onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

Fosse69

Advert

14 minutes ago, philmpv said:
21 minutes ago, dono said:
Has anybody seen oldhams games to play. They can have a huge affect on the teams in the top ten. Hope they win every game they have got left

If they play like they did against us then they have every chance of doing that

I would hope they stay up for their fans sake, despite the problems at the club. It would be shocking for them as founder members of the Premier League in the 90s

15 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

Osh im a bit confused - are you saying you will be able to play or not? 🤣😁👍👍👍

speedy recovery mucka 👍

I'll just get me boots out the shed and give a polish m8 😨

15 hours ago, MBE said:

Thought we played really well 1st half but just made a lot of individual errors at the back. Game should have been out of sight.

Fantastic goal from Walker and defended well 2nd half but I thought a lot of the lads looked quite leggy even Garrity and Charley. 

3 points us all that matters and a little bit of a cushion now to the teams below us accept Mansfield. Good day all round for the club with money in the till from a very good crowd.

5 more nail bitters  to come.

We were our own worst enemies in the first half but fair play to Oldham who took advantage of our weakness to defend at the far post.Wonderful winning goal from Walker and JP's game management with the ball boys.

Getting the three points is all that matters.

We were our own worst enemies in the first half but fair play to Oldham who took advantage of our weakness to defend at the far post.Wonderful winning goal from Walker and JP's game management with the ball boys.
Thought we were OK in the first half

1 hour ago, Mario said:
2 hours ago, For Us All said:

Thought we were OK in the first half

We were,started off great but defensively I though we were poor at defending crosses on the far post.

36 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

And stopping the crosses coming in. 

I thought AC took positive action by bringing Hussy on for Edmondson. At the time their No.7 was causing all sorts of trouble down our left. As soon as Hussy came on the same player barely got a cross in.

When they put Piergianni up front though it did cause us issues as it did in the reverse fixture. I’m glad to see the back of Oldham as they’ve caused us more problems than most teams including FGR!!! 

15 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Great result today. What a massive weekend to come. If we can get a win at Hartlepool and then even a draw against either Brizzle or Warsaw, then we could be going into the live TV game knowing a win will take us up. 

I still think Mansfield have a slightly easier run in but without doubt better to have points in the bag vs games in hand.

Not sure about Mansfield having an easier run in:

Sutton (H) - Sutton need points for playoff push

Carlisle (A) - Carlisle have beaten Northampton and Bristol Rovers in recent weeks, got a point against Tranmere and nearly got one against Exeter

Crawley (H) - looks the easiest of their fixtures

Stevenage (H) - we saw yesterday how a side fighting for their lives can make a game very tough

Salford (A) - Salford likely to need points for playoffs

Foresr Green (H) - possible that FGR might need something for the title. Even if they don’t they’ve been a tough side to beat all season so it would be hoped they won’t just down tools

If they win 5 or all 6 you would have to take your hat off to them. Equally the only thing the lads can control is our own results - as we did yesterday we just need to find the way to win our own games.

2 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

Not sure about Mansfield having an easier run in:

Sutton (H) - Sutton need points for playoff push

Carlisle (A) - Carlisle have beaten Northampton and Bristol Rovers in recent weeks, got a point against Tranmere and nearly got one against Exeter

Crawley (H) - looks the easiest of their fixtures

Stevenage (H) - we saw yesterday how a side fighting for their lives can make a game very tough

Salford (A) - Salford likely to need points for playoffs

Foresr Green (H) - possible that FGR might need something for the title. Even if they don’t they’ve been a tough side to beat all season so it would be hoped they won’t just down tools

If they win 5 or all 6 you would have to take your hat off to them. Equally the only thing the lads can control is our own results - as we did yesterday we just need to find the way to win our own games.

Bang on. Someone’s going to drop points along the way, it could easily be them as well as us, but they haven’t got that easy a run in. However if we also keep winning then it’s in our hands and we go up automatically. 

43 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

I thought AC took positive action by bringing Hussy on for Edmondson. At the time their No.7 was causing all sorts of trouble down our left. As soon as Hussy came on the same player barely got a cross in.

When they put Piergianni up front though it did cause us issues as it did in the reverse fixture. I’m glad to see the back of Oldham as they’ve caused us more problems than most teams including FGR!!! 

Totally agree. One of bennings big problems is stopping crosses and Hussey helped to shore it up on that side at least. 

17 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Great result today. What a massive weekend to come. If we can get a win at Hartlepool and then even a draw against either Brizzle or Warsaw, then we could be going into the live TV game knowing a win will take us up. 

I still think Mansfield have a slightly easier run in but without doubt better to have points in the bag vs games in hand.

All Nigel Clough does(apart from saying errr every 10 seconds) is moan about playing 7 out of 8 away games. Never mentions that they played 5 home games on the trot in December/January.

Sutton at home on Friday and FGR last match. Carlisle and Salford away and they don't travel very well.

Brizzle have Salford,then us,then FGR

Mansfield and  Brizzle have had a great run to catch up,but must be due a bad run 

Errrr

One of the real big pluses has been the form of Proctor and Wilson since they returned from injury, arguably both have been better on return especially Wilson. First ca 30 mins yesterday both were nigh on unplayable although Wilson did fade a tad later on.

When they went out injured I was concerned they'd struggle to get back to peak fitness and effectiveness but both have been superb. If both stay in this rich vein of form then a top 3 finish is highly likely.

Archived