Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale

I think we're looking at a good gate on Saturday either way (about 7,500?). I'll be adding an extra one by bringing a mate from work who's a Leicester fan and has a soft spot for Vale because of/despite the fact that the first game he ever saw at Filbert Street was against Vale, a 1-0 win for us thanks to a mishit cross from JJ!

Because we won on Saturday, tomorrow is now a must-not-lose, rather than must win game for me. Not saying we play for a draw, as we invariably get beat when we do that, but I would take a point. Of the 7 games we have left, I reckon this is about the hardest (vying with Exeter away, depending on what we need when we go there) - team in form, not far below us, Tuesday night after a long slog on Saturday - so I'd defo take a point here (then a win on Saturday to probably leave us needing 10pts from the last 5). 

UTV!

Advert:

A really fair and objective assessment I'd say.  When I posted last week with some possible mathematical permutations, I was working on around 18 points from the last 9 games. We've already garnered in 6 of those points, so a point tomorrow and average 2 points for the remaining 6 matches and we'd be on around 79 points.  Dependant upon the '6-pointer' games where top 9 teams meet each other, that points tally will hopefully be enough for one of the auto places, but it's going to be tight....and exciting!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fosse69 said:
4 hours ago, darren1810 said:
We need 26'000 from our last 3 home games to average over 6000.
Just spoke to Carol Vorderman to work it out 

Couple of 10Ks Gas and Newport?

I think we might get 7500 on Saturday, Oldham took 1000 to Stevenage.

10 distinct possibilty Good Friday and results depending the Newport gate also should be ok.

I think it's on for 26'000 in 3 games. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I think we might get 7500 on Saturday, Oldham took 1000 to Stevenage.

10 distinct possibilty Good Friday and results depending the Newport gate also should be ok.

I think it's on for 26'000 in 3 games. 

Easter Monday....😇

• Haha 1

Advert:

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Where do we stand with bookings at the moment? Any players near suspension?

Don't know the state of play but Walker seems to get booked every game . We definitely don't need him banned with Pett out for 3 weeks.

Edited by darren1810

3 hours ago, Clayts said:

I think we're looking at a good gate on Saturday either way (about 7,500?). I'll be adding an extra one by bringing a mate from work who's a Leicester fan and has a soft spot for Vale because of/despite the fact that the first game he ever saw at Filbert Street was against Vale, a 1-0 win for us thanks to a mishit cross from JJ!

Because we won on Saturday, tomorrow is now a must-not-lose, rather than must win game for me. Not saying we play for a draw, as we invariably get beat when we do that, but I would take a point. Of the 7 games we have left, I reckon this is about the hardest (vying with Exeter away, depending on what we need when we go there) - team in form, not far below us, Tuesday night after a long slog on Saturday - so I'd defo take a point here (then a win on Saturday to probably leave us needing 10pts from the last 5). 

UTV!

It felt on Saturday after a week off that Vale were a bit slow and things weren't clicking. Having too many Saturday/Tuesday games can be damaging but I wonder if thats why it was such a bad first half on Saturday? Looked a different team in the second half and maybe their bodies had been conditioned to play on a 3 day/4 day rota and the week off had an impact?

Posted (edited)

If Garrity is back , Vale will be a different side to the one on Saturday , especially in the first half. He brings a huge amount of energy , vision and no little skill to the team. It wouldn’t surprise me to see him score on Tuesday , in a fixture that has me losing sleep already . Vale need to get stuck in right away , and we can win this. 2-1 Vale . 

Edited by Houston Valiant

Advert:

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, glenpvfc said:

Just had a look on their forum and you lot have managed to upset all 3 of them by saying we are a bigger club

Poor form

They are  the richer club .

Really quite irrelevant how many folk are at the ground and support there lot our lot need turn up and make real noise encouraging like crazy 🤪

Theres a lot of bearing on this game .

We have 66 39 games played they have 62 39 played and beat Scunthorpe 5-1 Walsall 2-1 and Crawley 2-1  last 3 home games the second goal they scored on sat Lowe was a howitzer.

We need be bang up for it as a win will put a fair few on Saturdays gate v Oldham a draw also would be acceptable .

A defeat I do not want to envisage that.

Big game big hearts big noise required .

All this bigger club is nonsense win the game prove we are a hungry club who wants it more than them 

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner

Advert:

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Don't know the state of play but Walker seems to get booked every game . We definitely don't need him banned with Pett out for 3 weeks.

37 games is the deadline for 10 bookings so we will be OK. 

• Thanks 4

30 minutes ago, glenpvfc said:

Just had a look on their forum and you lot have managed to upset all 3 of them by saying we are a bigger club

Poor form

Our following tomorrow will be bigger than their last home attendance!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, glenpvfc said:

Poor form

My dislike of Salford stems from of the way the class of 92 generally treat Manchester like their own private monopoly board. They tried to tarmac over one of the nicest green spaces in the area to build their training ground, and they ripped the heart out of my old place of work so they could start their Noddy university that nobody has enrolled at and is two thirds empty.

So if that upsets a few part time United fans then, oh well.

• Like 8