onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

Fosse69

And breath 

We started game like going smash ten then contrived too give 2 very poor goals away but like the great side we carried on  banging in great quality goals and spent the last 20 defending which was a hard watch but we managed see game out .

Enjoyed it another big 3 points 

Crowd excellent .

Very good see you all next home game for more of the same UTV 

Advert

17 minutes ago, rob1983 said:

Didn't play well at all but got the points. Kept giving the ball away especially garrity. Thought stone was lucky not to be sent off. Hanging on at the end but we dug in. Vale will be the death of me.

I agree, i was in line with Stone and he was way out of the box and i thought that was automatic red card.

Having been to both games v Oldham, I must say they have caused us as many problems as anyone. Piergianni is a good player at this level whilst DKD looks too good for them even though he was looking to go down at every opportunity.

I thought Proctor, Walker and Martin had good games but Garrity, Charsley and Smith were a bit leggy but that’s probably due to Tuesday’s exertions. I cannot criticise the effort of anyone, they all gave it 100%. Three more wins and we’ll be up. ⬆️ 

We certainly rode our luck for the last 20mins. We were our own worse enemy. We kept giving the ball away and inviting pressure. Garrity not at full pelt today. BUT a win is a win and that's all I care about.

Great attendance and fair play to Oldham bringing 1,5k. They made a good noise too.

14 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

I too would like them to stay up but their cheating, diving, horrid tactics of crowding the ref for every time they fell to the floor was disgraceful.

It is the modern game, all teams are like that including us, look at Benning's dive in the first half that he didn't get booked for, Stone pretending to be injured when no one near him, couple of games he has done that now but I am one happy fan tonight but wish we could get a couple of goals lead to settle my nerves.  I felt they were actually one of the better teams to visit this season, they should not be down there.  We looked leggy second half and hopefully Worrall is ok for Friday as if Gibbons is out not sure who is going to play there.

A MASSIVE MASSIVE shout out to Ryan Edmondson.

A 30 min sub appearance where he played out of position, set up a goal, worked his canastas off, didn’t moan, and didn’t grumble when he was subbed to allow Hussey to come on.

Huge thanks and a great attitude!

2 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

Having been to both games v Oldham, I must say they have caused us as many problems as anyone. Piergianni is a good player at this level whilst DKD looks too good for them even though he was looking to go down at every opportunity.

I thought Proctor, Walker and Martin had good games but Garrity, Charsley and Smith were a bit leggy but that’s probably due to Tuesday’s exertions. I cannot criticise the effort of anyone, they all gave it 100%. Three more wins and we’ll be up. ⬆️ 

I hope I am wrong but think we need 4 wins myself, I can see Mansfield winning at home to Sutton, Crawley, Stevenage and at Carlisle, then you never know against Salford and Forest Green who might have won the league and nothing play for.  I think one win and that would mean a play off assured.

41 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Just glad of the 3 points,it was closer than it should have been, their first goal we had plenty of chances to clear the ball.

second goal was never a free kick Stone didn’t handle out of his area, thought we were hanging on at the end, they didn’t look like a team in the bottom 3.

Stone did handle outside his area. I was dead level with it in the Paddock.

9 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

A MASSIVE MASSIVE shout out to Ryan Edmondson.

A 30 min sub appearance where he played out of position, set up a goal, worked his canastas off, didn’t moan, and didn’t grumble when he was subbed to allow Hussey to come on.

Huge thanks and a great attitude!

Very true and very professional. Set up excellent second goal. Got several hugs and fives from other players and staff at the end. All in it together.

I've found myself saying this a lot this season, but that was a game I've seen us lose a lot of over the years.

It was very unconvincing from us at times I thought and that let them worry us.  They just kept giving it to their 7 who kept putting decent balls into our box all afternoon and it worried us.  I'd have played it exactly how they did.

But that win today, Tuesday at Salford where a draw would have been sound, the last minute winner v barrow.  They are things that all fall into place when you're going up!

The forms daft, unsustainable really at 25 from 27, but i do think if we can stay unbeaten until after Walsall and win one of those three games then we'll be there.

8 minutes ago, Gooders said:

Stone did handle outside his area. I was dead level with it in the Paddock.

Had many chances to clear the ball for their first goal and Stone should have put the ball at the back of Lorne st for their second . Both goals could have been avoided with a size 12 hoof behind the ball

Archived