Match Thread: Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

7 minutes ago, DazFred said:

The commitment of this squad and backroom staff is incredible.

No primadonnas. Asking a 20 year old loan forward to play WB and he creates the 2nd goal.

Asking a player who had his best game of the season,to swop sides and play on his weaker side.

A player pops up with his first goal of the season. And what a goal!

All positives from me.

One game at a time

If ever a post summed things us then you've nailed it. 

All in it together , no strikers , no manager etc etc . SUPERB 

• Like 4

Advert:

Just now, darren1810 said:

If ever a post summed things us then you've nailed it. 

All in it together , no strikers , no manager etc etc . SUPERB 

I thank you.

We share the same first same name too!

I didn't want to trawl through some negative comments so I posted from the heart.

The players,management,fans and everyone connected to the club, are dragging us nearer to the finish line

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can I please add now. Might come across as negative so I apologise in advance. 

What this squad, club , staff have achieved is fantastic.  The trials and tribulations we have endured is incredible. 

If we do come up short (I did apologise for being negative, ) then we have still achieved beyond belief 

As someone who likes a dabble I'd now be in the Seychelles in June had Proctor and Wilson been fit all season. 

Whatever happens now I'm proud as punch , an unbelievable coming together by the club and fans .

• Like 8

There were some shattered players at the end of that game, but credit they dug in and kept going. Magnificent effort by the whole club to get us within a sniff of promotion. We have to get more vocal on Easter Monday and lift the players to the next level, given Bristol fans will be well vocal.

• Like 7

Just now, darren1810 said:

Can I please add now. Might come across as negative so I apologise in advance. 

What this squad, club , staff have achieved is fantastic.  The trials and tribulations we have endured is incredible. 

If we do come up short (I did apologise for being negative, ) then we have still achieved beyond belief 

As someone who likes a dabble I'd now be in the Seychelles in June had Proctor and Wilson been fit all season. 

Whatever happens now I'm proud as punch , an unbelievable coming together by the club and fans .

And absolutely brilliant to watch. Commitment, energy, quality goals (second was a brilliant move), tension and players leaving their egos aside for the team.

• Like 2

Advert:

Posted (edited)

That was well worth the 360 mile round trip. Thought we started very well, deservedly got a goal, gifted them one back, responded well and then repeated the gift trick. Superb strike from Walker to win it.

Credit to Oldham - they threw everything at us in that final 10-15 minutes and they brought a decent following who made a bit of noise in the first half.

Edited by saintvaliant
  • Like 5

That was the most entertaining game of football I've seen at Vale for a very long time.
Incredibly open, both teams going at it like hammer and tongues, trading blows, forcing mistakes.
All done in what I think is the right spirit.
Open, honest endeavour.
Fantastic atmosphere created because of the entertainment on offer.
Good clean fun 😁
Certainly makes me want to go again!
Congratulations to every single player on the pitch.

• Like 7

Advert:

Open game, good following from Oldham and I feel we had the rub of the green with the ref who on another day might have sent off Garrity.

Benning was my man of the match and the result was payback for Boundry Park.

Rest up and off to Hartlepool.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

Folks couldn’t hear anything on the PA system in the RP, who was awarded MOTM.?

1 hour ago, arthurdog said:

Proctor

The tannoy in the railway is shocking now ,is it ever since they tried sort it out for the bycars, penny arcade before kick off used get the crowd going ,today could hardly here it, my only moan of anotherwise great day 

• Like 1

This is what it's like when you're at the sharp end of the season with something to play for. It's so long since we've had experience of it we've forgotten what it's like.

Let's just experience the ride. You never know, we might just enjoy it.

• Like 5

Advert:

Posted (edited)

I thought Benning was poor defensively today, allowed too many crosses to come in. That’s one of the basics of his job. Amazing how one footed left footers are when they get switched the right, compare this to gibbos performances on both sides. 

Edited by PV1973

Thought we played really well for the first half today. Uncharacteristically poor defensively though. Second half we got the winner then let them come at us. Our midfield got overrun today in my opinion. That said, we stood up well, and nicked the 3 points, which was payback for the 3 they pinched off us at their place.

Thought Proctor Wilson Walker and Benning were the stars of the first half, whilst in the second it was Smith and Martin. That said, Smith was absolutely woeful again on the ball today, worst I've ever seen him.

Special shout out to Edmondson. What a cross that was for our second. Reminded me of how Guppy used to swing it in at pace and low. For a striker to do a job at RWB when needed shows just how together and willing this squad is

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

A MASSIVE MASSIVE shout out to Ryan Edmondson.

A 30 min sub appearance where he played out of position, set up a goal, worked his canastas off, didn’t moan, and didn’t grumble when he was subbed to allow Hussey to come on.

Huge thanks and a great attitude!

Deserved shout out for young Ryan - even i could have scored from that inch perfect cross! 

• Like 3