onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

Fosse69

Advert

Some folk seem this will be 3-1, 3-0, 4-1, 4-0 etc. I’ll be ecstatic with a 1-0 win as I think this will be a very hard game. Oldham have their talisman back - Piergianni - and he always has a good game against us. They lost 6 straight games without him which illustrates his importance to their defence. They also have a player in Keillor-Dunn who’s scored more goals this season than any Vale player. 
This will be tough and we will need to be bang at it to take the three points. I just hope the players aren’t as complacent as some of our fans. UTV.

1 hour ago, jeffers said:

Just for interest these are this season’s average attendances. No wonder Bradford can afford Sparky and no surprise at the bottom.

Bradford City

2 Swindon Town 9,194
3 Bristol Rovers 7,185
4 Tranmere Rovers 6,828
5 Port Vale 5,606
6 Northampton Town 5,247
7 Hartlepool United 5,191
8 Mansfield Town 4,994
9 Leyton Orient 4,973
10 Oldham Athletic 4,899
11 Carlisle United 4,895
12 Exeter City 4,826
13 Walsall 4,775
14 Newport County 4,130
15 Barrow 3,147
16 Sutton United 3,017
17 Stevenage 2,855
18 Rochdale 2,850
19 Colchester United 2,759
20 Scunthorpe United 2,665
21 Forest Green Rovers 2,597
22 Harrogate Town 2,240
23 Crawley Town 2,233
24 Salford City 2,074

Biggest suprise for me in that list is Exeter. I don't know why but i always thought they had bigger crowds.

Maybe it's cause the last game i went one of their stands was being rebuilt so other seats looked busy and their terrace behind the goal is huge

23 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

Some folk seem this will be 3-1, 3-0, 4-1, 4-0 etc. I’ll be ecstatic with a 1-0 win as I think this will be a very hard game. Oldham have their talisman back - Piergianni - and he always has a good game against us. They lost 6 straight games without him which illustrates his importance to their defence. They also have a player in Keillor-Dunn who’s scored more goals this season than any Vale player. 
This will be tough and we will need to be bang at it to take the three points. I just hope the players aren’t as complacent as some of our fans. UTV.

Confidence in what we are witnessing however you are right nothing be complacent about we have to earn the right win the game it will certainly not be easy however with intensity shown by crowd and players who knows theres no reason why we cannot .

Belief has being created by players so they have to see it through now its up to us encourage and help them on there way .

Just got here parked up dropped lad and nephew (he is 18 today )at the clayhanger and I'm going for a walk to relax before joining them for a quick pint at 2 as in work tonight .

The players and owners have created the crowd today along with magnificent DC and all his staff .

I'll be proud as punch if over 9k there I hope that's the case .

UTV 

Judging by the lads arriving at the station, their fans are fairly up for this, hope we all are too!

Proper mix of excitement and trepidation for me. The experienced Vale fan in me says classic let-down 1-1 (a la Bradford), but the born-again Valiant who has absolute faith in this squad and management says big step towards promotion and 3-1. 

Either way, let's have it! UTV!

Just for interest these are this season’s average attendances. No wonder Bradford can afford Sparky and no surprise at the bottom.

Bradford City

2 Swindon Town 9,194
3 Bristol Rovers 7,185
4 Tranmere Rovers 6,828
5 Port Vale 5,606
6 Northampton Town 5,247
7 Hartlepool United 5,191
8 Mansfield Town 4,994
9 Leyton Orient 4,973
10 Oldham Athletic 4,899
11 Carlisle United 4,895
12 Exeter City 4,826
13 Walsall 4,775
14 Newport County 4,130
15 Barrow 3,147
16 Sutton United 3,017
17 Stevenage 2,855
18 Rochdale 2,850
19 Colchester United 2,759
20 Scunthorpe United 2,665
21 Forest Green Rovers 2,597
22 Harrogate Town 2,240
23 Crawley Town 2,233
24 Salford City 2,074

Bradford charge half the cost we do for a season ticket so probably don’t financially make massively more hence their relatively mediocre signings like Theo Robinson!

Gutted to be missing this one due to a family event. Got the feel of Burton about it. I think it’s going to be a very scrappy, attritional game as they always tend to be against Sheridan’s sides. I have no which way this will go. Historically, a big crowd and against a team of scrappers / kickers had meant we get dragged down to their level and invariably lose. However we seem to have a bit more about us at the moment. Hope we can keep our discipline as they are bound to try every trick in the book in terms of winning freekicks, yellows, reds etc. Gooooooarrn the Vale.

26 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Gutted to be missing this one due to a family event. Got the feel of Burton about it. I think it’s going to be a very scrappy, attritional game as they always tend to be against Sheridan’s sides. I have no which way this will go. Historically, a big crowd and against a team of scrappers / kickers had meant we get dragged down to their level and invariably lose. However we seem to have a bit more about us at the moment. Hope we can keep our discipline as they are bound to try every trick in the book in terms of winning freekicks, yellows, reds etc. Gooooooarrn the Vale.

Keep the faith!

Archived