onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

10 hours ago, Doha said:

Thanks to Mark on the wonder of you group for spotting this and uploading it.

UNREAL.

It's no understatement to say our player is a yard away from him! This video should be sent to the referee's association - because it's typical of the standard of refereeing at our level...then the cheat should be banned for 3 weeks!

6 hours ago, robf said:

I thought about Glover when I posted that but I think it's chalk and cheese.

Glover never made those runs that Hall makes. Deano was great and at higher levels too. I don't think I've seen a calmer and classier performer at the back than Glover but in terms of forward play by a defender, I think Hall is the best I've seen. 

I think the eras make direct comparisons impossible.  The comparison should be between him and Dan Jones.

What we have to remember is that the game was a massively different back then, plus, importantly, we, and most teams, mainly played 442, maybe apart from when we nearly hit the (Championship) playoffs and Guppy/Macca played as wingbacks away from home.  Aside the odd mazy run from Aspo the 2 central defenders mostly had to sit in and mark the 2 opposition forwards.  With the ball Glover would be pinging balls with that magic left peg.  The shape and setup of the team was totally different.  We had quality wingers, the like of whom we’ll probably never see again, the fullbacks overlapped like modern day wingbacks, and, at the time, we generally had a lot of quality and mobility in central midfield.

Glover was intelligent, a great player and would, if playing today, in my view, still be a great player.  I’ll never forget seeing him on his debut and thinking the same.  The only thing he ever lacked was a yard of pace.

Put simply, whilst there may be similarities to be drawn, Hall is a great player for us in his own right.  A terrific signing.

Maybe Crosby  prefers to be a coach?  There is a lot more that comes with management that he could maybe do without? Not a criticism at all, he's doing a very fine job.  And his stock will be high. I like his calm manner on the touchline compared to the deranged antics of others. 

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

No i wasn't suggesting release Benning i was just thinking of the conundrum seeing as he only signed for a year.

We pushed the boat out as i say for Hussey, DC and AC clearly prefer Gibbo on the left particularly as it gets him and Worrall in the same starting line up.

As you say get behind whoever plays i was just thinking out loud for the summer.

That’s going to be an excellent debate in the summer, how to free up space to improve the 11 especially if we are playing in L1.

One things for sure after last summer and January I whole heartedly trust Flickers and DC to make the right calls. The strike rate of our signings has been sensational.

11 hours ago, The French Connection said:

Thinking about next season, I suspect one two of our players might be interesting other clubs.  Also, Crosby may well find himself in demand! 

I've been thinking about this, too! Whether we go up, or not, this season, we need to get most of our players signed to new or longer contracts...and the same for DF / DC / AC and the thousands of backroom Boffins who've done such a great job, this far. To have so many players be a success from a recruitment of...what...20-odd players - is remarkable? The majority of this squad will see us do ok in Lge 1 (hopefully!!) without having to embark on such a massive recruitment, again...just tweaks - maybe get Cass back? Fingers crossed for our last 6 Cup finals - I'm hopeful we won't need to win them all, but it would be good if we could! UTV VTID 

16 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Him and Proctor i think were one year deals.

Benning will be a very interesting one, he was clearly frustrated and miffed at barely playing. His form has been excellent, the Benning we expected, but given we pushed the boat, the ocean liner and supertanker out to get Hussey he may well be released? 

But Stone now has cemented his place, i never felt he did anything wrong anyway to warrant the Holy signing but has now proved that tenfold. 

How has Benning’s being miffed manifested itself? I’ve not heard anything untoward from him

3 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

How has Benning’s being miffed manifested itself? I’ve not heard anything untoward from him

I don't think he's going to make his feelings public, but I can understand him feeling that he's being overlooked.

Players want to play, it's only natural.

Archived