Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale

Advert:

43 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Oh right didn't watch first 60 mins ,last 30 apart from one free kick in where it was begging to be headed in from them and some player who was offside swiped at a volley didn't look a threat at all .

Have to be careful not give needless free kicks away v Salford keep it in there half all game and if possible play Walker back there his height will be instrumental in Tuesdays game I'd let him have Smith but its other player who Hall can have that Asante  who is decent .

We should be highly pumped that's for sure and if play anything like we can we will score for defo just got keep back door closed .

UTV 

UTV 

You watch the best but then😁

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

You would think they could move there fans  into two sides of stadium and give Vale the other ,another load of folk  on Wonder of Port Vale wanting tickets .

If your getting gates 1500 max you would be foolish not too .

Not that we are massive but all our support comes out if what folk are seeing is very good which in fairness the players have being for 39 games .

7 games more to increase standards even more so

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Like 1

Advert:

4 minutes ago, sheffield61 said:

5,606  for the Vale and with surely massive Oldham and the Gas away followings on their way we will surely TOP 6,000 by the seasons end......🤗

5606 vale 2550 Oldham official attendance 6520 lol

12 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

You would think they could move there fans  into two sides of stadium and give Vale the other

Isn’t possible due to the layout of the ground. 

Looking at their highlights from Tuesday I wondered how they got away with naming so many subs on the bench, but it turned out it was the fans area.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Advert:

2 hours ago, sheffield61 said:

5,606  for the Vale and with surely massive Oldham and the Gas away followings on their way we will surely TOP 6,000 by the seasons end......🤗

We need 26'000 from our last 3 home games to average over 6000.

Just spoke to Carol Vorderman to work it out 

• Like 1

My memory isn't as good as it used to be but I'm pretty sure the home game against these was Hall's first home game and he smashed into the post and had to be subbed off and Martin come on.

I think we had a back 3 of Smith, Hall and Walker starting that game and there was no Proctor and Hussey started, so our side will look a little different and stronger than January if Garrity starts too.

The first half against Barrow was pretty bad, made them look good. We just kept giving the ball away. We seem to struggle at times to play across the floor and our default is hoof it up. I suspect it's because we have a team of 6ft+ players in most positions but we were just giving them the ball back unnecessarily. 

James Wilson, wow. I posted the video of the second goal on Twitter. What impressed me the most wasn't the shift and move he does on the by-line, it was racing back in the 89th minute to win the ball and then screams at Charsley where to pass it. Nobody can deny the guy has massively improved his fitness this season. The first half he could barely play more than an hour, 

We've struggled against teams that sit in, Exeter being a good example (even though their backline was very good). We don't have the creativity to unlock defences that just sit back. We play much better when teams are going for the win too. Salford I think will go for it, they need the 3 points to stay with the play off pack, a point won't be enough with games running out. 

I wonder where we sit in the table of teams that have come from behind and won this season? We've done it three times in about the last month. A massive sign of unity and fight in this team and it's great to see a Vale team that doesn't know when it's beaten.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Rocky said:

My memory isn't as good as it used to be but I'm pretty sure the home game against these was Hall's first home game and he smashed into the post and had to be subbed off and Martin come on.

I think we had a back 3 of Smith, Hall and Walker starting that game and there was no Proctor and Hussey started, so our side will look a little different and stronger than January if Garrity starts too.

The first half against Barrow was pretty bad, made them look good. We just kept giving the ball away. We seem to struggle at times to play across the floor and our default is hoof it up. I suspect it's because we have a team of 6ft+ players in most positions but we were just giving them the ball back unnecessarily. 

James Wilson, wow. I posted the video of the second goal on Twitter. What impressed me the most wasn't the shift and move he does on the by-line, it was racing back in the 89th minute to win the ball and then screams at Charsley where to pass it. Nobody can deny the guy has massively improved his fitness this season. The first half he could barely play more than an hour, 

We've struggled against teams that sit in, Exeter being a good example (even though their backline was very good). We don't have the creativity to unlock defences that just sit back. We play much better when teams are going for the win too. Salford I think will go for it, they need the 3 points to stay with the play off pack, a point won't be enough with games running out. 

I wonder where we sit in the table of teams that have come from behind and won this season? We've done it three times in about the last month. A massive sign of unity and fight in this team and it's great to see a Vale team that doesn't know when it's beaten.

Good post mate. Hall debut was Swindon kung fu match. 

Off top off my head both Barrow games and both Crawley games we were losing and won. Mansfield, Orient are another two. So we've definitely got fighting spirit and certainly when we go a goal behind it's not all doom and gloom.

Other than the Swindon defeat I mentioned every other defeat has been by 1 goal so we've been in every game 

Edited by darren1810
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Good post mate. Hall debut was Swindon kung fu match. 

Off top off my head both Barrow games and both Crawley games we were losing and won. Mansfield, Orient are another two. So we've definitely got fighting spirit and certainly when we go a goal behind it's not all doom and gloom.

Other than the Swindon defeat I mentioned every other defeat has been by 1 goal so we've been in every game 

Thanks mate!

Ah yes that makes sense, Swindon is the only game I've missed this season at home, I had Covid symptoms but a blessing in disguise in retrospect.

We have been incredibly efficient this season and with a very small squad of players too. Smith, Garrity, Pett being the only ones I can think of that haven't been sidelined through injury or form. EDIT: Long-term injury.

Someone replied to me on Twitter the other day and said Martin has been good but he's only in the side due to injuries. I don't think thats true. Jones was benched after his red card and before he was injured and if Gibbo is fit he will play as LWB or even RWB before he plays in a back 3. 

Walker has that ability to ping a long ball to run on to if needed, some of the ones he did against Sutton were outrageous. 

Still a lot of games to play but a win tomorrow and a Forest Green win would calm my nerves a little.

Edited by Rocky

Posted (edited)

Salford won 4 in a row so they going be bouncing we won 5 out of last 6 and the other game was supposed be played in Dec v Exeter 

Benfica v Liverpool whoever v whoever there is no bigger game than Salford V Vale tues night .

I feel sick with worry we must not lose as that opens door for a fair few of the teams up there there's only 5 points between us and Sutton .

I'd be happy with a point but we must not play for a point we must play for the 3 .

Shame the grounds not atmospheric (never been so wouldn't know but going on what folk have told me ).

The Vale fans need to make as much noise as possible .

This is massive in context of whether its autos or possible play offs .

We need a big performance from every player and I think what happened sat will give the players the energy commitment and desire win tomoz that late winning  goal player should have every player buzzing and the away following should be buzzing .

Long time till tues 19.45 be ready Vale .

YOU CAN DO IT 

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Like 1

Advert:

We need fear no one ! If we continue to play as we have been doing then a win is possible, hope all the lads are at it and we can weave a bit of magic to bring home the points. A difficult match without doubt should be  good game. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
1 hour ago, darren1810 said:
We need 26'000 from our last 3 home games to average over 6000.
Just spoke to Carol Vorderman to work it out 

Couple of 10Ks Gas and Newport?

A win tomorrow and we might get a bumper Saturday. 1400 sold by Oldham so far.

• Like 2