onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Hartlepool/Walsall - general sale tickets tomorrow

Doha

14 hours ago, Frank Mustard said:

Add to that the 50 to 60 odd put to one side every match for the official coach travellers. As for the beam back, how I’m feeling tonight the club can shove it up its arse.

Really? Why? Are they member of a secret society?

What's with the covert divvying out of in-demand tickets? If box-holders and coach travellers get preferential treatment, then at least be transparent and tweet out the actual number of tickets for the average fan.

The surreptitious, wink wink "I'll sort you out mate" way this seems to have been handled is something I thought we'd left behind. It's very poor to announce '1100 tickets' were for sale, only to quietly ensure certain fans are sorted before the masses can even attempt to get one, and not have the balls to tell people as the queue wound up Hamil Road and it was obvious that many were wasting their time.

If the club is going to ensure certain fans get to away games, at least tell the poor folks who booked off work and stood outside for three hours, queuing for non-existent tickets that had long been reserved for Box 32 and Coach D.

Really uncomfortable with all this.

Advert

From the way the tickets were reserved for some fans before general release, it would seem our complaints are misguided.

We already have a loyalty scheme that ensures away ticket priority, just a lot of us aren't allowed to join.

All successful clubs have the situation where they have more STs than away ticket allocations, as we enter that category we need a proper ticketing system that gives priorities based on previous purchases whether it be home or away tickets. I hope that this is in the pipeline, but it can never please everyone, just make the system a bit fairer and open.

54 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

Unfortunately it is exactly what I was expecting. A few years ago I expected us to treat our players, creditors, staff and fans very badly. That has mostly changed apart from purchasing tickets.

2 and a half years ago we had a similar fiasco when we were playing man city. Since then we have had over a year when we couldn't sell any tickets yet nothing has been done or considered.

There was a whole season when we had a ticket office manager who was employer with no tickets to sell. There must be 180 days a year where the ticket office manager has nothing to do.

Could they implement a telephone queuing system and have 1 person doing telephone sales whilst 4 serve at the counter?
Could they develop a raffle system? Could they develop a royalty system?
Could they look at a queue at 8am and tell the 2/3rds that there aren't enough tickets for that they are unlikely to be enough?
Could they work on a system where rather than have 5 people work their backsides off for an hour and a half twice a year, one or 2 peolple spread that work over a week by email, phone and in person?

I don't get to go to many away games anymore as I have a young family and can't justify the time and money it costs for an extra 20 games or so a season. Living out of the area when I do I find it so difficult to get tickets even if you do get through on the phone, taking time out of the working day, you have to collect before a game as they are rarely open after. Could they open one evening a week?

I probably shouldn't have had the opportunity to take annual leave from work and go and stand outside the ticket office for 3 and a half hours not to get a ticket. Even if I had got a ticket I would have been frustrated at wasting so long needlessly standing in a queue. Its 2022.

There is no easy solution but it would be nice to see the club try something even if it doesn't work out. Its like being 2-0 down after 60 minutes, not looking like scoring and not making any subs. When we do implement a system I'm sure it will be manipulated or circumvented by people but at least there will be an attempt to make it fair.

I don't begrudge anyone getting a ticket and I am happy for them. I am also very happy generally with how things are going for the club and delighted with the progress on the pitch. It is only when you speak to fans of other clubs or use their ticket systems at all levels in the pyramid that you realise how farcical and shambolic our ticket system is.

Anyway utv at least we can pretend to be abroad and watch at home.

what makes this even more unbelievable is that the parent company, synectics, is actually an I T company.

Considering the smallish amount of  1100 for Exeter, how many people actually thought they would be guaranteed a ticket?Every time there’s a big game the same old moaning comes out.Season ticket holders are the lifeblood of the club.They should always get first pick.4000 ST holders can’t  get a ticket.Tough! I would have loved to have gone but won’t be.I’ll put something in place so I can watch the game.I suggest others do the same.As for queuing,I think people who turned up should have been separated into blocks of 20.At least those at the back could be told ‘sorry,sold out’.Ive seen the word’ loyalty’ used quite a bit.Who should that apply to?Someone who has been going to the Vale for 50years or someone who has gone to the vast majority of games when we are having a good season.

45 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Really? Why? Are they member of a secret society?

What's with the covert divvying out of in-demand tickets? If box-holders and coach travellers get preferential treatment, then at least be transparent and tweet out the actual number of tickets for the average fan.

The surreptitious, wink wink "I'll sort you out mate" way this seems to have been handled is something I thought we'd left behind. It's very poor to announce '1100 tickets' were for sale, only to quietly ensure certain fans are sorted before the masses can even attempt to get one, and not have the balls to tell people as the queue wound up Hamil Road and it was obvious that many were wasting their time.

If the club is going to ensure certain fans get to away games, at least tell the poor folks who booked off work and stood outside for three hours, queuing for non-existent tickets that had long been reserved for Box 32 and Coach D.

Really uncomfortable with all this.

Joe,I would suggest that you should  need a match ticket to get on an official coach.I remember going to Arsenal and had to pay to go on an ‘executive ‘ trip.That included a match ticket and stop for a meal pre match.The other tickets were sold out.Not sure if the privately run trips  let supporters on the coach/es without match tickets.

