onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Hartlepool/Walsall - general sale tickets tomorrow

Doha

I've calmed down a little after this morning's debacle. However if it's TRUE only 400 tickets were sold in that 2 hour 5minute period then why oh why didn't Vale make that clear beforehand? All the media/ news/ forums were stating 800 to 1100 tickets for sale and possibly the 300 for those who purchased from Exeter direct. Lots have been aired about Vale' a archaic systems but come on, we are a family, friendly Club now and to not give correct/ proper info out to fans is an absolute joke. I love Vale 100% but fans lost time off work/ paid money out for fuel in coming into the Potteries from outside the are ( as I did) and expected a fair chance of a ticket. Gutted. Carol sort out a system to knock the current ancient/ knackered/ laughable one into touch for next seasons assault on Division 1.

Advert

58 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

An all too depressingly predictable shambles of a ticket sale today. Garlick’s comments in the Sentinel just about sum it up - we were given 48 hours notice to go and camp out outside the ticket office so that is seen as sufficient.

Fair play to those who camped overnight but what an incredibly crass way to treat a fan base.

Spot on. It's a football club not a market stall.

I wasn't there today, if I'd known how it would transpire I'd have come down for 5am, but I feel really sorry for the people who'd got up mega early to queue when not only was there no point, but Vale, knowing the extremely small amount of tickets remaining, knew there was no point.

I could be wrong, and apologies if so, but it seems like no one had the leadership to go outside and turn them away to stop them wasting their time out in the cold. Really really poor.

Box holders were emailed before official release, and told to email the ticket office to secure tickets. 8 per box.
Add that, the 200-300 erroneously sold ones, and the number given to player's family/friends, and you can see why the notoriously slow ticket office was sold out of '1100 tickets' within 70 minutes this morning.
Unless you had the freedom to drive to Vale for 6:30am, you never had a prayer today. Days off work, hours in a queue, expectation - all an absolute waste of time as nearly half the tickets were gone by yesterday, which was never communicated by the club. Those at the start of the queue were often turning up with double-figure STs in their pocket, or were being handed STs by mates who had arrived late.
Fans turned up having been told there was 1100 and they had to go to the ticket office to get them. Very disappointed for them. Let's hope the club can persuade the EFL to abandon the 3pm blackout.

Add to that the 50 to 60 odd put to one side every match for the official coach travellers. As for the beam back, how I’m feeling tonight the club can shove it up its arse.

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

Box holders were emailed before official release, and told to email the ticket office to secure tickets. 8 per box.

Add that, the 200-300 erroneously sold ones, and the number given to player's family/friends, and you can see why the notoriously slow ticket office was sold out of '1100 tickets' within 70 minutes this morning.

Unless you had the freedom to drive to Vale for 6:30am, you never had a prayer today. Days off work, hours in a queue, expectation - all an absolute waste of time as nearly half the tickets were gone by yesterday, which was never communicated by the club. Those at the start of the queue were often turning up with double-figure STs in their pocket, or were being handed STs by mates who had arrived late.

Fans turned up having been told there was 1100 and they had to go to the ticket office to get them. Very disappointed for them. Let's hope the club can persuade the EFL to abandon the 3pm blackout.

I used to have a season ticket for the presidents seats and could always email to reserve tickets before they went on sale to season ticket holders.

Find criticism of the club re the Exeter tickets laughable. Genuinely, what were people expecting? 5000 season ticket holders into just over 1000 available tickets doesn't go does it. Get a grip.

Those who got tickets, enjoy the day. Those who didn't, suck it up. Never seen so many mard arses in my life. 

And I'm also interested... this system ppl are begging for. What does it look like, how does it work? How is it fairer? Just because somebody didn't travel to Carlisle on a Tuesday night, doesn't mean they're not deserving of a ticket to the final game of the season.

I don't have an Exeter ticket by the way, and I'm okay with that. Hoping the boys can bring it home a week earlier infront of a packed out Vale Park!

