onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Hartlepool United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Guest Vale at home
1 hour ago, ValeSLF said:

I am much better thank you everyone (from ValeSLF). This is the second time that I have experienced this "lack of consciousness" (and nothing to do with alcohol either). It was great at Hartlepool but for me, just the final moments as we were all leaving.

I have been referred for tests which I hope reveal something.

Thanks all for your kind wishes.

UTV

I do hope you feel better very soon . Good Luck with  your  tests .

I also would like to give a shout out to Edmonson. Young lad , obviously well out of his comfort zone,  giving it his all, doing his team a decent job. Yet he was slaughtered on radio stoke commentary on ifollow. I never listen to RS commentaries,  is it normal to have a " scapegoat "

I remember us being 5 nil up v southend in a crucial game, and them crucifying Rodney because a misplaced pass resulted in southend scoring a worldy.  Weird 

This season has been a war of attrition. 
the amount of injuries to key players and the gaffers dreadful news, has been beyond belief. 
yet here we are sitting 3rd with a 5 point cushion and of course the hugely important goal difference. 
I keep imagining the players on a conveyor belt waiting there chance to shine. 
someone gets injured, press the button and out pops a shiny new replacement that slots right in as if nothing happened. The togetherness and determination to do something special this season, is incredible to see. 
Congratulations  to everyone concerned at the club from cleaners to Carol and Kevin. Special thanks to the management team (they are the epitome of a team) and every single player. 
4 more points required in my opinion for promotion but let’s keep going and aim for the top slot. 
UTV. 

7 hours ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

I also would like to give a shout out to Edmonson. Young lad , obviously well out of his comfort zone,  giving it his all, doing his team a decent job. Yet he was slaughtered on radio stoke commentary on ifollow. I never listen to RS commentaries,  is it normal to have a " scapegoat "

I remember us being 5 nil up v southend in a crucial game, and them crucifying Rodney because a misplaced pass resulted in southend scoring a worldy.  Weird 

I never have the RS commentary on ifollow away, always the home  teams.
Sometimes it’s hopeless and I laugh out loud at some of the astoundingly biased comments. A lot of the times they are incredibly professional and give a great insight into how the vale are performing compared to other teams who have visited. 
RS is just dross week in week out. At least listening to the opposition I get a chance to laugh or be entertained. 

Jamie Proctor's record is ludicrous. As much as this has been a team effort, you can't deny that we are a completely different side with him.
He's started 20 league games, and has basically played 20 '90s' when you account for all his substitutions on and off.
He's got 11 league goals and 4 assists, a goal or assist every 120 minutes.
In the 20 starts he's made, our record is: won 15, drawn 3, and lost 2 (the farcical Rochdale and Sutton games, in which he scored 3 and assisted 1 in those two games). A win% of 75% and a PPG of 2.4. That is 110 points over 46 games.
In the 22 games he hasn't started, our record is: won 6, drawn 9, lost 7, a win% of 27% and a PPG of 1.2. 55 points over 46 games.
Our record is mid-table without him, and record-shattering with him.
His first touch, aggression, mobility, link-up, and finishing is beyond what I've seen at this level for a long time. I've seen excellent finishers (Mullin, Telford etc.) but not a player who so seismically transforms his team with his all-round abilities. You can add in his 'big-goals' against Orient and Tranmere, too.
He's our player of the season by an absolute country mile, despite playing half the available minutes. We've not had a single player had this level of impact on a side since 12/13 Pope.
A few weeks ago I foolishly lost faith, at a time when Proctor wasn't fit and we looked really poor. My fear was he wouldn't regain fitness, as he'd broken down in his comeback v Walsall, and his replacements were nowhere near his level. Thankfully he looks sharp and I look a bit daft, as per.
If he'd stayed fit for 35 games, we'd have the title wrapped up by now. Jim Proctor FC. Wrap him in cotton wool next season.
Superb.

Sutton away was the first game I saw live this season and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It felt like we were cheating having Proctor in the side.

That was a strange football match. If you'd told me after 20 minutes there was going to be 7 goals in the game I'd have put a fair bit of money on us winning 7-0. It's absolutely outrageous that we lost that game of nogger.

But yeah, Jamie Proctor is a great man.

I don't wish to get carried away with Jake Taylor's performance yesterday but IMHO there's a lot more to come from him, he just needs an extended run in the team and a fair chance. At the start of the season he wasn't given a chance, I think it was Crawley away and Accy at home where he came on for the last ca 30mins in each game and produced some scintillating passes and solid all round displays in midfield. Against Rochdale and Liverpool U23's in the whatever Cup his performances were outstanding, against Liverpool U23 he was the standout player on the pitch yet only 23 years old himself.
Since about the middle of November he almost became the forgotten man. It was disclosed he was injured but none of the management staff mentioned him when discussing injured players and I started to think he didn't fit the mold of midfield player the management team wanted at Vale and he may be on his way.
So yesterday's performance was great for Jake 'cause it reminded AC/DC what he can do when it was needed and what a good player he is.  I just hope the only place he's going is Lge 1 playing for the Vale 'cause I'd be amazed if he doesn't shine in the higher division and it's wonderful to watch a player week in week out with such talent.
He is the closest to and most talented midfield player I've seen at Vale Park since Ray Walker and before him Jonny Green. He just needs to stay free of injury, have some breaks go his way and he could play a starring role and take Vale through to the upper echelons of Lge 1 and beyond.
Great post m8

I would temper expectations on Taylor. He has some good attributes but he's missed out on a couple of key years of development due to injuries, and would be a 5th choice central midfielder if everyone were fit. 

I definitely don't think he's the most talented midfield player since Ray Walker; I don't think he's the most talented midfielder at the club right now, not even 2nd.  His cross was excellent for Hall's goal and I hope to see him build upon it with a few minutes before now and the end of the season, but the team has functioned very well in his absence.

He's only 2.5 years younger than Walker and Conlon, and 18 months younger than Garrity. All three of these players will be here next season and competing for minutes, as well as Pett who has served as captain and has a lot of experience. Conlon starts when fit, Garrity will play due to his goal return; you're left with Walker, Taylor, and Pett for the DM role. It will require an outstanding pre-season and zero injuries to be in the starting XI picture next season, which is a massive ask.

I would temper expectations on Taylor. He has some good attributes but he's missed out on a couple of key years of development due to injuries, and would be a 5th choice central midfielder if everyone were fit. 
I definitely don't think he's the most talented midfield player since Ray Walker; I don't think he's the most talented midfielder at the club right now, not even 2nd.  His cross was excellent for Hall's goal and I hope to see him build upon it with a few minutes before now and the end of the season, but the team has functioned very well in his absence.
He's only 2.5 years younger than Walker and Conlon, and 18 months younger than Garrity. All three of these players will be here next season and competing for minutes, as well as Pett who has served as captain and has a lot of experience. Conlon starts when fit, Garrity will play due to his goal return; you're left with Walker, Taylor, and Pett for the DM role. It will require an outstanding pre-season and zero injuries to be in the starting XI picture next season, which is a massive ask.
If he plays like yesterday he's both welcome and appreciated. Competition for places always good

Taylor did well but I think Bristol Rovers would be a different kettle of fish to the last half hour against Hartlepool. I’d much rather have more of a solid defensive mid in there but I don’t know who will be fit or can be pressed into playing there.

Archived