onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Hartlepool/Walsall - general sale tickets tomorrow

Doha

3 hours ago, NellyTheValiant said:

Tickets for Exeter haven't gone on sale to ST holders yet have they?

No, but as I’m a none season ticket holder I’ve given up any chance getting a ticket for the Vale end but Exeter have sold out fully for the home end.

Advert

I have a ST but haven't bought a ticket for Walsall, despite it being closer to my home than VP. I thought it was only fair to leave them for those who have followed Vale round the country- Walsall is usually my only away match. A plea to the SVA - get behind them and roar them to a win.

Just phoned the ticket office; all seated tickets for Exeter already sold (I'm on crutches so standing is going to be a tough call) and, because I'm a short (10-game) season ticket holder, I can't buy one today anyway.  Got to wait until general release on 25th.  So no chance there then!

Bugger!

16 minutes ago, ethan and archies dad said:

can you buy them over the phone if you are a season ticket holder? Im working in warrington todaty!

Good luck…..been trying for 3 days and left a message. No one ever answers or returns your message. 

Will preface this by saying I'm not going so I have no vested interest in the situation.

If the rumour that 'hundreds' were given to box holders + friends yesterday is true, leaving only 400 for those who have queued for hours this morning and don't have the luxury of getting there at 5am, then serious questions need to be asked. To 'sell out' in 70 minutes certainly suggests not many were available today, considering the usual speed of the ticket office.

Ticketing system remains a relic of our past. People would have obtained tickets the same way in the 1950s - book off work, queue up, get a physical ticket. It favours local fans over distant ones, and one who are more flexible with work/can rely on family members to go and queue for them. It's a grossly unfair system in many, many ways, without even considering the fact that a pensioner having to get there at 4:30am + a young lad slept in his car to guarantee tickets. An online lottery/queuing system where we type in our ST number and chose a slot for collection would be very easily implemented. Given out free coffee and a scarf is nice and all but distracts from the fact that there will be many Vale fans, far more diehard than I could ever hope to be, who will be driving home from the queue, gutted.

I'm looking at an argument on Facebook where one lad is saying 'you should have got there at 6:30am like me, you're own fault', and another agrees with 'I got there at 5:40am, no problem', and I can only laugh at the state of it.

Hope everyone who goes has a fantastic day, just a shame that 'big game ticketing fiasco' is so predictable and easily avoided. 

Do box-holders always get advanced priority for away tickets? Why? How many are they entitled to for each game? 

The only tickets that should have been set aside were those which were erroneously sold by Exeter. I'm struggling to believe that the snail-paced ticket office shifted 8-900 tickets (1100 - 2-300ish sold via Exeter) in 70 minutes this morning. It's impossible. Lots of ST holders have been done over.

I'd be interested to know how many tickets were actually available for sale at 9am from the Ticket Office.

4 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Do box-holders always get advanced priority for away tickets? Why? How many are they entitled to for each game? 

The only tickets that should have been set aside were those which were erroneously sold by Exeter. I'm struggling to believe that the snail-paced ticket office shifted 8-900 tickets (1100 - 2-300ish sold via Exeter) in 70 minutes this morning. It's impossible. Lots of ST holders have been done over.

I'd be interested to know how many tickets were actually available for sale at 9am from the Ticket Office.

I would imagine box holders at most clubs would be treated as super season ticket holders, considering the amount paid for boxes. but tickets allowed should not be greater than the number of seats.  Clubs also have away priority schemes based on trips made. It is a problem of success, the higher the league the more difficult it is to get scarce tickets

Archived