onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 minute ago, NellyTheValiant said:

I saw that last night it was embarrassing the referee had a better view than I.  I'd love to also see some of the comings together of Proctor and Vassell, even the RS commentator said on one occasion that the ref wasn't even looking at the pair of them but then booked Proctor.

Most of his decisions he was looking the other way.  He was miles off the pace, certainly first half.  He can consult his liner anytime but, as I said, one liner was no more than a flag on a stick the other not a great deal better.

Advert

I had a look on the pretty barren Salford forum yesterday and noticed their thread starter post this before the game, talking about when they played us at Vale Park

"Reading their forum is seems a lot of their fans are very bitter and still haven't got over that defeat by us as they quite obviously thought they should have won by virtue of the number of shots they had on our goal. And I always thought it was how many times you stick the ball in the back of the net that really counts! "

And then the same member after last night's game:

"It's interesting to note on the BBC match report that both teams had 13 shots on goal and four direct on target with us having six corners to their three. Despite a number of our players seemingly freezing on the night on the night it was down to one very poorly conceded goal that in the end cost us the game. And yet again, as seems to have happened a number of times in recent home games it originated down our left flank and was contributed to by some half arsed challenges. Fortunately on those occasions we managed to score more than the opposition. Yes Port Vale looked the better side on the night but in the end it was one big helping hand from our defence that was all that effectively separated the two sides on the night. "

I thought it was how many times you stick the ball in the back of the net that really counts? The rest doesn't matter?

Usually I steer away from ref talk but last night's was an exception, he really was dreadful, the video above being only one example of how poor he was. I understand I say this in a position of bias but a better referee and we would have won that comfortably, he choked the life out of the game.

1 hour ago, Emile said:

Is there any way to report this directly to the FA or someone else? Ref's need to be held accountable for their actions and I would love to hear the justifaction for this decision??

If you freeze frame it on 22 seconds, when Charsley is going past him, his right arm is out, and it looks like his hand may have come into contact with the Hunter's face.

Completely accidental, very light, embarrassing reaction. But if there was contact, it gives him a reason to give a free kick if he thinks was an impediment in any way...

More from the Salford forum:

I thought their number 13 caused us all sorts of problems, their 7 and 11 very good too. If Wilson had shown a fraction of the work rate for us that he did last night he'd have been more successful than he turned out., Possibly a small example of maybe looking at players who actually want to be here in future rather than just paying the biggest wages? 

The pressing point is a good one. At one point in the 2nd half King played it short to Ndaba and immediately their coach roared "press, press" and about 3 or 4 players were straight there busting a gut to close his passing options off. I can't see any of our lot having the energy or desire to do that. 

I don't really want to focus on one player after such a good performance but how good is Connor Hall up the pitch? I've never seen a Vale central defender who's so comfortable in the final third whether that's link-up play, clever runs or crosses into the box. A superb signing by the club. 

15 minutes ago, robf said:

I don't really want to focus on one player after such a good performance but how good is Connor Hall up the pitch? I've never seen a Vale central defender who's so comfortable in the final third whether that's link-up play, clever runs or crosses into the box. A superb signing by the club. 

Am i being a tad unfair calling him a lesser version of Dean Glover. Another cultured unruffled defender like Hall.

Either way he is class and testament to our recruitment team. 

5 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Am i being a tad unfair calling him a lesser version of Dean Glover. Another cultured unruffled defender like Hall.

I thought about Glover when I posted that but I think it's chalk and cheese.

Glover never made those runs that Hall makes. Deano was great and at higher levels too. I don't think I've seen a calmer and classier performer at the back than Glover but in terms of forward play by a defender, I think Hall is the best I've seen. 

21 minutes ago, robf said:

If you can read the orange on black text there's a lot of praise for the Vale performance here.

SALFORDCITYFCFANS.PROBOARDS.COM

I think Ash Hunter deserves a mention. I've discussed before about his shortcomings relating to his attitude but yesterday I felt he was just not the right type of player to help Salford combat Vale's bully boy tactics.

🤣🤣🤣

Archived