Match Thread: Hartlepool United v Port Vale

Advert:

24 minutes ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

Just bought corporate tickets at Hartlepool (we'd booked a hotel three months ago and I missed out when the normal ones were released). Only £40 including a meal and a drink. Think they have some left too.

you like braized monkey then?😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

Just bought corporate tickets at Hartlepool (we'd booked a hotel three months ago and I missed out when the normal ones were released). Only £40 including a meal and a drink. Think they have some left too.

😂🤣

Advert:

If Vale get into them early like Saturday, we could be one or two up before Hartlepool know it. I have a lot of confidence in this Vale team. They’re afraid of no one. I think Hartlepool are in for a tough afternoon. A win on Friday , and Easter Monday will see the biggest crowd in years at Vale Park. I can hardly wait for this weekend. UTV 

• Like 2

Although beat these 2-0 earlier in the season in freezing conditions, it was far from smooth sailing. We never really got going but then again, neither did they. A lot has changed since then and I don't think that the game we played in November is anything to go by. I'm never completely confident going into a match like this but this Vale side just keeps delivering on a weekly basis. The Vale fan of years gone by tells me "surely this run must come to an end at some point" but I'm hoping that it won't be on Friday. Bring on the Gas on Easter Monday at VP which will hopefully be a bumper gate.

UTV

I thought it was extremely smooth sailing and they were possibly the worst side we'd played at that stage of the season. Their fans were good, mind. Obviously they've picked up a bit since then and they're much better at home than away but that 2-0 was a really easy win IMO

• Like 1

Advert:

It was perhaps the most comfortable victory I can recall this season, without our best players. They looked woefully short up front that day. I believe their best player, Molyneux, is injured too.

We have to go with the right attitude and press as these have nothing to play for, so will psychologically not perhaps put in the additional effort. We have to be bang on.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 2

10 hours ago, FeedThePope9 said:

Although beat these 2-0 earlier in the season in freezing conditions, it was far from smooth sailing. We never really got going but then again, neither did they. A lot has changed since then and I don't think that the game we played in November is anything to go by. I'm never completely confident going into a match like this but this Vale side just keeps delivering on a weekly basis. The Vale fan of years gone by tells me "surely this run must come to an end at some point" but I'm hoping that it won't be on Friday. Bring on the Gas on Easter Monday at VP which will hopefully be a bumper gate.

UTV

With the GAS surely bringing DOUBLE that that Oldham did I recon we're in for 10,000 + on Monday!!....😍

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sheffield61 said:

With the GAS surely bringing DOUBLE that that Oldham did I recon we're in for 10,000 + on Monday!!....😍

Hope so be really good have 10 thousand in home ends alone .

Worked it out John Rudge the legend he was back in the day used say you need 20 clean sheets in a season for promotion we currently have 15 (Stone 5 Covalan 7 and Holy 3 ) so in order to obtain that objective we need 5 clean sheets from 5 games Northampton have 19  from one keeper alone .

This easter programme is the most exciting for years. 

Bringing my lady already paid for her to come v Bristol Rovers last game the lady came was Man City and paid for lads last 2 home games (18/21 so only 24 quid for them both ),he goes a lot of away games  .

Let's hope we bang up for it .

UTV 

18 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Hope so be really good have 10 thousand in home ends alone .

Worked it out John Rudge the legend he was back in the day used say you need 20 clean sheets in a season for promotion we currently have 15 (Stone 5 Covalan 7 and Holy 3 ) so in order to obtain that objective we need 5 clean sheets from 5 games Northampton have 19  from one keeper alone .

This easter programme is the most exciting for years. 

Bringing my lady already paid for her to come v Bristol Rovers last game the lady came was Man City and paid for lads last 2 home games (18/21 so only 24 quid for them both ),he goes a lot of away games  .

Let's hope we bang up for it .

UTV 

10k should be possible given the size of the away following but a lot of folk go away for the half term which might affect the home numbers a bit.

I hope you’re not stopping at just paying your lady in.  Treat her to the full match day experience, a Wrights pie washed down by a can of wine.  Winner. 👍🏻

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Echo what 3 or 4 others have said. Hartlepool were dire. As cosy a victory as we've had all season. 

However Friday is a new day. 

Nothing to fear whilst respectful they've recently drawn with Mansfield and FGR 

Advert:

Hartlepool have been a decent home side this season so it won't be easy. They were also losing 2 nil at home to Mansfield the other week and came back to draw 2 2. The last time we beat Hartlepool away was in 1994 and we ended up getting promoted that season so hopefully history repeats itself. Hopefully we will defend abit better than what we did against Oldham the other day nick a goal and come back with a 1 nil win.

• Like 6

Guest Vale at home
1 hour ago, Andy Proctor said:

Hartlepool have been a decent home side this season so it won't be easy. They were also losing 2 nil at home to Mansfield the other week and came back to draw 2 2. The last time we beat Hartlepool away was in 1994 and we ended up getting promoted that season so hopefully history repeats itself. Hopefully we will defend abit better than what we did against Oldham the other day nick a goal and come back with a 1 nil win.

3 points would be Brilliant. Come on The Vale . Good Luck for Friday and Monday.