onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Newport home game switched

This will be the perfect opportunity to have an offer. 

it’s on sky so we’ll get £75k

this will impact the on the day at attendance. 

make it £5 for home and away fans. Let’s pack the ground. Sky money will cover any loss. 
Bring it on. 👍

Advert

5 hours ago, mattpvfc said:

Stop moaning it is what it is God sake

Very easy to say if you’re still able to attend. 

The biggest game in 9 years, that could see us being promoted, and the rugs been pulled with a few weeks notice under from people who’ve used (now wasted) valuable leave, swapped shifts, booked flights and trains and coaches, and hotels in the case of 25 lads from the NLV, so they could be there on the Saturday. 

All for <ovf censored> Sky tv. That many people won’t even be able to watch at work. 

Sound that. 

Controversial but its 2022 and unfortunately if we want to be successful we have to accept this kind of thing. If most Vale fans find this kind of fixture change unacceptable then we need to stay in league 2.

They will roll out VAR in the championship within 3 years maybe another thing we might have to accept?

I too am in the 'might not be able to go' band but will go into Burslem after the match if we go up and will be at Exeter.

It’s probably affecting about 1% of fans . And the club potentially will net about 70 k.

For all that carol has put into the club she deserves the pay day , a change of leave / travel ticket , I can cope.

The biggest gate this season was when we were on tv. Typically a bank holiday means more people off work than a Saturday.

I get this isn’t the case for service / public service roles - which I’m in before I get the; ‘but I’m in this job’

I’m putting my personal annoyance to one side and looking at the wider benefits for the club

Typical vale (British people) that this has become the biggest talking point over the game today !

We love a moan .

Not great for those of us not in the UK. But I'll just watch it from my desk not being a public holiday 
Those abroad should just get a decent IPTV provider for a month. Won't cost any more (and in some cases less) than had ifollow been available for it

12 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

Depending how many Newport are bringing and interest from home fans for this game I wonder if there could be any option to partition off the Hamil to let home fans in there too? Always seemed the stand you can make the best racket in and I reckon should add to the atmosphere.

Are we expecting over 14,000 home fans?

3 hours ago, MelbourneValiant said:

I think that has killed amy chance of a 5 figure gate. When we played Burton, Northampton, Wolves and I think Coventry, the gate was swelled by a big away following. Newport will bring a couple of hundred, maybe 8,000 Vale. Hope I am wrong.

I would hope a lot more than that if they are going for promotion/playoffs

I hope I am wrong, would love 15k there. But on the back of a 7-1 win last time, a Saturday 3pm kick off only brought in 10k Vale. 
Hopefully being starved of success in recent times will bring more out. 
3 games before Newport, lots can happen, but Sky will dampen the crowd.

Archived