Jump to content

Match Thread: Port Vale v Oldham Athletic


Recommended Posts

Advert:


Just bought tickets for me and my lad in the Bycars.

I've posted before saying we had stayed away since the relegation season and decided to go the first 2 home games of the season,both 0-0.

Couldn't go to the Rochdale game but we went against Harrogate. It just felt better all round. Since then we've seen another 6 wins and our own personal record in the league is W7 D6 L1.

I've totally bought in to the 1 game at a time mantra. It won't be won or lost tomorrow and we're in a great position. I'm confident that the calmness of Andy Crosby steering the ship has been hugely influential. I'd rather have him in charge than horrid Joey Barton or moaning Nigel Clough The players are trying their best and the fans create a great atmosphere, especially at the last 3 home games.

Hopefully we'll be quick out of the blocks tomorrow,get the crowd involved and I'm sure the players will do their bit.

All positives from me...hope the kids who came to the last home game can come back...maybe to see another Proctor special!

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First home game of the season for me tomorrow. Ive been to a couple of away games but will make the drive from North Yorkshire tomorrow to cheer the lads on! Should be a cracking atmosphere. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Emile said:

I really don't get this obsession with calling our own fans out for not 'packing the park'. I think it's great to get as many people to go to games as possible but I think vale fans are some of the most loyal in the league. 

Don't worry it's breadwinner /Alsager valiant, he is a bit of a hypocrite as he was the one a few years ago saying he couldn't be bothered to.go as he was away with his girlfriend most weekends or was working. Which I get but don't slate others who maybe can't afford or have other things to do. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Emile said:

I really don't get this obsession with calling our own fans out for not 'packing the park'. I think it's great to get as many people to go to games as possible but I think vale fans are some of the most loyal in the league. 

I agree. I can't imagine it helps fans who are ill, having money issues or have other pressing commitments to be wrongly called "disloyal" supporters on top of all their other problems.

I am sure:

a) Vale fans need no reminders of just how important this and the remaining games are

b) Vale fans love the club and will come if they can - but sometimes people can't - there are some things in life that are more important than attending a football match

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


Guest Vale at home
23 minutes ago, robf said:

I agree. I can't imagine it helps fans who are ill, having money issues or have other pressing commitments to be wrongly called "disloyal" supporters on top of all their other problems.

I am sure:

a) Vale fans need no reminders of just how important this and the remaining games are

b) Vale fans love the club and will come if they can - but sometimes people can't - there are some things in life that are more important than attending a football match

Well said . I do agree . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, robf said:

I agree. I can't imagine it helps fans who are ill, having money issues or have other pressing commitments to be wrongly called "disloyal" supporters on top of all their other problems.

I am sure:

a) Vale fans need no reminders of just how important this and the remaining games are

b) Vale fans love the club and will come if they can - but sometimes people can't - there are some things in life that are more important than attending a football match

Agreed, hopefully all can that can make it do as I think it’d be great to be part of something special that is happening right now but everyone has their own individual circumstances and they certainly shouldn’t be guilt tripped.

For tomorrow no need to change anything which isn’t broke so same team again. If can reach the same intensity we were showing on Tuesday then I expect we will have too much for Oldham. Can’t afford any complacency though. Under this setup with this squad I’m confident that won’t be a problem though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And back on topic!

2-1 Vale. Can see Oldham getting one somewhere along the line but I honestly feel if we play anywhere close to the standard we have recently set then Vale will come out on top. Really hope they stay up after however, decent club who I think all Vale fans should have some sympathy with at the moment.

We also owe them one for earlier in the season. Revenge against Sutton is complete, revenge against Salford is complete, revenge against Oldham pending. 

Proctor and Worrall.

UTV

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, newchapel valiant said:

Don't worry it's breadwinner /Alsager valiant, he is a bit of a hypocrite as he was the one a few years ago saying he couldn't be bothered to.go as he was away with his girlfriend most weekends or was working. Which I get but don't slate others who maybe can't afford or have other things to do. 

