Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

I'm honestly lost for words. That is the most unbelievably incorrect refereeing decision I've ever seen, by a long way. It's so bad it's actually amusing. 

Josh G who does the twitter vids, if you see this mate...please do a viral one about this. It's absolutely bewildering. 

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

I said to myself at half time that Josh Green could have a field day here if we win…

Advert:

2 hours ago, Doha said:

What a set of results. Straight red for Lapslie too, key player for Mansfield. Don’t know what happened but hopefully a 3 game ban.

UTV.

Tranmere have also had 2 banned after reds against Carlisle on Saturday, their RM Kieron Morris has had his extended to 4 games, possibly as a punishment for appealing I read on twitter.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, southernsausage said:

Long time reader, hardly ever post, but how can I scroll past without saying something tonight😅

Absolutely outstanding performance from The Vale tonight… Every single one of them, Benning sticks out, Willo with another insane shift, Proctor, Wozza, Charsley (goal obvs but also for the running), Stone made a couple of decent and then one absolutely class save. Garrity I thought worked ridiculously hard, as we now expect from him, but some of what he tried didn’t completely come off for him - to no detriment of the team, though.

But Smith, Martin, Walker and Hall collectively formed a mountain range. Those 4 tonight were the difference between being bullied or being 3 pts clear in 3rd spot. Immense. IMO the team’s best all round performance of the season, especially considering the importance of the game, albeit Salford were a horrible hoofball side educated by the Pulis school of rugby.

I hope DC managed to raise a glass tonight. The whole club & fanbase are behind him, Crosby and the team. We might just be on the cusp of doing something quite special here.

UTV

You should post more often.  That’s a far more sensible and balanced appraisal than the usual tripe most of us clowns on here tend to come out with. 👍🏻

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Doha said:

Tranmere have also had 2 banned after reds against Carlisle on Saturday, their RM Kieron Morris has had his extended to 4 games, possibly as a punishment for appealing I read on twitter.

We could do with them winning on Saturday. Think they've got Exeter soon too.

• Like 1

Advert:

2 hours ago, Doha said:

I'm honestly lost for words. That is the most unbelievably incorrect refereeing decision I've ever seen, by a long way. It's so bad it's actually amusing. 

Josh G who does the twitter vids, if you see this mate...please do a viral one about this. It's absolutely bewildering. 

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

What we looking at mate? I Can’t see owt

7 hours ago, Lornelounger said:

I make that 20 different goalscorer this season? Phenomenal squad effort, with players stepping in with crucial goals in key matches.  Really pleased for Charsley - he's risen to the challenge really well in the absence of Pett and Conlon. 

Absolutely. This is not about individuals. What we have here from top to bottom owners, players, staff and us fans is a hard working group effort.

This is a fantastic TEAM! 

It’s an unbelievable turnaround to put automatic back in to our own hands. Credit to everyone at the club for the run we’ve been on since Crosby stepped in. I bet RS Carl is happy today.

• Like 1

Advert:

CURRENT FORM [Last six league games].......

1. PORT VALE    16 points

2. The GAS        15 points

3. EXETER          14 points

Hitting form at the perfect time then & a couple of rather tasty games just around the corner me thinks.......😊

Plus we're into 8/11 for automatic ''Top 3'' promotion this morning & just 4/7 to be promoted by either method........

An extremely short 1/2 to beat Oldham next up & despite the fact that they're fighting for their lives ATM....

• Like 2

What a great performance. Such a pleasure to see us carving teams open. Teams don't know what to do when Hall or Smith bomb on. Granted they dont always get on the ball but it creates a lot of space for our wing backs.

Anyway so many things impressed me. One aspect i did like though is how we adjusted to the ref. After the two early yellows for proctor and walker we didnt have one till that benning nudge late in the second half. In between salford must have got 4-5 yellows. Anyway just great professionalism and a credit to the lads that the intensity didnt seem to drop too.

• Like 6

Advert:

I know we always want to win but I always think performances are so important!  at the moment the performances are absolutely immense. With how we are playing at the moment you just have to believe. So proud to be a Vale fan ! the effort and commitment put in by all at the club is just mind blowing. We have so much depth in the squad no matter who plays each and everyone contributes, at our level that is exceptional 

• Like 3

After 10 games 18 points 

20-35 

23-still 35?

30-46 

40-69 

We've picked up 23 points in the last 10 games 

Defence looks solid,MF full of running plus forwards in form 

On to the next one