onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Hartlepool United v Port Vale

Fosse69

A visit to solid mid-table Hartlepool in their first season back in the FL. Their last 5 games are a win at Newport, draws with Mansfield and FGR last Saturday, and defeats by the Cobblers and Salford, so the deckchairs are not yet out.  Worrall is an injury worry but our bench is strong. Vale will have to show their worth in the promotion race to come back to Burslem with 3 points, to keep our 3rd place margin, and so a Happy Easter for SVA, ready for the Gas.

6 pointers: Gas v Salford, Mansfield v Sutton. Also Cobblers could come a cropper at Oldham.

Darrell Clarke`s Black and White Army

Advert

After yesterday I've no nails left . Primed for another 90 minutes of torture plus the mandatory double figures of injury time .

We've just got to do the boring cliché and take each game as it comes. Difficult fixture but so was Salford.

Any chance of a comfortable 2-0 routine win, my nerves are shot. 

The defence including midfield defending and strikers holding the ball up in midfield looked shaky yesterday. Goalkeeper also had a game where coming out was alarming at times. But magnificent effort and got the win in the end. We look potent when playing with confidence going forward. But at Hartlepool number one thing we have to be is solid at the back to give the going forward qualities a chance to win the game 1-0, 2-0.  

Big game, their home form has dipped in recent weeks and a win here sees us as the best away team in the league so need to capitalise.

Last game against a side with nothing to play for (Walsall will be their cup final) so need to be intense and try and get a result.

20 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Big game, their home form has dipped in recent weeks and a win here sees us as the best away team in the league so need to capitalise.

Last game against a side with nothing to play for (Walsall will be their cup final) so need to be intense and try and get a result.

What teams have to play for may well change over the coming days/weeks.  By the time we play Newport they could have cemented a playoff place but not be able to reach the automatics, or they could be out of playoff contention.  Similar for Exeter, who may have secured promotion before the last game.

For now things are so tight that the next game is always the biggest game of the season.  5 more cup finals to go.

4 hours ago, darren1810 said:

After yesterday I've no nails left . Primed for another 90 minutes of torture plus the mandatory double figures of injury time .

We've just got to do the boring cliché and take each game as it comes. Difficult fixture but so was Salford.

Any chance of a comfortable 2-0 routine win, my nerves are shot. 

I love that last sentence and like you, wish for a a nerve-free relatively easy win. However, having supported PV for almost 70 years (that's why I have no hair!) I suspect you, me and all PV followers are going to have our usual  rollercoaster ride for these last 5 matches.  Fasten your seat belts, it may be nerve-wracking but it ain't gonna be boring!

I think having watched the pool v Mansfield other week that  Bogle is  handy but there best player limped off forget his name .

I did notice there support was very vocal .

Going be hard but no harder than any other game yesterday we made it hard for ourselves be interesting see how many Vale go the game 670 official it's the unofficial which may surprise folk .

If I was going Walsall I'd camp out as those 741 will go tomorrow the fans who waiting for general sale not a chance lads got nephew going up for is tomoz my m8 at work wants 5 but only one of them a season ticket holder Chaos 

UTV 

Normally a point away from home is a good result, but we really need 3 from this to give us some breathing space for the tough Bristol and Exeter games, and Newport won’t be easy either.
Watching Newport on EFL Goals on Quest yesterday they looked really quite shakey

Another opportunity to try and get more daylight between us and 4th place . I hope we play with a mindset to win 3 points like we did at Salford and Barrow 2nd half.

Woz a big concern after yesterday. We need him to maintain balance but if he  is unavailable I hope we don’t rush Gibbo back to compensate.We must find another way.

Even though it’s a short week playing on Friday it’s going to be a long week waiting for the game!!

4more wins to guarantee the P word but I think 3 is going to do it.

Plan A: Wozzer’s available and we don’t change anything.

I just can’t see Gibbo being available so the round pegs in round holes alternative for me would be a flat back four with Smith at RB and bring Amoo in on the right wing. I think we should stick with Benning at LB because he’ll bomb on more and Walker can cover that defensively.

2 hours ago, Osh said:
8 hours ago, Conrad said:
Normally a point away from home is a good result, but we really need 3 from this to give us some breathing space for the tough Bristol and Exeter games, and Newport won’t be easy either.

Watching Newport on EFL Goals on Quest yesterday they looked really quite shakey

Bit like me the last 20 mins in the bycars yesterday.

Archived