onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Newport home game switched

Advert

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Regarding Sky, let's hope we can loudly let our feelings be known in front of their cameras.

Sky offered the money, and it was presumably a majority vote from the clubs' owners that accepted it. I'm as annoyed as anyone about the shafting of fans but no club seems principled enough to stand up to Sky. 

I'm just glad we're the home team because it's less inconvenient to us than it is to Newport.

One thing I find interesting is the complete absence of acknowledgement from the club (and indeed any club) as to the disruption to plans made by supporters. Hotels, flights, tickets purchased etc are seemingly of no concern to the clubs.

Could it be that part of the deal with Sky was that clubs never apologise for the inconvenience caused by fixture interference, because to do so would be an admission that it's a largely bad thing for match-goers?

Sky offered the money, and it was presumably a majority vote from the clubs' owners that accepted it. I'm as annoyed as anyone about the shafting of fans but no club seems principled enough to stand up to Sky. 
I'm just glad we're the home team because it's less inconvenient to us than it is to Newport.
One thing I find interesting is the complete absence of acknowledgement from the club (and indeed any club) as to the disruption to plans made by supporters. Hotels, flights, tickets purchased etc are seemingly of no concern to the clubs.
Could it be that part of the deal with Sky was that clubs never apologise for the inconvenience caused by fixture interference, because to do so would be an admission that it's a largely bad thing for match-goers?

The club don’t agree or disagree . They are signed into a contract with sky for the season.

There are more positives for the club as a collective eg- money in the bank etc than negatives

The fans effected will be a small (yet vocal minority ) as they are frustrated

But the crowd if anything , should be higher , as it was against Bradford and was a better atmosphere than usual

Bank holiday Monday means more people off work typically than a Saturday

15 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

The club don’t agree or disagree . They are signed into a contract with sky for the season.

There are more positives for the club as a collective eg- money in the bank etc than negatives

The fans effected will be a small (yet vocal minority ) as they are frustrated

But the crowd if anything , should be higher , as it was against Bradford and was a better atmosphere than usual

Bank holiday Monday means more people off work typically than a Saturday

1. The contract you refer to wouldn't have been forced upon the clubs - they've agreed at some point to enter into it.

2. I'm not so sure about the positives outweighing the negatives. If things turned against us (pray they don't) in the next couple of games, I'd rather start the Newport game at the same time as the rest of the league - because a bad set of results would load the pressure on us for the Monday. For Newport, the game could mean everything, something or nothing - and that will affect their volume of support. Again, by kicking off at the same time the game would have a very different feel. Not to mention the drama of the occasion with goals going in at other venues - this is lost by the rearranged date and time. As for money in the bank, money doesn't create atmosphere and support!      

3. The fans affected by this maybe don't vent on this website but I can assure you there are plenty of people for whom this has ruined plans made. 

4. The crowd should be very decent, but see point 2 about what could adversely affect the attendance.    

5. Bank Holiday also means a day out or holidays for many people. Many such arrangements will have been made and may well be unrefundable. 

So I'm afraid for me the negatives outweigh the positives. I don't blame Vale (i.e I don't blame Carol) who deserves her money back asap. Sky TV has been great for non-matchgoers, but it's largely a bad thing for those who attend.        

Only the FL could have stopped this on the grounds that it gave an unfair advantage to either side over the teams that played on Saturday. It could end up as meaningless, both sides in the POs and neither with a chance of a promotion place.

Had a daughter and dad road trip planned for this match, but again due to Sky wanting the match unable to make the monday as daughter working now.  Thanks sky.  Chance to thank the players at last home game, but will raise a cuppa when listening on ifollow now.

Same for loads of fans by the looks of it.  

2 hours ago, smithie said:

Very possible, they will definitely have seen the widespread anger in the comments on social media but Vale just completely fronted it out. Which is also aggravating, they’re part of the arrangement that has <ovf censored> over fans who deserve to be there in person for what is possibly a very special event but ignore that as it’s inconvenient.

3 hours ago, smithie said:

1. The contract you refer to wouldn't have been forced upon the clubs - they've agreed at some point to enter into it.

2. I'm not so sure about the positives outweighing the negatives. If things turned against us (pray they don't) in the next couple of games, I'd rather start the Newport game at the same time as the rest of the league - because a bad set of results would load the pressure on us for the Monday. For Newport, the game could mean everything, something or nothing - and that will affect their volume of support. Again, by kicking off at the same time the game would have a very different feel. Not to mention the drama of the occasion with goals going in at other venues - this is lost by the rearranged date and time. As for money in the bank, money doesn't create atmosphere and support!      

3. The fans affected by this maybe don't vent on this website but I can assure you there are plenty of people for whom this has ruined plans made. 

4. The crowd should be very decent, but see point 2 about what could adversely affect the attendance.    

5. Bank Holiday also means a day out or holidays for many people. Many such arrangements will have been made and may well be unrefundable. 

So I'm afraid for me the negatives outweigh the positives. I don't blame Vale (i.e I don't blame Carol) who deserves her money back asap. Sky TV has been great for non-matchgoers, but it's largely a bad thing for those who attend.        

I get what you are saying but has any football club ever turned down an opportunity to appear live on tv?

Lots of ifs buts and maybes there , I’d imagine by the time Saturdays games are played , fans home and away will have committed to this game . ..Due to not many buying tickets on a Sunday / day of game

I’m sure it won’t be that bad !

Just for the record I’d have preferred the Saturday game , just hoping the most positive
Times in the clubs last 8 years isn’t over shadowed with moans about being victims of our own success .

The sky cameras are there expecting a promotion party !

Allegedly do not quote me as do not know but Vale have no say if Sky selects your game you have to play it on the time they say and the day they say .

Gutted for folk who can no longer go but delighted for those who couldn't go but now can .

I'm sure workplaces should be more understanding like allowing you do a shift swap ,work another day instead as for folk who have booked go out for the day on Monday then can you swap that to the Saturday (not that easy really is it ).

It affects probably maximum 1000 but the other 1000 who can go now well they have benefitted so I still see a decent crowd we would have to do a extraordinary balls up for the game mean little especially with having so many players in the squad who can score and momentum with us .

If it is the day we clinch promotion then those who cannot go will be double fed up but I urge you ask your workplaces if you can have that day off luckily I work nights so going regardless (sleep can  catch up with that another time ).

UTV 

Archived