket.

Maybe less of an expectation and more of a ‘nice to have’.