Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale

There fans are crap anyway. All they ever sing is Salford Salford Salford or you have had your day out now <ovf censored> off back home. Worst support in the football league but will probably get promoted as teams with no support always get promoted from this division.

Advert:

Posted (edited)

They're so tin pot that the BBC site doesn't even have a dedicated page for their fixtures. All due respect to those who followed the team before the glory-hunters but they're just such a crappy operation.

Edited by mr.hobblesworth

They're a pathetic excuse for a club with pathetic support and a pathetic ground. Basically they probably have about 200 loyal fans and the rest just come along for something to do or if United are not playing. Just like all those before them, they'll have their day in the sun, realise their spending in comparison to their income is unsustainable and they will drop like a stone back in to the oblivion where they belong. The class of 92 are wealthy but them and their business partner have not got a bottomless pit to chuck money away.

I'm amazed they've got enough fans bothered to even create a forum. Apart from that I like them;-)

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

There fans are crap anyway. All they ever sing is Salford Salford Salford or you have had your day out now <ovf censored> off back home. Worst support in the football league but will probably get promoted as teams with no support always get promoted from this division.

Money talks I’m afraid 

Advert:

1 hour ago, Santa said:

My dislike of Salford stems from of the way the class of 92 generally treat Manchester like their own private monopoly board. They tried to tarmac over one of the nicest green spaces in the area to build their training ground, and they ripped the heart out of my old place of work so they could start their Noddy university that nobody has enrolled at and is two thirds empty.

So if that upsets a few part time United fans then, oh well.

Upset them all you want. 

Keep adding to the points tally and let's see where it takes us.

Martin was the latest one to step up and get the winner.

Look at Harratt and Edmonson at the end celebrating on Saturday

There's a real unity about this squad..I'm sure Gibbo and Jones aren't too far away and Taylor has made the last squad 

Hope the fans are noisy and we start quickly. There's no doubting the commitment and competitiveness and the never say die attitude

And we owe them for that wasted trip!

UTV

• Like 1

Christ.

Morning Ammies,

new here! new to SCFC also. 
had a soft spot for the club for a while, followed the whole 92 documentary etc etc. 
becoming more and more disinterested with the prem and so on so decided to give a bit more time and energy to Salford, I live down in the southwest (Devon) but would love to bring my lad up for a game one day! looking forward to making some new friends on here.

Cheers,
Moggy

Advert:

10 hours ago, Valiant12345678 said:

Does anybody we know how many tickets the allocation was? 

1300 altogether I believe .

Just got tonight off work would have loved go if they open a end for Vale fans pay on the night I'd consider it but not going in home end I'm too Vale do that plus to keep your mouth shut all game and politely clap if they do something ,nah not for me I wanna be  shouting for the Vale and encouraging all the lads v SCFC yes let that sink in the initials of the team we are playing .

Come on Vale .

• Like 2

Unless I miraculously come across a couple of tickets (the wife actually wants to go an away game!!!), does anyone know if any pubs in Burslem will somehow be showing the game?

7 minutes ago, Santa said:

Salford made an operating loss of £4.7 million last season

Better hope for more followings like Vale to turn it around a bit.

Advert:

Can't wait for tonight.  Already told the Mrs and our kids that i'm hogging the TV tonight!

Vale to win 2 nil.  Already stuck a tenner on with Ladbrokes 

UTV and KTF!

• Like 2

Massive game tonight is, would snap your hand off for a draw but think we might sneak it. Im going for a smudger goal on the 72nd minute. 1:0 the vale. Oh and forest green to beat Mansfield to leave us in a clear 3rd 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Massive game tonight is, would snap your hand off for a draw but think we might sneak it. Im going for a smudger goal on the 72nd minute. 1:0 the vale. Oh and forest green to beat Mansfield to leave us in a clear 3rd 

Perfect