Isn't Tom Conlon ace?

Advert:

7 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

We've seen almost as much of him since he's been out injured as when he was playing every week. Said some really nice things about Rudgie before the statue event and was pictured at it with a big grin on his face. Took his granny to the Golden Valiants coffee morning and played bingo with her. Celebrated on the pitch -whilst using crutches! - at Bradford and other games since. Just think he's such a great captain. I know Carol was recently praising the way he involves himself in the club and thought it should be commented on here. 

Wot Mr said........good call!

• Like 4

Completely agree. As a captain I’d put him up there in the conversation with anyone who has had the armband since I first started going. Think he had even been doing some scouting opponents for Andy Crosby as well. A credit to the club.

• Like 5

Don't want to drag up that Tom Pope interview again but, for me, the stuff I've mentioned above is is infinitely better than getting drunk with fans in Burslem. It's obviously nice to see players mingling and celebrating with fans (and there's nothing to say that the squad wouldn't do just that if we do get promoted) but the way TC conducts himself and has embedded himself in the club when he could easily be sat at home playing FIFA shows what a decent, responsible and respectful man he is. I also think that attitude is pretty indicative of the way the club is now. 

• Like 6

Advert:

3 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

We've seen almost as much of him since he's been out injured as when he was playing every week. Said some really nice things about Rudgie before the statue event and was pictured at it with a big grin on his face. Took his granny to the Golden Valiants coffee morning and played bingo with her. Celebrated on the pitch -whilst using crutches! - at Bradford and other games since. Just think he's such a great captain. I know Carol was recently praising the way he involves himself in the club and thought it should be commented on here. 

Ifollow uploads the full match highlights of all league games so I was watching a few back on fast forward yesterday (mostly to enjoy the away commentary whinging when we score)

It really stood out how passionate Conlon is when you focus on him over the other 10.

Collapsing in a heap when Orient went 2-1 up, beating the ground. He went mental when Proctor scored the winner.

Great choice for captain, and good to see him off crutches, walking normally and in training kit. Out for the season a ruse and a cheeky surprise sub appearance to come?

• Like 1

Will certainly strengthen the options off the bench when he is available again
It's an interesting one isn't it. I was thinking about how many of our players could cut it in the league above SHOULD we go up. I would suggest all of Tuesday's starting 11, Conlon, Gibbo, Hussey, Jones and Pett could all cut it in a L1 squad.

Were in a fantastic place going into the summer regardless of which league were in.
  • Like 1

Tom Conlon is quality both on and off the pitch. He is a quality player with great technical ability which is fantastic but I am most impressed with his conduct off the pitch. He is a proper role model and has that connect with the fans. He knows what football means to the port vale fans and works hard and is a leader to his fellow team-mates. Not to mention his work in the community and his support to DC with what's going on at the moment. A real proper asset to us. 

• Like 4

Advert:

Yep, sounds like a terrific influence around the club, even when injured and he's demonstrated so many times on the pitch what an excellent player he is for Vale.

Don't see many players in Lge 2 with Conlon's passing ability and tenacity, IMHO he will easily transition and play in Lge 1 for Vale. 

• Like 1