onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

31 minutes ago, Doha said:

Video on the wonder of you, I’ll try and upload it here. 

One of their players theatrically throws himself to the ground 3 yards from the referee looking directly at it. The closest Vale player is a yard away and hasn’t touched him. It is the most blatant dive you’ll ever see. He goes down clutching his face.

Again, never touched by a Vale player, we never even directly challenged the ball. 

Handley gives them a free kick. 

Thanks to Mark on the wonder of you group for spotting this and uploading it.

UNREAL.

Embarrassing from Hunter but even worse from the referee. He is literally standing right there!!

Mind you I thought the ref was really poor last night. The occasion of the game seemed too big for him.

31 minutes ago, Doha said:

UNREAL.

Is there any way to report this directly to the FA or someone else? Ref's need to be held accountable for their actions and I would love to hear the justifaction for this decision??

We felt, certainly first half, that he was giving decision off the cuff, reacting to the aftermath of an incident, perceived of otherwise.  What I would say is that he wasn’t helped by either liner, in fact the guy running the line to the left of the away end was about as much use as a tailors dummy.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a ref put up with a manic manager ranting at him for several minutes like happened last night.  Not only the duration of it was incredible but the fact the ref kept his card in his pocket. Unbelievable.

I've said since last summer when the signings were coming in that everyone is entitled to an opinion but knee-jerk and unbalanced opinions are not the way and you have to be accountable for what you say. It's less "I told you so" and more holding a mirror up and highlighting back that writing off a player we have signed before he has kicked a ball isn't balanced and just isn't fair. 

Neither is judging a player on one or two performances. I was rooting for Garrity, Martin and Benning this season. The former was out the blocks immediately and you could see in the first 5 games he was going to feature heavily in midfield but Martin and Benning were being criticised with very little minutes on the pitch. Any mis-placed pass was met with a very loud groan from the stands and shouts, knowing that some players are confidence players, it always seemed strange to show such a lack of support as it encourages more errors.

I suppose the point I'm making through my waffling is that there is a way of demonstrating your opinion, at some point on here we've all been wrong about something. I wasn't criticising Crosby but I looked objectively at his managerial experience and I thought we were asking a lot to expect to make the play offs after the Colchester game, considering the circumstances within the club and injuries sustained to key players I couldn't see how we could make the push to go on a run and I was wrong. I wasn't blaming anyone, just an opinion based on the circumstances.

Opinions are what this forum is for, what it was created for, and I'm not asking for forum members to keep their opinions to themselves - absolutely not, but I would like to see less of the plucked out of the air views, the lick your finger and just see which way the wind is blowing type posts. 

As for last night, it was hard to watch at times, it was a messy affair. The referee seemed for large parts of the game like he had an agenda, but it was more likely hoped that the early yellow cards would make the players calm down and it didn't work, he then had to be consistent and give yellows for everything. The one minute finger pointing moan by Bowyer was unacceptable. If Clarke or Crosby had done that this season they would have been sent off. 

I struggled who to give the man of the match to though, Proctor was being heavily marked all game and even though he wasn't a contender, some of the movement and dribbling was incredible. First half, he took on and went past two players and his hold up play in the second half was brilliant, especially near the end.

Smith is really enjoying playing in that back three, he has excelled rarely putting a foot wrong, Hall's aerial wins and runs forward have been an effective way of relieving pressure but Martin was my Man of the Match. What he does really well at is reading the pass, he isn't the fastest runner but he steps up and intercepts/clears at the right time. 

Benning was also great, I noticed he came in and played centrally at times the last few games and Proctor drifted wide or Hall would make an overlap and we are seeing why he was brought in. He's been effective in getting balls in and we've scored from his crosses but usually from the second ball, would love him to get an assist, he deserves it.

I'm not getting carried away. So many minutes to play, Bristol Rovers still to play, if we are to get the third place, I'd expect it to be done before the last game against Exeter. The Rovers game will be the biggest game we've had in just short of 10 years.

1 hour ago, Doha said:

UNREAL.

I saw that last night it was embarrassing the referee had a better view than I.  I'd love to also see some of the comings together of Proctor and Vassell, even the RS commentator said on one occasion that the ref wasn't even looking at the pair of them but then booked Proctor.

Archived