• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

Going to be a tough game. Need to get a big gate and support the team. It was around this point in the promotion season we had the huge gate for burton (albeit tickets were cheap). 

• Like 1

Advert:

Expected 7000 there on sat need more to be honest .

The players and owners deserve more .

What more can they do .

Do we have to play a big club get major interest just mentally change Oldham to Man City and get yourselves to the match .

If your Vale and you still making excuses not go then I wonder what it would take get you going .

Help the faithful sell those ends out and give it your all  

Something special is happening do you want be part of it or not .

Weird area this is years ago v Liverpool was 54 thousand for a Vale cup game .

Get behind your local club .

UTV 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

What more can they do .

Do we have to play a big club get major interest just mentally change Oldham to Man City and get yourselves to the match .

If your Vale and you still making excuses not go then I wonder what it would take get you going .

UTV 

Much as people love the club, not everyone can make every match as you should know. That is not an excuse but a fact.

I have a full season ticket, not a 10 game one but usually miss one or two during a season, not by choice but usually work commitments.

I'm sure after the season we've had people who can attend will attend and don't need constant reminding.

VTID

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, KidsgroveVALE said:

Much as people love the club, not everyone can make every match as you should know. That is not an excuse but a fact.

I have a full season ticket, not a 10 game one but usually miss one or two during a season, not by choice but usually work commitments.

I'm sure after the season we've had people who can attend will attend and don't need constant reminding.

VTID

Not on about the  folk who go like myself(I have a season ticket too ) when they can on about the folk who come out if we have Arsenal at home in Cup etc or Man City Away we take  massive amounts there .

Where are they for run of the mill league games we have won 6 out of 7 should be 10 thousand there every week now , not exactly dear is it 20 quid for a adult Mon to Fri in most areas of the ground .

Just find it a bit frustrating that folk would rather watch a team who achieve nothing (players on ten times our players wages at other local club in fact one of there players earns probably more than our squad ) when a canny person like D Flitcroft along with D Clarke and C Shanahan has put together a terrific in it all together squad yet I'm.reading that only 6000 home fans going turn up out of a crowd of at best  7000 in a massive game at Vale Park one of 6 defining ones .

This post is for the fans who only turn up at them games and finals etc .

Get to the game UTV .

How much do we want it ok I know Easter holidays folk going away etc the ones who have season tickets well you would give them family who ain't going away at a guess .

Anyway as of yet no ends sold out lets hope we can at least sell one end out like Lorne Street the other week come kick off sat 

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner

Advert:

This will be a hard game.... Oldham are a great little club fighting for survival with a more than competent manager.

6 games and 18 points  to go means there is still time for a few twists and turns given how close it is at the top.. The teams that go up will be the ones which overcome he inevitable setbacks they have between now and the end of the season.

Its important for us fans to remember that its now a 6 game season and a poor performance and/or result in the first game doesn't mean the rest of the season is over !

For what its worth I can kind of smell a 1-1 draw.... but I ve everything crossed for a Vale win. Either way I ve been and brought Lidl's finest whisky ready for the weekend and Easter period, I think it will be needed !

whisky.JPG

5 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

What more can they do .

UTV 

Oldham will bring 2000 plus 

1 minute ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Oldham will bring 2000 plus 

Hope they do make for a fantastic atmosphere .

Read they had only sold 600 out of 1500 first initial allocation on Port Vale wonder of you .

Hope your figure is right not the one on that other page .

UTV 

I think Oldham were last big in our season in 52/53.  We won 1-0 at Boundary Park, lost 3-0 at home in the Cup, and drew 0-0 at home over Easter. Oldham finished top we were 2nd and had to wait a year for promotion and cup glory. Gates in order were 21,407, 25,398, and 24,499 an improvement on our average of 14/15k. Times were different then, admission  7.5p in decimal, but  hard nowadays.

Advert:

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Some of these people on Facebook make stuff up and talk twaddle 

Screenshot_20220407-095415_Chrome.jpg

Yeah they took over 1000 to Stevenage last weekend, four times further than our ground. We need to pack the park and drown them out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Not on about the  folk who go like myself(I have a season ticket too ) when they can on about the folk who come out if we have Arsenal at home in Cup etc or Man City Away we take  massive amounts there .

Where are they for run of the mill league games we have won 6 out of 7 should be 10 thousand there every week now , not exactly dear is it 20 quid for a adult Mon to Fri in most areas of the ground .

Just find it a bit frustrating that folk would rather watch a team who achieve nothing (players on ten times our players wages at other local club in fact one of there players earns probably more than our squad ) when a canny person like D Flitcroft along with D Clarke and C Shanahan has put together a terrific in it all together squad yet I'm.reading that only 6400 home fans going turn up out of a crowd of 7000 in a massive game at Vale Park one of 6 defining ones .

This post is for the fans who only turn up at them games and finals etc .

Get to the game UTV 

I get you breadwinner, but I wonder how many of those stay away fans read this forum 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

I get you breadwinner, but I wonder how many of those stay away fans read this forum 

I'm surprised Vale haven't looked at Saturday as an opportunity to pack the park, reduce ticket prices to get more heads in, like the Burton game. Especially as Oldham have sold so many. Maybe they will do it for the Rovers game on BHM. Maybe they have crunched the numbers and felt the lost revenue in cutting the ticket prices isn't worth it if it doesn't bring in enough heads but surely that isn't the case.

32 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I'm surprised Vale haven't looked at Saturday as an opportunity to pack the park, reduce ticket prices to get more heads in, like the Burton game. Especially as Oldham have sold so many. Maybe they will do it for the Rovers game on BHM. Maybe they have crunched the numbers and felt the lost revenue in cutting the ticket prices isn't worth it if it doesn't bring in enough heads but surely that isn't the case.

I think this has to be agreed with the EFL and the away team before you reduce ticket prices

Advert:

29 minutes ago, Port Vale Paul said:

I think this has to be agreed with the EFL and the away team before you reduce ticket prices

Yes the Salford deal recently v Crawley was taken up by their fans and the 68 contingent of Crawley.

Goodness knows what the gate would of been if it wasn't a fiver to get in !!! 

• Haha 1