You are correct in a way and it's not like I was calling folk out who cannot go or afford go I just think if your Vale you go .

My post was aimed at folk who come big games but do not bother 95 per cent go to games where they are needed .

I've being more games than you will know and even if I do not go ill put money in the club some way or other but I do go away for weekends with gf that's correct and be honest most seasons I'm glad I do /did but this season is different there's a excellence about what's on the pitch players giving there all I put that post and many others on because I Love the Vale and want a big crowd (not for me it makes no difference to me )for the owners who unselfish hard work as brought everything I'd associate as professionalism back to our club .

UTV 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


55 minutes ago, southernsausage said:

And back on topic!

2-1 Vale. Can see Oldham getting one somewhere along the line but I honestly feel if we play anywhere close to the standard we have recently set then Vale will come out on top. Really hope they stay up after however, decent club who I think all Vale fans should have some sympathy with at the moment.

We also owe them one for earlier in the season. Revenge against Sutton is complete, revenge against Salford is complete, revenge against Oldham pending. 

Proctor and Worrall.

UTV

I can see a very big win think it was Oldham last year it ended 0-0 but we should have had minimum 4 on that day with Worrall superb .

Really looking forwards to it I think 4-0 Proctor 3 and Wilson 1 .

Att 9435

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

I can see a very big win think it was Oldham last year it ended 0-0 but we should have had minimum 4 on that day with Worrall superb .

Really looking forwards to it I think 4-0 Proctor 3 and Wilson 1 .

Att 9435

Really hope that if we get a bumper gate approaching 10,000 that’s what the official attendance is quoted as and not knocked down by a couple of thousand for financial reasons 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

I can see a very big win think it was Oldham last year it ended 0-0 but we should have had minimum 4 on that day with Worrall superb .

Really looking forwards to it I think 4-0 Proctor 3 and Wilson 1 .

Att 9435

Yes think that's correct, just before DC got us going in that mad run we went on at the end of the season?? Curle's first game in charge of Oldham at the time I think... Hammered them and somehow ended 0-0, play like that tomorrow and Proc and Willo have a hattrick each🤣

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Really hope that if we get a bumper gate approaching 10,000 that’s what the official attendance is quoted as and not knocked down by a couple of thousand for financial reasons 

If all season ticket holders go the gates 8500 as of  3 pm yesterday including Oldham some fellas put on on Wonder of Vale who I doubt is lying as he usually knows when tickets are on sale before they are and is usually spot on so hopefully its our biggest gate of season  

UTV 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is one of thiose really potential 'banana skins.'  Described as "strugglers" (and certainly the league table would back that claim) however, two wins on the bounce and 2 clean sheets suggest this ain't gonna be a walk in the park!

All too often Vale seem to struggle against teams like Oldham--as their snatched victory against us at their place shows.  Let's hope that we don't 'skid' on that banana skin tomorrow!  Two other fixtures with top-9 teams playing each other could help us whatever our result, but fingers crossed that we can add another 3 points to our tally.  Come on you Vale!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


I have a flexi ten ticket which as one game left on it which i wont for the bristol rovers game so i have brought a ticket for tomorrows game which mean my seat will not be sold as it is classed as a season ticket the ticket i have got for tomorrow is the seat next to my flexi  ticket seat and they could not sell it even though i had my flexi card with me also told vale not selling flexi tickets next season i'm 72 in june and because of ill heath do not go night games so the flexi is very helpfull. as i don't have to buy a full season ticket.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen Vale offering parking on Dimensions for remaining three games and Robbie concert, reservable.  Isn't that going to be chaos given its a public car park, and only normally costs £1.20 to park there for a game!  Vale are looking at normal £5 for same space!!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, The Wonder of You said:

Just seen Vale offering parking on Dimensions for remaining three games and Robbie concert, reservable.  Isn't that going to be chaos given its a public car park, and only normally costs £1.20 to park there for a game!  Vale are looking at normal £5 for same space!!!!

 

Thanks for that info ,I usually park on there thanks will park somewhere else and walk in thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act on ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please use the contact form

    If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here

    Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here

  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...