onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

Fosse69

Advert

51 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

For some reason, this morning I recalled the 3-2 home win v Oldham towards the end of the 96/97 play-off attempt season in the Championship (as it is now) - think Tony Naylor scored 2 absolute wonder goals. Turns out it was 25 years ago this weekend.

Never thought that today would produce the same scoreline!

(......hopefully that's where history stops repeating itself as we didn't win again, including losing at the Shitoria Ground and then missed out on the play-offs!)

I said the same to my lad yesterday

7 minutes ago, DazFred said:

The commitment of this squad and backroom staff is incredible.

No primadonnas. Asking a 20 year old loan forward to play WB and he creates the 2nd goal.

Asking a player who had his best game of the season,to swop sides and play on his weaker side.

A player pops up with his first goal of the season. And what a goal!

All positives from me.

One game at a time

If ever a post summed things us then you've nailed it. 

All in it together , no strikers , no manager etc etc . SUPERB 

Just now, darren1810 said:

If ever a post summed things us then you've nailed it. 

All in it together , no strikers , no manager etc etc . SUPERB 

I thank you.

We share the same first same name too!

I didn't want to trawl through some negative comments so I posted from the heart.

The players,management,fans and everyone connected to the club, are dragging us nearer to the finish line

Can I please add now. Might come across as negative so I apologise in advance. 

What this squad, club , staff have achieved is fantastic.  The trials and tribulations we have endured is incredible. 

If we do come up short (I did apologise for being negative, ) then we have still achieved beyond belief 

As someone who likes a dabble I'd now be in the Seychelles in June had Proctor and Wilson been fit all season. 

Whatever happens now I'm proud as punch , an unbelievable coming together by the club and fans .

There were some shattered players at the end of that game, but credit they dug in and kept going. Magnificent effort by the whole club to get us within a sniff of promotion. We have to get more vocal on Easter Monday and lift the players to the next level, given Bristol fans will be well vocal.

Just now, darren1810 said:

What this squad, club , staff have achieved is fantastic.  The trials and tribulations we have endured is incredible. 

If we do come up short (I did apologise for being negative, ) then we have still achieved beyond belief 

As someone who likes a dabble I'd now be in the Seychelles in June had Proctor and Wilson been fit all season. 

Whatever happens now I'm proud as punch , an unbelievable coming together by the club and fans .

And absolutely brilliant to watch. Commitment, energy, quality goals (second was a brilliant move), tension and players leaving their egos aside for the team.

That was well worth the 360 mile round trip. Thought we started very well, deservedly got a goal, gifted them one back, responded well and then repeated the gift trick. Superb strike from Walker to win it.

Credit to Oldham - they threw everything at us in that final 10-15 minutes and they brought a decent following who made a bit of noise in the first half.

30 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Brilliant post.

My biggest fear isn’t that we don’t make it… it’s that people don’t understand what’s happened this season, that football can be a cruel mistress, and turn against the best thing that’s happened to us for years!

Whatever happens, the club, owners, management team, Pruhcess, maxtrix and the vast vast VAST majority of fans have been amazing this year. It’s a foundation we can SUSTAINABLY build on!

UTV

That was the most entertaining game of football I've seen at Vale for a very long time.
Incredibly open, both teams going at it like hammer and tongues, trading blows, forcing mistakes.
All done in what I think is the right spirit.
Open, honest endeavour.
Fantastic atmosphere created because of the entertainment on offer.
Good clean fun 😁
Certainly makes me want to go again!
Congratulations to every single player on the pitch.

Another great win. We were unbelievable first 15 minutes. Different league to Oldham, then it got squeaky!

I genuinely believe had we had a bit of luck with injuries we'd be going up as Champions. That rough period after Xmas has probably cost us the title, especially when you look at our form since Proc & Wilson came back in.

Still all to play for & I still think we can bag 2nd place. We were close today but for a last minute Exeter winner! For what its worth I think 3 wins see us up automatically especially with our superior goal difference. I think we can afford to lose 1, not that I want this to happen. Its gonna be tight!

I think we now have a fair few players running on empty, but the same will be the case for other teams after a long season. It will come down to grit & determination to get over the line & I think we've got it, in buckets.

Hartlepool - They aren't in the mix to go up or down but they have a great home record. Will be tough.

Bristol Easter Monday is our biggest game since Northampton 12/13. Another real tough game where they will be backed by a full Hamil.

Walsall - any other team in the league in their position I'd fancy us. But it's Walsall, they would love to ruin the party.

Newport- Sky TV. Christ.

Exeter away last day - Really wouldn't fancy going there needing something on the last day, although we're more than capable.

It's now between the current Top 4 for me for the 3 places. FG are couple wins away, Exeter ourselves & Mansfield... anybodys game I think.

Rest up boys, Easter is going to be MENTAL.

Archived