Match Thread: Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

Just seen Garrity’s tackle again, very lucky man not to be sent off. But, the video does not show the tackle by No 6 just before which should have been a foul to Vale.
For information it’s on Oldham’s fan’s forum.

• Like 1

Advert:

Its a bloody brilliant being a vale fan atm. What a win. finally seem to have the ball falling in our favour which couldn't say for the whole season. The boys dug in so deep to get them 3 points. The character of them is immense. And genuinely couldnt be prouder.

• Like 1

Last games of the season 

Exeter v Vale

Mansfield v FGR

Potential to be an epic finish  if the places are the same and FGR slip up a couple more times to be closer to us and Exeter. They seem to be having the type of wobble we experienced in our last promotion.

Advert:

1 minute ago, MBE said:

Last games of the season 

Exeter v Vale

Mansfield v FGR

Potential to be an epic finish  if the places are the same and FGR slip up a couple more times to be closer to us and Exeter. They seem to be having the type of wobble we experienced in our last promotion.

11 points from the last 5 games for Forest Green but seems like they are faltering, shame that Exeter scored that last minute goal, would have been nice to have been second.

• Like 3

Just seen the Garrity challenge clip on Oldham forum, barely a booking, ridiculous shout for red. Now then, Stone was definitely out of his area for his booking and that was a lucky one.

If oldham do go down, (I think they’re too good) at least they’ll go down swinging, I’d love Stevenage to go instead. 
could have done wi5hout Exeter’s late winner as dropping points there would have brought them into the third place equation.

These so called easy games are anything but. I’m hoping we can squeeze another couple of wins out of Monkey Hangers and Smallsall having had a really good rest this week and some anabolic steroids for Wozzer. Then we’ll be going into the final three with the potential to get away with draws as it means teams near us dropping points as well.

• Like 1

Advert:

The commitment of this squad and backroom staff is incredible.

No primadonnas. Asking a 20 year old loan forward to play WB and he creates the 2nd goal.

Asking a player who had his best game of the season,to swop sides and play on his weaker side.

A player pops up with his first goal of the season. And what a goal!

All positives from me.

One game at a time

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Advert:

51 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

For some reason, this morning I recalled the 3-2 home win v Oldham towards the end of the 96/97 play-off attempt season in the Championship (as it is now) - think Tony Naylor scored 2 absolute wonder goals. Turns out it was 25 years ago this weekend.

Never thought that today would produce the same scoreline!

(......hopefully that's where history stops repeating itself as we didn't win again, including losing at the Shitoria Ground and then missed out on the play-offs!)

I said the same to my lad yesterday