onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

Fosse69

Advert

7 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

Should correct this as misread it a little but they have actually said there is a handful (their words) remaining in the Railway Stand. Either way its looking good.

No Railway stand tickets available to walk up customers. You can still get one on tinterner for another few hours.

Same as the Bradford game where people were then buying in the paddock and jumping up over the wall.

It's to do with safety certificate numbers.

Absolutely buzzing for this one. Historically, this would have invariably meant an absolute dog dirt performance and a defeat. But this squad, I believe, is world's apart from anything we've had for at least a decade. Every player seems to have an uber professional approach to their career (no more going drinking if you don't think you're going to be selected in the first 11, or just trying your best). Also, every one has the actual ability to affect games in a positive way. If we don't go up this season, it will be an absolute travesty. If we do, then it will be against all the odds given the barriers that would have broken most teams (DC, horrendous injuries, all strikers out long term etc). The recruitment has been fantastic. Long live the scumbag, DC, and AC!

13 hours ago, ClntonBoulton said:

Jammy bugger......2005 Colchester away at the old Layer Road was my last live game.....been working around the world since then. I have had an iFollow season pass since they started though, which has eased the pain!

Similarly myself have found IFollow to be fantastic over the years, albeit just as nerve wracking watching it on TV as it is live😀. I've retired now but am still living abroad but have flown back in this week and will be going to the game today, cant wait....................................................

39 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Absolutely buzzing for this one. Historically, this would have invariably meant an absolute dog dirt performance and a defeat. But this squad, I believe, is world's apart from anything we've had for at least a decade. Every player seems to have an uber professional approach to their career (no more going drinking if you don't think you're going to be selected in the first 11, or just trying your best). Also, every one has the actual ability to affect games in a positive way. If we don't go up this season, it will be an absolute travesty. If we do, then it will be against all the odds given the barriers that would have broken most teams (DC, horrendous injuries, all strikers out long term etc). The recruitment has been fantastic. Long live the scumbag, DC, and AC!

Top post, in the past if we’ve been on a decent run it would’ve been a ‘typical Vale, get a big crowd and then flop’ sort of expectation but I don’t actually think that will happen. We might not win today but whichever way we’re definitely onto something.

On a one off game, this side beats the previous promotion team for me, a striker in his absolute prime, a very good winger in JMW and possibly the goalkeeper aside, the current team is better in every other department IMO. We had some really good players for a time in L1; Grant, M O’Connor, Alnwick, Foley, Lines, but they never felt like our own somehow… Whereas to me it feels as if guys like Pett or Garrity have played for us for years?? Best bunch for a very long time. 

3 minutes ago, southernsausage said:

Top post, in the past if we’ve been on a decent run it would’ve been a ‘typical Vale, get a big crowd and then flop’ sort of expectation but I don’t actually think that will happen. We might not win today but whichever way we’re definitely onto something.

On a one off game, this side beats the previous promotion team for me, a striker in his absolute prime, a very good winger in JMW and possibly the goalkeeper aside, the current team is better in every department IMO. We had some really good players for a time in L1; Grant, M O’Connor, Alnwick, Foley, Lines, but they never felt like our own somehow… Whereas to me it feels as if guys like Pett or Garrity have played for us for years?? Best bunch for a very long time. 

Absolutely. There is now an honest camaraderie evident throughout the whole Club and it is showing in the squad performances.

We can now believe that anyone can step in and do a job.

From The Management, players and fans there is a belief that this is a time to be a Vale fan.

As has been said previously, if we don't make it this season(God forbid!) then we surely are on the right track in every single aspect of the Club to see Vale rise from the ashes and almost certain death to a future of optimism and success.

Well done to everyone who have Vale in their hearts, this has been a crazy but very pleasing one so now let's get out there and cement our promotion place. VTID. 

I'm looking froward to today's game more years than I can remember. We haven't had a team & manager I was confident would achieve success since Rob Page left. And I cant recall ever feeling as confident in the stewardship of the club, even during the early/mid 1990's when we were at our most successful. The management and atmosphere around our club at the moment would be the envy of many fans in the football league. Cherish it!  Oldham will not be a pushover today and after recent wins will be more confident. I anticipate 3-1 for Vale though. UTV!

There are so many games where the top teams are playing each other (including us)in the coming weeks that makes me think that 10pts will get us up.I’d love it if we clinched it at Warsaw for a few reasons.3 pts today will do nicely.UTV.

For what seems like the last 20 years I have attended the Vales games with what seems like a 'disconnect'. I don't think i even enjoyed going, but literally went as im a "Vale fan" - bizarre really. The last promotion seemed hollow and nothing compared to the previous two I witnessed.

This season has changed it all.......🙂

For me its the best squad and staff since the Rudge era. We have fantastic owners and I couldn't be prouder to be a Vale fan.

Its feels so good - I just want to be around the place, getting to the ground early, spending money in the club shop, having beers, soaking up the feel good factor that is now with the fans.

The club has changed immensely and regardless of what happens today we have our club back and we can be proud of it going forward. Its the little touches of professionalism, the signage, the pre match music, the fan zone, the quality of items available in the club shop etc etc

If we do go up this season it will go down as one of the most memorable in my opinion, especially considering our recent history and also the circumstances that have affected the squad this year

Its my lads first year as a ST holder and I keep reminding him how lucky he is!

Lets all have a great day and a great end to the season - up the Vale !!!!

Just for interest these are this season’s average attendances. No wonder Bradford can afford Sparky and no surprise at the bottom.

Bradford City

2 Swindon Town 9,194
3 Bristol Rovers 7,185
4 Tranmere Rovers 6,828
5 Port Vale 5,606
6 Northampton Town 5,247
7 Hartlepool United 5,191
8 Mansfield Town 4,994
9 Leyton Orient 4,973
10 Oldham Athletic 4,899
11 Carlisle United 4,895
12 Exeter City 4,826