onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

Fosse69

3 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Not on about the  folk who go like myself(I have a season ticket too ) when they can on about the folk who come out if we have Arsenal at home in Cup etc or Man City Away we take  massive amounts there .

Where are they for run of the mill league games we have won 6 out of 7 should be 10 thousand there every week now , not exactly dear is it 20 quid for a adult Mon to Fri in most areas of the ground .

Just find it a bit frustrating that folk would rather watch a team who achieve nothing (players on ten times our players wages at other local club in fact one of there players earns probably more than our squad ) when a canny person like D Flitcroft along with D Clarke and C Shanahan has put together a terrific in it all together squad yet I'm.reading that only 6400 home fans going turn up out of a crowd of 7000 in a massive game at Vale Park one of 6 defining ones .

This post is for the fans who only turn up at them games and finals etc .

Get to the game UTV 

I get you breadwinner, but I wonder how many of those stay away fans read this forum 

Advert

8 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

I get you breadwinner, but I wonder how many of those stay away fans read this forum 

I'm surprised Vale haven't looked at Saturday as an opportunity to pack the park, reduce ticket prices to get more heads in, like the Burton game. Especially as Oldham have sold so many. Maybe they will do it for the Rovers game on BHM. Maybe they have crunched the numbers and felt the lost revenue in cutting the ticket prices isn't worth it if it doesn't bring in enough heads but surely that isn't the case.

32 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I'm surprised Vale haven't looked at Saturday as an opportunity to pack the park, reduce ticket prices to get more heads in, like the Burton game. Especially as Oldham have sold so many. Maybe they will do it for the Rovers game on BHM. Maybe they have crunched the numbers and felt the lost revenue in cutting the ticket prices isn't worth it if it doesn't bring in enough heads but surely that isn't the case.

I think this has to be agreed with the EFL and the away team before you reduce ticket prices

29 minutes ago, Port Vale Paul said:

I think this has to be agreed with the EFL and the away team before you reduce ticket prices

Yes the Salford deal recently v Crawley was taken up by their fans and the 68 contingent of Crawley.

Goodness knows what the gate would of been if it wasn't a fiver to get in !!! 

1 hour ago, Hoppers said:

No idea I read lots of football forums .

I'm.a bit obsessed love a good read .

Just loved it that season when Popey and the team were doing us proud and the excitement was building even more as the ground ends were selling out or selling well that would be the right description .

The whole club should be buzzing .

I believe we will beat Oldham I see INTENSITY and desire and application and I think that fuelled with large numbers of home folk turning up passionately can see us sat sitting  in a marvellous position on 72 points .

All games now for PVFC are must see folk will happily pay large amount of money go SVA well I want SVH .

UTV 

Vale have only beat Oldham at home once in the last 8 meetings at vale park. 2 of the games were embarrassing home defeats 3 nil and 4 1 and 2 others boring nil nil draws so hopefully we will get the win this time. Last time we beat them at home jack grimmer scored the winner about 7 years ago now.

Lorne Street pretty much sold out. Only about 20 odd seats left according to the Port Vale ticket website. 
Let's get behind the lads and pack the park!!!
UTV
I got mine for the paddock online today. Hell of a lot of seat taken in my usual zone

53 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
56 minutes ago, FeedThePope9 said:
Lorne Street pretty much sold out. Only about 20 odd seats left according to the Port Vale ticket website. 
Let's get behind the lads and pack the park!!!
UTV

I got mine for the paddock online today. Hell of a lot of seat taken in my usual zone

Great to hear. I really do hope there's a good crowd on Saturday. If the Railway is anywhere near as noisy as it was for the Sutton match, we should be in for a cracking atmosphere.

2 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Big difference between this and the away game was in that one we had Amoo and Rodney up front. We still outplayed them mind.

My mate, who is an Oldham season ticket holder thought it was going to be a cricket score second half but it wasn’t, let’s make amends tomorrow and roar them on

3 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

Vale have only beat Oldham at home once in the last 8 meetings at vale park. 2 of the games were embarrassing home defeats 3 nil and 4 1 and 2 others boring nil nil draws so hopefully we will get the win this time. Last time we beat them at home jack grimmer scored the winner about 7 years ago now.

That’s the past, this is now!

Archived