3 hours ago, dishydave said:

5000 season ticket holders with 1000 tickets available no matter what the club did they were going to disappoint a lot of people.

Of course people will be disappointed but it’s a lot easier to swallow if either a points based system rewards fans who go home and way, or alternatively every season ticket holder who wants one has a fair crack at getting one, such as in a ballot scenario.

Why don’t we mix it up for one game and instead of selling the tickets out of the Vale ticket office, we set up a hut somewhere in the countryside. Vale could tweet out a series of cryptic clues overnight and those who solve them first and find the ticket office’s location would be first in the queue at 9.05am when it opens.

It would add an extra level of excitement and challenge for those people already used to booking time off from work to stand outside and queue, and a change of scenery for those who are used to bringing along their bivouacs and camping chairs anyway.

3 hours ago, philpvfc said:

One thing is for sure, we need to get out of this division. Unable to get tickets for Walsall and Exeter and we sold out at Hartlepool, Salford and Barrow. I can’t get to too many games as I have a 6hr round trip but have always had Walsall and Exeter in my diary to attend, our support should be in a higher division with bigger away sections to accommodate us.

If you add together our allocations for Exeter, Salford, Hartlepool and Barrow it doesn’t get near the capacity of our away end. That’s why we need to get out of this league asap so we can start visiting some proper grounds. 

55 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

If you add together our allocations for Exeter, Salford, Hartlepool and Barrow it doesn’t get near the capacity of our away end. That’s why we need to get out of this league asap so we can start visiting some proper grounds. 

Even in League 1, around half of teams all around 1500 or just below including Accrington, Burton, Wimbledon, Morecambe, Cheltenham, Fleetwood, Oxford, Lincoln, Shrewsbury, Cambridge.  We need to get something in place and not remaining back in the 1990's. I am lucky enough to have got the tickets as brought mine a couple of weeks but feel for those who have not missed a game all season and can't go.  Surely people who don't miss a game like yourself should have priority for these games, really hope we win the next 4 games and can celebrate at Vale on Bank Holiday Monday.

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

You’re correct but if we are promoted the likelihood is that Exeter will be in the league above also.  The problem with these type of fixtures is one of timing as much as capacity.  If it were mid January and we were 10 points clear at the top we wouldn’t sell out Exeter.

Find criticism of the club re the Exeter tickets laughable. Genuinely, what were people expecting? 5000 season ticket holders into just over 1000 available tickets doesn't go does it. Get a grip.
Those who got tickets, enjoy the day. Those who didn't, suck it up. Never seen so many mard arses in my life. 
And I'm also interested... this system ppl are begging for. What does it look like, how does it work? How is it fairer? Just because somebody didn't travel to Carlisle on a Tuesday night, doesn't mean they're not deserving of a ticket to the final game of the season.
I don't have an Exeter ticket by the way, and I'm okay with that. Hoping the boys can bring it home a week earlier infront of a packed out Vale Park!

Great post

10 hours ago, ValeForever. said:

Genuinely, what were people expecting?

Not to have to **** about on a car park at 5am in the morning in order to guarantee a ticket.

Maybe less of an expectation and more of a ‘nice to have’.

10 hours ago, Santa said:

Of course people will be disappointed but it’s a lot easier to swallow if either a points based system rewards fans who go home and way, or alternatively every season ticket holder who wants one has a fair crack at getting one, such as in a ballot scenario.

Why don’t we mix it up for one game and instead of selling the tickets out of the Vale ticket office, we set up a hut somewhere in the countryside. Vale could tweet out a series of cryptic clues overnight and those who solve them first and find the ticket office’s location would be first in the queue at 9.05am when it opens.

It would add an extra level of excitement and challenge for those people already used to booking time off from work to stand outside and queue, and a change of scenery for those who are used to bringing along their bivouacs and camping chairs anyway.

