onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

Fosse69

1 hour ago, Walka003 said:
1 hour ago, FeedThePope9 said:
Lorne Street pretty much sold out. Only about 20 odd seats left according to the Port Vale ticket website. 
Let's get behind the lads and pack the park!!!
UTV

I got mine for the paddock online today. Hell of a lot of seat taken in my usual zone

How many away fans?

Advert

Just now, Walka003 said:
2 minutes ago, Raveninblack said:
How many away fans?

No idea, i think their twitter account saif they'd sold 1,000

1000 is pretty decent for a club near the bottom end of League 2 but having said that, Oldham always had a good following.

It's about time we had a good away crowd at VP as anything above 200 would beat the recent figures we've had!

Huge game! No doubt it’s a potential banana skin but full faith in the lads. Season ticket holder but unfortunately (well not really unfortunate) I’m flying to Jamaica on Saturday so missing two games. Won’t know the score until I land! Come on boys keep it going. I’m looking at Bristol or Newport as being huge games which could seal it for us

3 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Big difference between this and the away game was in that one we had Amoo and Rodney up front. We still outplayed them mind.

Both of them were involved in the goals and if I remember rightly Gibbo had a worldie that day too. Whilst Legge had a mare when he came on. 

2 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Both of them were involved in the goals and if I remember rightly Gibbo had a worldie that day too. Whilst Legge had a mare when he came on. 

We were so great for large parts of that game. Never felt so optimistic about our team after leaving a game we'd lost. Gibbo was incredible.

23 hours ago, KidsgroveVALE said:

Much as people love the club, not everyone can make every match as you should know. That is not an excuse but a fact.

I have a full season ticket, not a 10 game one but usually miss one or two during a season, not by choice but usually work commitments.

I'm sure after the season we've had people who can attend will attend and don't need constant reminding.

VTID

Agreed......I can only travel over for one of two games in the near future and have plumped for the GAS......☺️

I really don't get this obsession with calling our own fans out for not 'packing the park'. I think it's great to get as many people to go to games as possible but I think vale fans are some of the most loyal in the league. 

Just bought tickets for me and my lad in the Bycars.

I've posted before saying we had stayed away since the relegation season and decided to go the first 2 home games of the season,both 0-0.

Couldn't go to the Rochdale game but we went against Harrogate. It just felt better all round. Since then we've seen another 6 wins and our own personal record in the league is W7 D6 L1.

I've totally bought in to the 1 game at a time mantra. It won't be won or lost tomorrow and we're in a great position. I'm confident that the calmness of Andy Crosby steering the ship has been hugely influential. I'd rather have him in charge than horrid Joey Barton or moaning Nigel Clough The players are trying their best and the fans create a great atmosphere, especially at the last 3 home games.

Hopefully we'll be quick out of the blocks tomorrow,get the crowd involved and I'm sure the players will do their bit.

All positives from me...hope the kids who came to the last home game can come back...maybe to see another Proctor special!

2 hours ago, Emile said:

I really don't get this obsession with calling our own fans out for not 'packing the park'. I think it's great to get as many people to go to games as possible but I think vale fans are some of the most loyal in the league. 

Don't worry it's breadwinner /Alsager valiant, he is a bit of a hypocrite as he was the one a few years ago saying he couldn't be bothered to.go as he was away with his girlfriend most weekends or was working. Which I get but don't slate others who maybe can't afford or have other things to do. 

2 hours ago, Emile said:

I agree. I can't imagine it helps fans who are ill, having money issues or have other pressing commitments to be wrongly called "disloyal" supporters on top of all their other problems.

I am sure:

a) Vale fans need no reminders of just how important this and the remaining games are

b) Vale fans love the club and will come if they can - but sometimes people can't - there are some things in life that are more important than attending a football match

Guest Vale at home
23 minutes ago, robf said:

I agree. I can't imagine it helps fans who are ill, having money issues or have other pressing commitments to be wrongly called "disloyal" supporters on top of all their other problems.

I am sure:

a) Vale fans need no reminders of just how important this and the remaining games are

b) Vale fans love the club and will come if they can - but sometimes people can't - there are some things in life that are more important than attending a football match

Well said . I do agree . 

Archived