onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Hartlepool United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

After the emotion of yesterday, I wanted to highlight the amazing work the management team have done with the players . It really is remarkable how they have kept everyone going. We effectively had 2 teams this season. One in Aug-Nov and a new team with a slightly different style from Jan onwards.

Players like Stone,Martin,Benning couldn’t get a look in Aug-Nov for one reason or another but have been instrumental during this winning sequence. We had another player yesterday who stepped in like he had played all season yesterday.

Jake Taylor.Brilliant and not just for the goal. Absolute class display. Also a special mention for Edmondson doing a solid job in an alien position.

Remarkable effort from everyone.

AC was right…this is a really really special group of people from top to bottom. 

7 hours ago, Dr Delgado said:

This is something which has perplexed me for years. I can only surmise that those constant lambasters have known nothing other than ridicule and derision in their own lives, maybe nobody told them that they loved them as a child. I suspect it could be learned behaviour. I would suggest this could be cured with maybe a hug or a few reassuring words like, “there, there you are beautiful”. Try it and let me know how you get on. UTV

Obviously daddy wouldn't buy him a pony 🐴

6 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

100% this.

That poster is more than entitled to their opinion… but for them to spend hours and hours, post after post attempting to turn every single bit of news out of the club against the manager in a down right nasty vendetta was awful to read and showed their character loud and clear.

The deafening silence over the awful news DC received doubled down on that for me.

Best case it was embarrassment on their own behaviour. Worst case it was something I don’t want to even consider.

Like the Walsall fan who stupidly bought a ticket to Mondays game I hope they feel disgustingly uncomfortable as both sets of fans sing out DCs name! 

So to answer on your behalf on the “why care” question… because if someone attacks the club or another decent human being, they need calling out on it!

Anyway…

KTF

UTV

NICE

3 hours ago, Osh said:
3 hours ago, LancyTony said:
I would love one of those!!!

I'd buy one in a heartbeat

Do they also come in glittered magenta (aka pink) XXL (yes I know) as I'm currently embracing my sparkly side    😄👍 NICE

2 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

Do they also come in glittered magenta (aka pink) XXL (yes I know) as I'm currently embracing my sparkly side    😄👍 NICE

I couldn't give a toss about the colour (though prefer black, white and gold) I'd still wear it with pride. Bring it on!

I don't wish to get carried away with Jake Taylor's performance yesterday but IMHO there's a lot more to come from him, he just needs an extended run in the team and a fair chance. At the start of the season he wasn't given a chance, I think it was Crawley away and Accy at home where he came on for the last ca 30mins in each game and produced some scintillating passes and solid all round displays in midfield. Against Rochdale and Liverpool U23's in the whatever Cup his performances were outstanding, against Liverpool U23 he was the standout player on the pitch yet only 23 years old himself.

Since about the middle of November he almost became the forgotten man. It was disclosed he was injured but none of the management staff mentioned him when discussing injured players and I started to think he didn't fit the mold of midfield player the management team wanted at Vale and he may be on his way.

So yesterday's performance was great for Jake 'cause it reminded AC/DC what he can do when it was needed and what a good player he is.  I just hope the only place he's going is Lge 1 playing for the Vale 'cause I'd be amazed if he doesn't shine in the higher division and it's wonderful to watch a player week in week out with such talent.

He is the closest to and most talented midfield player I've seen at Vale Park since Ray Walker and before him Jonny Green. He just needs to stay free of injury, have some breaks go his way and he could play a starring role and take Vale through to the upper echelons of Lge 1 and beyond.

Just saw the video making the rounds with DC on the pitch after the game. Amazing to see him back and you really see the spirit within in the team. 

After years of dodgy owners and miserable results. Carol and Co have done miracle wonders at the club and I've never been so proud to be a vale fan. 

There's still some twist and turns ahead before the season ends but without being biased, I feel we deserve to go up after everything that has happened. Whatever the outcome I'm proud of my local football club 

On 15/04/2022 at 17:23, sheffield61 said:

Thankfully the unwell gentleman is now FINE according to radio Stoke.....😍

I am much better thank you everyone (from ValeSLF). This is the second time that I have experienced this "lack of consciousness" (and nothing to do with alcohol either). It was great at Hartlepool but for me, just the final moments as we were all leaving.

I have been referred for tests which I hope reveal something.

Thanks all for your kind wishes.

UTV

On 15/04/2022 at 17:18, PVFC764 said:

Hope the medical emergency in the Vale end is not serious and the person is being looked after.

Good news on the Vale fan being looked after.  Got a head injury and being looked after by the Vale physio and their medical staff.

I am much better thank you, I loved the Hartlepool game and I thought we were worthy winners. However, I have then spent a couple of days up in a North East hospital but now back here - eventually, and now need to check it out. I have now twice had this "Loss of Consciousness". It is nothing to do with Vale, I loved Friday except the closing moments after the guys left the pitch and we were all filing out. I don't care to repeat that and it is something else and I need to get to the bottom of it.

Thank you for your all kind comments. I don't think I'm feeling well enough for Bristol Rovers but maybe Newport!!!! See you there. Stand by me again when I fall over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UTV.

Archived