onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Hartlepool United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

17 hours ago, ValeSLF said:

I am much better thank you, I loved the Hartlepool game and I thought we were worthy winners. However, I have then spent a couple of days up in a North East hospital but now back here - eventually, and now need to check it out. I have now twice had this "Loss of Consciousness". It is nothing to do with Vale, I loved Friday except the closing moments after the guys left the pitch and we were all filing out. I don't care to repeat that and it is something else and I need to get to the bottom of it.

Thank you for your all kind comments. I don't think I'm feeling well enough for Bristol Rovers but maybe Newport!!!! See you there. Stand by me again when I fall over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UTV.

Glad your feeling better.  Promotion will help.

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

I would temper expectations on Taylor. He has some good attributes but he's missed out on a couple of key years of development due to injuries, and would be a 5th choice central midfielder if everyone were fit. 

I definitely don't think he's the most talented midfield player since Ray Walker; I don't think he's the most talented midfielder at the club right now, not even 2nd.  His cross was excellent for Hall's goal and I hope to see him build upon it with a few minutes before now and the end of the season, but the team has functioned very well in his absence.

He's only 2.5 years younger than Walker and Conlon, and 18 months younger than Garrity. All three of these players will be here next season and competing for minutes, as well as Pett who has served as captain and has a lot of experience. Conlon starts when fit, Garrity will play due to his goal return; you're left with Walker, Taylor, and Pett for the DM role. It will require an outstanding pre-season and zero injuries to be in the starting XI picture next season, which is a massive ask.

he did play really well though yesterday in all fairness

3 hours ago, Joe B said:

I would temper expectations on Taylor. He has some good attributes but he's missed out on a couple of key years of development due to injuries, and would be a 5th choice central midfielder if everyone were fit. 

I definitely don't think he's the most talented midfield player since Ray Walker; I don't think he's the most talented midfielder at the club right now, not even 2nd.  His cross was excellent for Hall's goal and I hope to see him build upon it with a few minutes before now and the end of the season, but the team has functioned very well in his absence.

He's only 2.5 years younger than Walker and Conlon, and 18 months younger than Garrity. All three of these players will be here next season and competing for minutes, as well as Pett who has served as captain and has a lot of experience. Conlon starts when fit, Garrity will play due to his goal return; you're left with Walker, Taylor, and Pett for the DM role. It will require an outstanding pre-season and zero injuries to be in the starting XI picture next season, which is a massive ask.

It's all about opinions and the above subject matter will be good fodder for a close season debate. At the moment it's best  to enjoy the run Vale are having and the position the club finds itself in.

If Jake Taylor can get back to "just" the player he was in the 2019/20 season then Vale will have some player on their hands which would be very beneficial for both Vale and player. One ca 40 min cameo after returning from injury doesn't make a season but it showed AC that Taylor still has the ability and can produce when needed.

You won’t win anything with 11 players, it is a team / squad game. We are where we are because we have players who can step up to the mark when needed, best assembled squad for many years. Jake Taylor is very much a part of that squad.

On 16/04/2022 at 16:50, ValeSLF said:

I am much better thank you, I loved the Hartlepool game and I thought we were worthy winners. However, I have then spent a couple of days up in a North East hospital but now back here - eventually, and now need to check it out. I have now twice had this "Loss of Consciousness". It is nothing to do with Vale, I loved Friday except the closing moments after the guys left the pitch and we were all filing out. I don't care to repeat that and it is something else and I need to get to the bottom of it.

Thank you for your all kind comments. I don't think I'm feeling well enough for Bristol Rovers but maybe Newport!!!! See you there. Stand by me again when I fall over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UTV.

I was worried about you when  it was mentioned on the radio , but very glad to hear that you had recovered. Get those tests done at all costs . We don’t want to lose you. 
Take care and God  bless. 

Archived