Hartlepool/Walsall - general sale tickets tomorrow

Doha

The last game I missed home and away in the league and all cup comps was the televised Walsall game away in December 2015 due to a holiday. I was about ten people away in the queue when it was announced that the game had sold out. A complete waste of a morning but at least it gave me the chance to see a few people happily buying tickets that I hadn’t seen since Brighton in 94. Which is quite a coincidence as 1994 is around about the last time our prehistoric shambles of a ticketing system was updated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

Posted (edited)

Good luck to them and all, but I keep laughing at the notion of camping out on the Vale car park to get tickets, or being in your 70s and setting a 4am alarm to head down. This is unhinged. 

There's lads who turned up at 7am and didn't get tickets. 2 hours of waiting for the office to open, sent home ticketless. It's barbaric. Like something out of the Victorian slums. Instant coffee passed around and leftover scarves given out, which the supporters can wear as they listen to the game on their radio.

Folk saying 'clap clap, loyal fans, massive we are' and lots of performative 'I'm a better fan than you, I was there at 5:40am, you should have woken up at 3:30 like the rest of us' going on. It's absolute insanity. Camping out at the Vale! It needs to be recognised as an absolute disaster, and not normalised and celebrated. 

Just a really funny morning, if slightly infuriating. We all love Vale but this is League 2 football and a lad has slept in his car overnight, as fans engage in oneupmanship over who got to Vale earliest and never questioning if the system is a tad broken.

Goodness gracious me.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 3

Advert:

For the league we've always had a strong away following, which makes it more surprising that the club didn't foresee this issue months ago. I think the one area they seem to struggle with is attendances. The Brentford game being a great example. 

It's a Premier League club which is going to attract a bigger gate. At 3:10pm on that Saturday there were still people trying to get in, it was made even worse by having the barrier in place down the side of the ground making queuing a real pain. As said previously, imagine that being your first experience at Vale Park. That should have been worked out well before the game, put temp barriers in place to show supporters where to queue. 

The club should make buying tickets and getting into the ground the easiest thing you can do. The fairest way when limited allocation is involved is a loyalty scheme or better negotiations with the opposition club to acquire more tickets.

Unfortunately no easy solution to this perhaps not even a solution at all ! 
It all goes with the territory of ‘success’ . 
Probably guarantee that some who are fortunate to have ‘acquired’ a ticket for Exeter haven’t been to a handful of games this season home or away, if any at all . Would be interesting to know how many of those queuing at ridiculous times this morning we’re at Barrow , Crawley, Hartlepool tomorrow and the like .
You see people on here saying ‘not been for years, really excited’ , simple question is ‘why not’ answer equals ‘well we’re doing well now ‘ !!

It will always happen, I feel sorry for the hierarchy at Vale there is no straightforward answer and as an example 1200 Exeter tickets won’t cover the potential demand of over perhaps in the region of 6k people wanting them so what are they supposed to do ?

There are many suggested ways to attempt to solve this however not one will solve everyone’s unless they get a ticket . Sometimes you just have to take it on the chin and get on with it. 
For the record I didn’t get one either !

UTV 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Rocky said:

The club should make buying tickets and getting into the ground the easiest thing you can do.

Yep. Vale still have not moved on from our historic attitude of making it as difficult as possible for you to give them money. Particularly if you're not fortunate enough to live in the area.

What's done is done 

They going trying beam it back to Vale Park I'm hoping we have the job finished before that game.

The lots of unfortunate folk will not give a damn if nothing is riding on it .

Lets pack out our own ground not just others 

UTV 

• Like 1

Advert:

28 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Should not be too difficult with a record of all away tickets sold by the club to a ST or  home and away tickets sold to a a member.

I've only missed 3 all season and whether I get a ticket for Crawley away or Walsall away they always ask for my name and postcode.  So they definitely keep some sort of log of who buys what and when. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I've only missed 3 all season and whether I get a ticket for Crawley away or Walsall away they always ask for my name and postcode.  So they definitely keep some sort of log of who buys what and when. 

There has to be a recognition of that level of loyalty.

• Like 1

Unfortunately we have to go back to June when the fixture computer dealt it's hand.

How many grounds could actually hold a last day promotion party?

We have counted just 7 league Two grounds would offer more than Exeter. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Unfortunately we have to go back to June when the fixture computer dealt it's hand.

How many grounds could actually hold a last day promotion party?

We have counted just 7 league Two grounds would offer more than Exeter. 

And then we're diluting the league all the time too when clubs like Barrow and Sutton are promoted replacing the likes of Chesterfield, Wrexham and Stockport.  I appreciate that it's competition but it doesn't half annoy me when we're actually worsening the league.

Advert:

What's done is done 

They going trying beam it back to Vale Park I'm hoping we have the job finished before that game.
UTV 
It'll be interesting to see whether this is allowed. Given that the games sold out, what possible reasons could be given for denying permission as it's not going to affect the attendance or take money away from anybody

8 minutes ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:
What's done is done 

UTV 

It'll be interesting to see whether this is allowed. Given that the games sold out, what possible reasons could be given for denying permission as it's not going to affect the attendance or take money away from anybody

Exactly. It'd actually generate money for one of their member clubs.

Posted (edited)

Box holders were emailed before official release, and told to email the ticket office to secure tickets. 8 per box.

Add that, the 200-300 erroneously sold ones, and the number given to player's family/friends, and you can see why the notoriously slow ticket office was sold out of '1100 tickets' within 70 minutes this morning.

Unless you had the freedom to drive to Vale for 6:30am, you never had a prayer today. Days off work, hours in a queue, expectation - all an absolute waste of time as nearly half the tickets were gone by yesterday, which was never communicated by the club. Those at the start of the queue were often turning up with double-figure STs in their pocket, or were being handed STs by mates who had arrived late.

Fans turned up having been told there was 1100 and they had to go to the ticket office to get them. Very disappointed for them. Let's hope the club can persuade the EFL to abandon the 3pm blackout.

Edited by Joe B