onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Hartlepool/Walsall - general sale tickets tomorrow

Doha

Advert

28 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Should not be too difficult with a record of all away tickets sold by the club to a ST or  home and away tickets sold to a a member.

I've only missed 3 all season and whether I get a ticket for Crawley away or Walsall away they always ask for my name and postcode.  So they definitely keep some sort of log of who buys what and when. 

10 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I've only missed 3 all season and whether I get a ticket for Crawley away or Walsall away they always ask for my name and postcode.  So they definitely keep some sort of log of who buys what and when. 

There has to be a recognition of that level of loyalty.

2 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Unfortunately we have to go back to June when the fixture computer dealt it's hand.

How many grounds could actually hold a last day promotion party?

We have counted just 7 league Two grounds would offer more than Exeter. 

And then we're diluting the league all the time too when clubs like Barrow and Sutton are promoted replacing the likes of Chesterfield, Wrexham and Stockport.  I appreciate that it's competition but it doesn't half annoy me when we're actually worsening the league.

What's done is done 

They going trying beam it back to Vale Park I'm hoping we have the job finished before that game.
The lots of unfortunate folk will not give a damn if nothing is riding on it .
Lets pack out our own ground not just others 
UTV 
It'll be interesting to see whether this is allowed. Given that the games sold out, what possible reasons could be given for denying permission as it's not going to affect the attendance or take money away from anybody

8 minutes ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:
What's done is done 

They going trying beam it back to Vale Park I'm hoping we have the job finished before that game.
The lots of unfortunate folk will not give a damn if nothing is riding on it .
Lets pack out our own ground not just others 
UTV 

It'll be interesting to see whether this is allowed. Given that the games sold out, what possible reasons could be given for denying permission as it's not going to affect the attendance or take money away from anybody

Exactly. It'd actually generate money for one of their member clubs.

Box holders were emailed before official release, and told to email the ticket office to secure tickets. 8 per box.

Add that, the 200-300 erroneously sold ones, and the number given to player's family/friends, and you can see why the notoriously slow ticket office was sold out of '1100 tickets' within 70 minutes this morning.

Unless you had the freedom to drive to Vale for 6:30am, you never had a prayer today. Days off work, hours in a queue, expectation - all an absolute waste of time as nearly half the tickets were gone by yesterday, which was never communicated by the club. Those at the start of the queue were often turning up with double-figure STs in their pocket, or were being handed STs by mates who had arrived late.

Fans turned up having been told there was 1100 and they had to go to the ticket office to get them. Very disappointed for them. Let's hope the club can persuade the EFL to abandon the 3pm blackout.

One thing is for sure, we need to get out of this division. Unable to get tickets for Walsall and Exeter and we sold out at Hartlepool, Salford and Barrow. I can’t get to too many games as I have a 6hr round trip but have always had Walsall and Exeter in my diary to attend, our support should be in a higher division with bigger away sections to accommodate us.

An all too depressingly predictable shambles of a ticket sale today. Garlick’s comments in the Sentinel just about sum it up - we were given 48 hours notice to go and camp out outside the ticket office so that is seen as sufficient.

Fair play to those who camped overnight but what an incredibly crass way to treat a fan base.

26 minutes ago, dishydave said:

5000 season ticket holders with 1000 tickets available no matter what the club did they were going to disappoint a lot of people.

Exactly. And as for some points system for away games attended by season ticket holders (of which l am one) l often decide to do away games at short notice so buy my ticket from the host club ..so wouldn't show up on any "loyalty base". That shouldn't count against people. 

No system was going to satisfy the demand.

A loyalty system would be great but failing that all you want is a way to avoid people queueing unnecessarily. This was always going to be a big game.

The club could easily have done something simple like have people register an interest weeks ago marked the season ticket numbers down. This could be done in person over the phone or email. Then use a random number generator and published a list of season ticket numbers that could go and buy tickets this week. People who were lucky enough could have gone at a time of their convenience rather than take time off work etc.

I don't think most expect a great system however nice it would be, just something rather than nothing for the 10 times it is required every few years.

A loyalty system would be great but failing that all you want is a way to avoid people queueing unnecessarily. This was always going to be a big game.

The club could easily have done something simple like have people register an interest weeks ago marked the season ticket numbers down. This could be done in person over the phone or email. Then use a random number generator and published a list of season ticket numbers that could go and buy tickets this week. People who were lucky enough could have gone at a time of their convenience rather than take time off work etc.

I don't think most expect a great system however nice it would be, just something rather than nothing for the 10 times it is required every few years.
Hopefully we will have more big games in the next few years.

Archived