Totally agree with box holders and season ticket holders getting first pick. What I disagree is the way the ticket office operates. Clearer announcements are needed and messages on the phone line saying the phone won’t be answered. This will save people taking time off to queue for none existent tickets and people like myself phoning over 50 times to never ever going to get anyone. 
so many things have improved at the Vale in the last couple of years but our ticketing system and the way it is handled is no better than the Bill Bell days.

2 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

Joe,I would suggest that you should  need a match ticket to get on an official coach.I remember going to Arsenal and had to pay to go on an ‘executive ‘ trip.That included a match ticket and stop for a meal pre match.The other tickets were sold out.Not sure if the privately run trips  let supporters on the coach/es without match tickets.

Tried buying hospitality in the Exeter end but you have to buy a ticket before paying extra for the hospitality.

1 minute ago, philpvfc said:

Totally agree with box holders and season ticket holders getting first pick. What I disagree is the way the ticket office operates. Clearer announcements are needed and messages on the phone line saying the phone won’t be answered. This will save people taking time off to queue for none existent tickets and people like myself phoning over 50 times to never ever going to get anyone. 
so many things have improved at the Vale in the last couple of years but our ticketing system and the way it is handled is no better than the Bill Bell days.

Phil,I went to the ticket office on Wednesday morning to collect a Bristol R ticket for my daughter.I walked straight to the window and got the ticket within 30secs.I also wanted to renew my ST using the 3 month instalment plan.I was told that I had to do it online or come back the following Tuesday.They gave me a sheet with instructions how to do it.There were 3 people behind the counter and only me in the T.O.It was about 9.30 am.There would have been no reason that someone couldn’t answer the phone at that time.I was there approx 5 mins.I’m not saying the phone wasn’t working in the office but I never heard it ring once.If people are phoning for tickets and nobody can answer a message should be put on,’you are in a queue’or ‘we are extremely busy,phone later’.Every buggar else does that.

51 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

Considering the smallish amount of  1100 for Exeter, how many people actually thought they would be guaranteed a ticket?Every time there’s a big game the same old moaning comes out.Season ticket holders are the lifeblood of the club.They should always get first pick.4000 ST holders can’t  get a ticket.Tough! I would have loved to have gone but won’t be.I’ll put something in place so I can watch the game.I suggest others do the same.As for queuing,I think people who turned up should have been separated into blocks of 20.At least those at the back could be told ‘sorry,sold out’.Ive seen the word’ loyalty’ used quite a bit.Who should that apply to?Someone who has been going to the Vale for 50years or someone who has gone to the vast majority of games when we are having a good season.

I have been attending Vale games since 1975, season ticket holder for 15 years. Whole family attend, former V2001 shareholder, had various memberships, etc. Am I loyal or is the guy who has been every away game this season?  Personally it's hard to satisfy everyone. There are always 'Glory Hunters',  'Part-Time' supporters, that's life. How many went away in Smurthwaite's era. I remember a fantastic 0-0 at Notts County, if we lost we could well have been relegated out of the league.

How many helped bail the club out financially, how many organised or marched on demo's. How many 'Glory Hunters' would have been bothered if we had gone out of business - Not Many is my guess

Positives are that there is more money coming into the club, Carol and Kevin need the help, the atmosphere is great, the team , staff and supporters are as one.

It annoys me when people say or may say 'were you at Exeter'. No I couldn't get a ticket, were you there when we faced administration and expulsion from the league? would be a response. It's how it is, probably the same everywhere. Take the positives and hope we get promoted before Exeter!

40 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

For loyalty I think Leicester use the previous 3 seasons away games, but it can become a closed shop since it is difficult to get on the band wagon. After that the STs are split into ground sections, and take different turns for each game. But as usual some games are more popular than others and the system changes. Not a massive problem since most games are shown on TV etc.

26 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Tried buying hospitality in the Exeter end but you have to buy a ticket before paying extra for the hospitality.

I will be with the homers at Walsall.Thats by choice as I will be going with a Walsall mate.The hospitality suite has been sold out for a while.

17 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

For loyalty I think Leicester use the previous 3 seasons away games, but it can become a closed shop since it is difficult to get on the band wagon. After that the STs are split into ground sections, and take different turns for each game. But as usual some games are more popular than others and the system changes. Not a massive problem since most games are shown on TV etc.

Do Leicester fans have an away card ,which is chargeable,as do various clubs.Would  Vale fans be happy to pay for the privilege to travel away.I remember, years ago ,Man Utd had a Programme Voucher scheme.Buy a programme,cut out the voucher.A certain amount of vouchers gave you the ability to buy a ticket.Now there is a waiting list for STs and Away Travel Cards at OT.No real answer to ticket allocation except the one we have already.ST holders,first come first served.

6 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

Do Leicester fans have an away card ,which is chargeable,as do various clubs.Would  Vale fans be happy to pay for the privilege to travel away.I remember, years ago ,Man Utd had a Programme Voucher scheme.Buy a programme,cut out the voucher.A certain amount of vouchers gave you the ability to buy a ticket.Now there is a waiting list for STs and Away Travel Cards at OT.No real answer to ticket allocation except the one we have already.ST holders,first come first served.

They have various membership schemes. So you dont agree that STs who say travel to 10, 15 matches a season should not have priority? They may not contribute money but they bring back points by lifting the players.

Archived