Hartlepool/Walsall - general sale tickets tomorrow

Doha

Advert:

Just phoned the ticket office; all seated tickets for Exeter already sold (I'm on crutches so standing is going to be a tough call) and, because I'm a short (10-game) season ticket holder, I can't buy one today anyway.  Got to wait until general release on 25th.  So no chance there then!

Bugger!

16 minutes ago, ethan and archies dad said:

can you buy them over the phone if you are a season ticket holder? Im working in warrington todaty!

Good luck…..been trying for 3 days and left a message. No one ever answers or returns your message. 

Advert:

Posted (edited)

Will preface this by saying I'm not going so I have no vested interest in the situation.

If the rumour that 'hundreds' were given to box holders + friends yesterday is true, leaving only 400 for those who have queued for hours this morning and don't have the luxury of getting there at 5am, then serious questions need to be asked. To 'sell out' in 70 minutes certainly suggests not many were available today, considering the usual speed of the ticket office.

Ticketing system remains a relic of our past. People would have obtained tickets the same way in the 1950s - book off work, queue up, get a physical ticket. It favours local fans over distant ones, and one who are more flexible with work/can rely on family members to go and queue for them. It's a grossly unfair system in many, many ways, without even considering the fact that a pensioner having to get there at 4:30am + a young lad slept in his car to guarantee tickets. An online lottery/queuing system where we type in our ST number and chose a slot for collection would be very easily implemented. Given out free coffee and a scarf is nice and all but distracts from the fact that there will be many Vale fans, far more diehard than I could ever hope to be, who will be driving home from the queue, gutted.

I'm looking at an argument on Facebook where one lad is saying 'you should have got there at 6:30am like me, you're own fault', and another agrees with 'I got there at 5:40am, no problem', and I can only laugh at the state of it.

Hope everyone who goes has a fantastic day, just a shame that 'big game ticketing fiasco' is so predictable and easily avoided. 

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just now, ethan and archies dad said:

its claimed they are all now sold out

Yep, and sold out for home fans. I’m only an hour away from Exeter so will go without tickets in hope of getting in.

19 minutes ago, Osh said:

Wow!  Just had a text from a m8 who was in the queue - all 1100 Exeter tickets now completely sold out. 🤔

Bugger!

Does that include the ones for season ticket holders who had already bought in good faith via the Exeter website I wonder? 

Advert:

Do box-holders always get advanced priority for away tickets? Why? How many are they entitled to for each game? 

The only tickets that should have been set aside were those which were erroneously sold by Exeter. I'm struggling to believe that the snail-paced ticket office shifted 8-900 tickets (1100 - 2-300ish sold via Exeter) in 70 minutes this morning. It's impossible. Lots of ST holders have been done over.

I'd be interested to know how many tickets were actually available for sale at 9am from the Ticket Office.

4 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Do box-holders always get advanced priority for away tickets? Why? How many are they entitled to for each game? 

The only tickets that should have been set aside were those which were erroneously sold by Exeter. I'm struggling to believe that the snail-paced ticket office shifted 8-900 tickets (1100 - 2-300ish sold via Exeter) in 70 minutes this morning. It's impossible. Lots of ST holders have been done over.

I'd be interested to know how many tickets were actually available for sale at 9am from the Ticket Office.

I would imagine box holders at most clubs would be treated as super season ticket holders, considering the amount paid for boxes. but tickets allowed should not be greater than the number of seats.  Clubs also have away priority schemes based on trips made. It is a problem of success, the higher the league the more difficult it is to get scarce tickets

Posted (edited)

I’m a season ticket holder but live 150+ miles away (6h round trip for Saturday home games use holiday entitlement for midweek games if have it spare) so left my ST with a friend to add to the tickets he has for his family.  He joined the queue just before 8 and made it to the Railway Paddock turnstile opposite the ticket office as they announced the sell out just before 10.  

I’m dIsappointed but feel even more so for my friend and the many SVA who have travelled to many away games this season (eg the 250 or so fanatics who stood out in the monsoon at Bristol Rover on a cold winter’s night - my friend was one of those) and either missed out because they couldn’t get to VP earlier enough this morning or had no chance to begin with since a good proportion might not even be season ticket holders (they’ll have probably missed out on Walsall away too).  There must be a better and/or fairer way forward.

The club are never going to keep every fan happy but in the background of their getting  so many other  things right both on and off the pitch at the moment not having a more robust ticketing policy, IMHO, is a missed opportunity.  Successful clubs or those with large fan bases (sometimes these can be mutually exclusive!) will have had to deal with the demand outstripping supply scenario many times with permanent or temporary schemes put in place - loyalty/reward points for going to games etc.  It’s now too late for this season ( if we miss out on auto promotion and end up in the lottery of the playoffs, Wembley ticketing will not be an issue) but the club really need to start to think about this now for next year’s campaign, consulting fans groups  if necessary, to at least show they are listening and agree that their is room for improvement.

Edited by Trumpingtonvale
Sentence didn’t make sense
  • Like 4

Advert:

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

Will preface this by saying I'm not going so I have no vested interest in the situation.

If the rumour that 'hundreds' were given to box holders + friends yesterday is true, leaving only 400 for those who have queued for hours this morning and don't have the luxury of getting there at 5am, then serious questions need to be asked. To 'sell out' in 70 minutes certainly suggests not many were available today, considering the usual speed of the ticket office.

Ticketing system remains a relic of our past. People would have obtained tickets the same way in the 1950s - book off work, queue up, get a physical ticket. It favours local fans over distant ones, and one who are more flexible with work/can rely on family members to go and queue for them. It's a grossly unfair system in many, many ways, without even considering the fact that a pensioner having to get there at 4:30am + a young lad slept in his car to guarantee tickets. An online lottery/queuing system where we type in our ST number and chose a slot for collection would be very easily implemented. Given out free coffee and a scarf is nice and all but distracts from the fact that there will be many Vale fans, far more diehard than I could ever hope to be, who will be driving home from the queue, gutted.

I'm looking at an argument on Facebook where one lad is saying 'you should have got there at 6:30am like me, you're own fault', and another agrees with 'I got there at 5:40am, no problem', and I can only laugh at the state of it.

Hope everyone who goes has a fantastic day, just a shame that 'big game ticketing fiasco' is so predictable and easily avoided. 

Got a coffee would have preferred a ticket!!

Its our Achilles heel and has been for sometime. We have a situation where  fans who have followed the team around the country when we were <ovf censored> can’t get a ticket. That doesn’t feel right.

We need a loyalty/priority scheme for next season, ironically it won’t matter as much if we are in L1 playing in bigger stadiums.

Online ticketing is ok , if it goes in hand with a loyalty scheme, otherwise  it just becomes a lottery.

Whatever we please don’t consult Colchester how to do online ticketing.

I am devastated not be able to get a ticket and only hope we seal the deal at home to Newport.

I wonder how many of the fans going to Exeter I will see at Hartlepool tomorrow?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Does that include the ones for season ticket holders who had already bought in good faith via the Exeter website I wonder? 

No RZ. Those tickets have been set aside to be collected for ST holders.

Edited by MBE
  • Like 1

Can understand fan’s frustration, this all comes about because we are now a successful club, who have overturned mediocrity and administration into a winning machine.  Let’s give our wonderful owners the time to turn this ticketing situation around, I am sure they will.

• Like 2