Match Thread: Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

1 hour ago, Hoppers said:

I get you breadwinner, but I wonder how many of those stay away fans read this forum 

No idea I read lots of football forums .

I'm.a bit obsessed love a good read .

Just loved it that season when Popey and the team were doing us proud and the excitement was building even more as the ground ends were selling out or selling well that would be the right description .

The whole club should be buzzing .

I believe we will beat Oldham I see INTENSITY and desire and application and I think that fuelled with large numbers of home folk turning up passionately can see us sat sitting  in a marvellous position on 72 points .

All games now for PVFC are must see folk will happily pay large amount of money go SVA well I want SVH .

UTV 

Advert:

Vale have only beat Oldham at home once in the last 8 meetings at vale park. 2 of the games were embarrassing home defeats 3 nil and 4 1 and 2 others boring nil nil draws so hopefully we will get the win this time. Last time we beat them at home jack grimmer scored the winner about 7 years ago now.

• Confused 1

Vale lost at their place when they pushed Piergianni forward who made a real nuisance of himself in our box 2nd half. I can only imagine AC has plans to deal with this tactic if they do the same again on Saturday. 

Advert:

Lorne Street pretty much sold out. Only about 20 odd seats left according to the Port Vale ticket website. 
Let's get behind the lads and pack the park!!!
UTV
I got mine for the paddock online today. Hell of a lot of seat taken in my usual zone
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
56 minutes ago, FeedThePope9 said:
Lorne Street pretty much sold out. Only about 20 odd seats left according to the Port Vale ticket website. 
UTV

I got mine for the paddock online today. Hell of a lot of seat taken in my usual zone

Great to hear. I really do hope there's a good crowd on Saturday. If the Railway is anywhere near as noisy as it was for the Sutton match, we should be in for a cracking atmosphere.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Big difference between this and the away game was in that one we had Amoo and Rodney up front. We still outplayed them mind.

My mate, who is an Oldham season ticket holder thought it was going to be a cricket score second half but it wasn’t, let’s make amends tomorrow and roar them on

3 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

Vale have only beat Oldham at home once in the last 8 meetings at vale park. 2 of the games were embarrassing home defeats 3 nil and 4 1 and 2 others boring nil nil draws so hopefully we will get the win this time. Last time we beat them at home jack grimmer scored the winner about 7 years ago now.

That’s the past, this is now!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walka003 said:
1 hour ago, FeedThePope9 said:
UTV

How many away fans?

Advert:

Just now, Walka003 said:
2 minutes ago, Raveninblack said:
How many away fans?

No idea, i think their twitter account saif they'd sold 1,000

1000 is pretty decent for a club near the bottom end of League 2 but having said that, Oldham always had a good following.

It's about time we had a good away crowd at VP as anything above 200 would beat the recent figures we've had!

• Like 1

Huge game! No doubt it’s a potential banana skin but full faith in the lads. Season ticket holder but unfortunately (well not really unfortunate) I’m flying to Jamaica on Saturday so missing two games. Won’t know the score until I land! Come on boys keep it going. I’m looking at Bristol or Newport as being huge games which could seal it for us

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Big difference between this and the away game was in that one we had Amoo and Rodney up front. We still outplayed them mind.

Both of them were involved in the goals and if I remember rightly Gibbo had a worldie that day too. Whilst Legge had a mare when he came on. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Both of them were involved in the goals and if I remember rightly Gibbo had a worldie that day too. Whilst Legge had a mare when he came on. 

We were so great for large parts of that game. Never felt so optimistic about our team after leaving a game we'd lost. Gibbo was incredible.

• Like 1

Advert:

I was hoping to watch Vale academy v Oldham academy. On Saturday morning before the main event. Any idea where its being played

23 hours ago, KidsgroveVALE said:

Much as people love the club, not everyone can make every match as you should know. That is not an excuse but a fact.

I have a full season ticket, not a 10 game one but usually miss one or two during a season, not by choice but usually work commitments.

I'm sure after the season we've had people who can attend will attend and don't need constant reminding.

VTID

Agreed......I can only travel over for one of two games in the near future and have plumped for the GAS......☺️