Or why don’t we let the matrix decide the order in which tickets are made available?  Feed in each fan’s attendance stats, miles travelled, spend in the club shop, number of pies & bovrils purchased etc.  and pull the lever.  Once selected and tickets purchased, post match we can then debate each fan’s performance on here and decide if they’re worthy of selection to get a ticket next time around. 😜

9 hours ago, valefan79 said:

Even in League 1, around half of teams all around 1500 or just below including Accrington, Burton, Wimbledon, Morecambe, Cheltenham, Fleetwood, Oxford, Lincoln, Shrewsbury, Cambridge.  We need to get something in place and not remaining back in the 1990's. I am lucky enough to have got the tickets as brought mine a couple of weeks but feel for those who have not missed a game all season and can't go.  Surely people who don't miss a game like yourself should have priority for these games, really hope we win the next 4 games and can celebrate at Vale on Bank Holiday Monday.

It's all related to how the team does on the pitch .

Let's just pluck a figure and say we were 15th in League one. We'd only take 1500 to Burton and Shrews.The rest would be anything from 300 to 700 .

Basically success lures people out or a relegation cruncher also has the same effect. 

This season has been very unfortunate, Sutton, Harrogate, Barrow, Hartlepool, Exeter all pathetic allocations. 

I really don't know the answer and don't think Vale do either. 

I'm lucky to get a ticket for the last 3 aways . But what exactly is a ' fair ' system?

I'm no more deserving because I got soaked to the skin at Bristol Rovers than someone who only been 3 or 4. 

Also personally I've no issue with someone getting 8 tickets ( all season ticket holders obviously) because at the end of the day people work. I do shifts, one week I could queue the other week its impossible. I gave my season ticket to a friend who got me an Exeter ticket. Have I really done anything wrong? Can't expect workplaces to allow 500 plus people a couple of hours off to queue for tickets. If you have to turn up in person that puts retired people and those who don't work in pole position. 

So many facets for Vale to consider. 

As I said I've only missed 3 out of 41. But that's because I've been able to afford to go and I work Monday to Friday . Does it make me better than someone who's been every home game and only a couple away , I don't think it does myself. 

What the answer is rests with the club, but as I say it's all relative to success which happens once a decade if we are lucky. 

Unfortunately it is exactly what I was expecting. A few years ago I expected us to treat our players, creditors, staff and fans very badly. That has mostly changed apart from purchasing tickets.

2 and a half years ago we had a similar fiasco when we were playing man city. Since then we have had over a year when we couldn't sell any tickets yet nothing has been done or considered.

There was a whole season when we had a ticket office manager who was employer with no tickets to sell. There must be 180 days a year where the ticket office manager has nothing to do.

Could they implement a telephone queuing system and have 1 person doing telephone sales whilst 4 serve at the counter?
Could they develop a raffle system? Could they develop a royalty system?
Could they look at a queue at 8am and tell the 2/3rds that there aren't enough tickets for that they are unlikely to be enough?
Could they work on a system where rather than have 5 people work their backsides off for an hour and a half twice a year, one or 2 peolple spread that work over a week by email, phone and in person?

I don't get to go to many away games anymore as I have a young family and can't justify the time and money it costs for an extra 20 games or so a season. Living out of the area when I do I find it so difficult to get tickets even if you do get through on the phone, taking time out of the working day, you have to collect before a game as they are rarely open after. Could they open one evening a week?

I probably shouldn't have had the opportunity to take annual leave from work and go and stand outside the ticket office for 3 and a half hours not to get a ticket. Even if I had got a ticket I would have been frustrated at wasting so long needlessly standing in a queue. Its 2022.

There is no easy solution but it would be nice to see the club try something even if it doesn't work out. Its like being 2-0 down after 60 minutes, not looking like scoring and not making any subs. When we do implement a system I'm sure it will be manipulated or circumvented by people but at least there will be an attempt to make it fair.

I don't begrudge anyone getting a ticket and I am happy for them. I am also very happy generally with how things are going for the club and delighted with the progress on the pitch. It is only when you speak to fans of other clubs or use their ticket systems at all levels in the pyramid that you realise how farcical and shambolic our ticket system is.

Anyway utv at least we can pretend to be abroad and watch at home.

Archived