Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale

Advert:

Advert:

3 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

Massive game tonight is, would snap your hand off for a draw but think we might sneak it. Im going for a smudger goal on the 72nd minute. 1:0 the vale. Oh and forest green to beat Mansfield to leave us in a clear 3rd 

Not so sure, FGR have lost Matt Stevens for the rest of the season with an ACL injury. Could be time for the yearly implode.

They have been well lucky to have kept their strikers fit until now.

Posted (edited)

Happily take a really dull 0-0 draw. 3 points plus Mansfield loosing would be the stuff of dreams tonight.

Supporting Vale it wouldn’t it be us to get a win tonight, get VP bouncing and draw at home to Oldham Satdee in front a decent crowd😂

Edited by MBE
  • Like 1

I must confess to feeling a tad apprehensive about this evening. This is going to be a difficult game and, as quite a few have commented, a draw might not be a bad outcome, especially if FGR can take the 3 points off Mansfield--COME ON YOU VALE!!

22 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

I must confess to feeling a tad apprehensive about this evening. This is going to be a difficult game and, as quite a few have commented, a draw might not be a bad outcome, especially if FGR can take the 3 points off Mansfield--COME ON YOU VALE!!

Yes would take a draw now but as folk on here has said we can’t play for the draw we’ve got to be positive and try to get on the front foot if we try and keep it tight we’ll lose 1-0 

Still maintain that Salford one of the worst sides I've seen at Vale Park all season. We weren't great on the night but still could & should have won by 2 or 3. I'd have been disappointed with a draw that night, so to lose it was a massive slap in the face.

That said, they are in great form & Smith up top is a massive player for them. He's a league 1 player & has recently played lots of games at Championship level. I think tonight will be tough & it just feels like we have a few playing through knocks at the minute & this might be a game too far...

Wozza, Proctor, Walker all doing well but I don't think any of them are 100% fit. Add that to our list of injuries & the fact we can't fill our bench... tonight looks a tough one. I'd take a draw right now although 3 points would be monumental.

Sorry to be pessimistic but I'm going for, Salford 2-1 Vale. Prove me wrong boys.

• Like 1

Advert:

I'm keeping everything crossed for this one...

I think it's going to be tough, there's definitely a number of walking wounded right now (and fair play to them for playing through it). I wonder how Walker will get on as he was barely able to finish the Barrow game? I can't imagine Taylor's ready for much more than 10-15 min off the bench at the moment so we remain really short of cover in central mid (and defence for that matter). But this is the time to dig deep.

#UTV

• Like 1

They've been very quiet on Hussey and Jones recently (which is all fair enough, I would rather we were kept in the dark if it's seen as a tactical advantage to not tell the opponents who's fit). However, I would hope one of them would be back soon to give some cover at the back.

• Like 2

Advert:

1 hour ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Yes would take a draw now but as folk on here has said we can’t play for the draw we’ve got to be positive and try to get on the front foot if we try and keep it tight we’ll lose 1-0 

I obviously don't want us to lose, but if the worst should occur, it might not be the end of the world depending upon how results go at the weekend and as long as FGR beat Mansfield tonight.

15 minutes ago, robf said:

I'm keeping everything crossed for this one...

I think it's going to be tough, there's definitely a number of walking wounded right now (and fair play to them for playing through it). I wonder how Walker will get on as he was barely able to finish the Barrow game? I can't imagine Taylor's ready for much more than 10-15 min off the bench at the moment so we remain really short of cover in central mid (and defence for that matter). But this is the time to dig deep.

#UTV

We don't have any choice or alternative other than to "dig deep" Rob, let's just hope the guys can!