Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale

Advert:

1 minute ago, Powerline said:

Martin’s been immense since Xmas imo

Martin has been immense really since Hall came. He’s had a Glover-like effect on the back line IMO. We are more organised (save for the odd blip like Saturday) and haven’t conceded more than 1 in a game since the Swindle debacle which was hardly his fault.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Not allowed an opinion I guess then? Hall and Charsley looking great signings. Cooper? Holy? Didn’t want to post after such a brilliant performance but posts like this are doing my head in

Perhaps you do peoples head in ? 
Too quick to judge , remember saying you didn’t know why we’d signed Charley , didn’t know what he brought to the team ? Think he’d played about 10 mins altogether but you were writing him off ! and you think that’s fair or was it just an opinion ? 
You seem to think it’s only an opinion when you’re proven wrong. 
Just give people time and stop jumping in with your ‘opinions’ too soon 👍

UTV 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:
So I’m not allowed to say back in Jan that cooper is a poor signing but others can say benning and Martin are? Makes sense. 
Ignore if you don’t like my posts. 
Amazing win and can’t believe that after the colchester game we are in 3rd, 3 points clear (4 with goal difference) and have it in our own hands. Crosby and co done unbelievable  

No you could in Jan I have done similar with players in the squad just don't continue to moan when people point out that overall the recruitment was good amd you were wrong to complain. We are looking good for promotion. Enjoy yourself a bit. If it all goes wrong and for whatever reason we don't make league one look back fondly on games like today, Barrow and leyton orient rather than be down in the dumps that we missed our chance. Always look on the bright side of life.

Edited by wotsyobeef
Put swindon instead of leyton orient
  • Like 5

Advert:

Overall a deflected shot Stone turned over well a header from 15 yards and a close shave and great save at end of first half thatsSalfords contribution to the game other than that HOOF.

Vale purred all night miles the better team ,more skilful better balanced and really one goal that's  all thought we deserved more .

Martin was collosal Smith excellent also we weren't really troubled the ref swung the game there way with a five or ten minute delay which stopped our momentum and nearly give  them a undeserved point .

Very proud tonight 8 out 10 for them all .

Magic 

UTV 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ValeGez said:

Perhaps you do peoples head in ? 
Too quick to judge , remember saying you didn’t know why we’d signed Charley , didn’t know what he brought to the team ? Think he’d played about 10 mins altogether but you were writing him off ! and you think that’s fair or was it just an opinion ? 
You seem to think it’s only an opinion when you’re proven wrong. 
Just give people time and stop jumping in with your ‘opinions’ too soon 👍

UTV 

This is what I love (read hate) about this site. Result of the season, the lads have pulled off two successive away wins to catapult us back into the autos….and all some people are bothered about is dishing out “I told you so’s”. Pathetic.

Can somebody look up the dictionary definition of ‘negative poster’ please?

• Like 5

Advert:

What a set of results. Straight red for Lapslie too, key player for Mansfield. Don’t know what happened but hopefully a 3 game ban.

UTV.

• Like 1

Advert:

Players like Benning, Martin & Charsley have come good once they have been given a run in a settled side, even if that because of someone else’s I’ll fortune. The squad we have assembled must be one of the best I’ve seen since Rudgie’s days.

• Like 6

Just now, Doha said:

What a set of results. Straight red for Lapslie too, key player for Mansfield. Don’t know what happened but hopefully a 3 game ban.

UTV.

Elbow I think. Deserves 5 games does that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Hows about this for everyone in it together ?

Tom Pett in the queue to get in the ground. Brilliant. 

Mint that is. 

• Like 5