onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Hartlepool United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

4 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Why do you even care?

Not going get into this as you have shown yourself up over the last 20 games with no comments at all congratulating the team,the club,manager or assistant during this amazing run we have been on BUT we are all Vale so lets come together for the last push

Onwards and Upwards

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

Not going get into this as you have shown yourself up over the last 20 games with no comments at all congratulating the team,the club,manager or assistant during this amazing run we have been on BUT we are all Vale so lets come together for the last push

Onwards and Upwards

If you are going to slag me off, at least get your facts right. 

2 hours ago, onestepatatime said:

Woke up this morning to see it was Hall who scored! Well the majority of Vale fans were singing Jamie Proctor's name as we all thought it was him. Too excited and relieved at the time.😉

The first sentence could be the lyrics of a blues song.

Jamie Proctor's record is ludicrous. As much as this has been a team effort, you can't deny that we are a completely different side with him.

He's started 20 league games, and has basically played 20 '90s' when you account for all his substitutions on and off.

He's got 11 league goals and 4 assists, a goal or assist every 120 minutes.

In the 20 starts he's made, our record is: won 15, drawn 3, and lost 2 (the farcical Rochdale and Sutton games, in which he scored 3 and assisted 1 in those two games). A win% of 75% and a PPG of 2.4. That is 110 points over 46 games.

In the 22 games he hasn't started, our record is: won 6, drawn 9, lost 7, a win% of 27% and a PPG of 1.2. 55 points over 46 games.

Our record is mid-table without him, and record-shattering with him.

His first touch, aggression, mobility, link-up, and finishing is beyond what I've seen at this level for a long time. I've seen excellent finishers (Mullin, Telford etc.) but not a player who so seismically transforms his team with his all-round abilities. You can add in his 'big-goals' against Orient and Tranmere, too.

He's our player of the season by an absolute country mile, despite playing half the available minutes. We've not had a single player had this level of impact on a side since 12/13 Pope.

A few weeks ago I foolishly lost faith, at a time when Proctor wasn't fit and we looked really poor. My fear was he wouldn't regain fitness, as he'd broken down in his comeback v Walsall, and his replacements were nowhere near his level. Thankfully he looks sharp and I look a bit daft, as per.

If he'd stayed fit for 35 games, we'd have the title wrapped up by now. Jim Proctor FC. Wrap him in cotton wool next season.

Spot on , and yet some bloke in front of us at Hartlepool yesterday absolutely slaughtered Proctor all game until Hussey came on then he set about him , unbelievable!!

Why do these people go ? 
We’re on a fantastic run , 4 games to go, the players need all the encouragement we can provide to get us over the line ! 
The support was magnificent yesterday as always (except for maybe one or two !!) absolute credit to the Club and topped off by Darrell’s emotional appearance , brilliant! On to the next one , we’re getting closer ! 
UTV 

38 minutes ago, Joe B said:

A few weeks ago I foolishly lost faith, at a time when Proctor wasn't fit and we looked really poor. My fear was he wouldn't regain fitness, as he'd broken down in his comeback v Walsall, and his replacements were nowhere near his level. Thankfully he looks sharp and I look a bit daft, as per.

There was a definite gear change after Colchester. This might feel like a presumptuous thing to say but sometimes a defeat in a promotion season feels like a pivotal moment and you never look back.

In 1994 we had a massive gut punch losing away at promotion rivals Stockport on a Tuesday night. It felt like we'd thrown any chance of automatic promotion away. Two days later we picked ourselves up to beat York in a hastily rearranged Thursday night game and we started a run of five straight wins. The rest is history.

Since the halfway mark of games played, which was a bit skewed because of Covid, our record in the 'back nine' of the season has been exceptional - even if we did get bogged down with draws for a bit.

18 minutes ago, ValeGez said:

Spot on , and yet some bloke in front of us at Hartlepool yesterday absolutely slaughtered Proctor all game until Hussey came on then he set about him , unbelievable!!

Why do these people go ? 
We’re on a fantastic run , 4 games to go, the players need all the encouragement we can provide to get us over the line ! 
The support was magnificent yesterday as always (except for maybe one or two !!) absolute credit to the Club and topped off by Darrell’s emotional appearance , brilliant! On to the next one , we’re getting closer ! 
UTV 

This is something which has perplexed me for years. I can only surmise that those constant lambasters have known nothing other than ridicule and derision in their own lives, maybe nobody told them that they loved them as a child. I suspect it could be learned behaviour. I would suggest this could be cured with maybe a hug or a few reassuring words like, “there, there you are beautiful”. Try it and let me know how you get on. UTV

15 minutes ago, Dr Delgado said:

This is something which has perplexed me for years. I can only surmise that those constant lambasters have known nothing other than ridicule and derision in their own lives, maybe nobody told them that they loved them as a child. I suspect it could be learned behaviour. I would suggest this could be cured with maybe a hug or a few reassuring words like, “there, there you are beautiful”. Try it and let me know how you get on. UTV

Thanks for the offer ‘Dr’ however I certainly wouldn’t want to try the ‘hug’ and I think any attempt at consolation or understanding would pass them by in a second 😉😃

One possible solution would be for them to stay at home and let the rest of us enjoy these current great times without the drone of someone who obviously struggles to engross happiness without blasting off at someone trying their best for everyone 👍Interesting idea of yours though 😃👍

UTV 

2 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Not going get into this as you have shown yourself up over the last 20 games with no comments at all congratulating the team,the club,manager or assistant during this amazing run we have been on 

100% this.

That poster is more than entitled to their opinion… but for them to spend hours and hours, post after post attempting to turn every single bit of news out of the club against the manager in a down right nasty vendetta was awful to read and showed their character loud and clear.

The deafening silence over the awful news DC received doubled down on that for me.

Best case it was embarrassment on their own behaviour. Worst case it was something I don’t want to even consider.

Like the Walsall fan who stupidly bought a ticket to Mondays game I hope they feel disgustingly uncomfortable as both sets of fans sing out DCs name! 

So to answer on your behalf on the “why care” question… because if someone attacks the club or another decent human being, they need calling out on it!

Anyway…

KTF

UTV

17 hours ago, FeedThePope9 said:

That video is enough to make a grown man cry! Hopefully you'll be able to get back to Burslem for what is set up to be a great game. Bring on the Gas, it's going to be huge.

UTV

There was a few wet eyes around d me in the crowd yesterday at the end when DC came on, and not ashamed in admitting, mine including.

Archived