Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale

Advert:

Jeezus wept...me heart! I am over in UK visiting wife's posh relatives in South Wales. During "dinner" (posh tea) I set the laptop up on the window ledge I could see from the dining table in silent mode. Every time I glanced across I could see eyes watching me...."Whats wrong?"...."Nothing, why?".....🤣......how I managed to not jump up and shout when we scored! I do not know!

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Bring on Saturday. Our first home game for a fortnight. If we get less than 8000 for that one then some Vale fans need to take a serious look at themselves

I have 3 mates on the Facebook sight who post about vale every game , I know one of them as been one game this season and 2 haven’t been for years and .there they are saying how brilliant we are when we winning season after season, like the cookery lady at Norwich city said , “come on let’s be having you”.       Pack the park for the last 3 games, this is a special time that doesn’t come around very often 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Att. 2,449          where were the home fans?

When you think about all the publicity Salford have had and all the money spent on that squad, what a shabby and laughable bundle of rags they are.

Nice comment from one of their fans though....

" I thought they were the best team I’d seen at our place. They battered us at their place too, but we got lucky. "

Edited by mr.hobblesworth
  • Like 7

Advert:

Great win again! They were Westley Stevenage level antics and we had to stand up to that and be professional and not get too drawn into it and we got it spot on from 25 minutes onwards.

For all the money they spent the way they played was baffling, long punts to Smith hoping Asante could find the scraps or Hunter, i though Smudge and Hall dominated Smith tonight and they didn’t have any plan B once we won that aerial battle.

I keep thinking we can’t keep on winning but we do so let’s see where this takes us, a huge weekend coming up again, a lot of sides playing each other around us again and if Exeter slip up at in form Carlisle then we could even get into second and hammer pressure on them then.

It’s going to be some ride whatever happens, 2 more wins should be enough for a top 7 spot, maybe even a win and a couple of draws… get that done first and see where we go from there.

• Like 3

Another massive win. Absolutely love it. Bowyer reckons we're the best side they've played over both games, very complimentary. I have to agree, we could easily be top had we polished off a few games earlier in the season.

Cannot wait for Saturday, another win & it's definately GAME ON!!

UTV

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Those annoyed at people poking fun at them for being negative.

The amount of grief you get and the amount of times people will point out how wrong you were is, I think, directly proportional to how annoyingly negative you were… so I would buckle up and get used to it for a while. 😉

Plus… it’s only peoples opinions… we are all allowed them 😂

Cheer up lads… it’s all good. You deserve to be reminded of how daft you sounded. And hopefully it’s a lesson in giving things time and not demanding instant success. 

It’s all a bit of fun. plus you get to join the bandwagon… so yay! 

BF1C94A5-1BC5-4B92-8139-3D018AAB074A.jpeg

The great thing is that nobody will be more pleased than me if, as is looking more likely, this is proved to be the daftest comment of 2022.

I call the game as I see it. If you find my posts annoyingly negative, ignore them, simples. 

Defeats will always hurt more and attract greater analysis than wins. 

Modern football doesn’t afford ‘time’ although to call Vale fans ‘impatient’ is a little strange don’t you think?  

In Nov 2020 I think I’m right in saying we were beating Tranmere at going into HT and heading top, then Luke Joyce gets sent off, the game completely changes and we then lose about 15/16 games on the spin and looked for all intents and purposes like we’d drop out of the league. Were you calling for Askey to be given time during that run? Just a thought.

So please, keep dishing it out if that’s what turns you on, because that means we’ve won again and are closer to promotion.

Try enjoy tonight’s result if you can, I know I am.

• Like 4

Advert:

6 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

The great thing is that nobody will be more pleased than me if, as is looking more likely, this is proved to be the daftest comment of 2022.

I call the game as I see it. If you find my posts annoyingly negative, ignore them, simples. 

Modern football doesn’t afford ‘time’ although to call Vale fans ‘impatient’ is a little strange don’t you think?  

In Nov 2020 I think I’m right in saying we were beating Tranmere at going into HT and heading top, then Luke Joyce gets sent off, the game completely changes and we then lose about 15/16 games on the spin and looked for all intents and purposes like we’d drop out of the league. Were you calling for Askey to be given time during that run? Just a thought.

So please, keep dishing it out if that’s what turns you on, because that means we’ve won again and are closer to promotion.

Are you really comparing any run of results weve had this season to that 15-16 games of askey Jesus Christ 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Again… you may be taking this all a bit too seriously.

😂

UTV

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Two things I've being saying for quite a while now.

1)Andy Crosby was our best signing of the summer

2) How our goal difference will help us come the end of the season +23 vs Mansfield + 9 and 10 better than Northampton.

Fantastic performance tonight .3-0 would have been a fairer reflection. Win the next 2 and the dream is really on

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

29 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Bowyer says we are the best team in the league … “Forest Green may be top, but the way they [the Vale] play, how they play, their intensity… [pulls impressed face]

Horrible team Salford, but fair play to Bowyer for that. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I'm honestly lost for words. That is the most unbelievably incorrect refereeing decision I've ever seen, by a long way. It's so bad it's actually amusing. 

Josh G who does the twitter vids, if you see this mate...please do a viral one about this. It's absolutely bewildering. 

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Edited by Doha