onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

6 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Those annoyed at people poking fun at them for being negative.

The amount of grief you get and the amount of times people will point out how wrong you were is, I think, directly proportional to how annoyingly negative you were… so I would buckle up and get used to it for a while. 😉

Plus… it’s only peoples opinions… we are all allowed them 😂

Cheer up lads… it’s all good. You deserve to be reminded of how daft you sounded. And hopefully it’s a lesson in giving things time and not demanding instant success. 

It’s all a bit of fun. plus you get to join the bandwagon… so yay! 

BF1C94A5-1BC5-4B92-8139-3D018AAB074A.jpeg

The great thing is that nobody will be more pleased than me if, as is looking more likely, this is proved to be the daftest comment of 2022.

I call the game as I see it. If you find my posts annoyingly negative, ignore them, simples. 

Defeats will always hurt more and attract greater analysis than wins. 

Modern football doesn’t afford ‘time’ although to call Vale fans ‘impatient’ is a little strange don’t you think?  

In Nov 2020 I think I’m right in saying we were beating Tranmere at going into HT and heading top, then Luke Joyce gets sent off, the game completely changes and we then lose about 15/16 games on the spin and looked for all intents and purposes like we’d drop out of the league. Were you calling for Askey to be given time during that run? Just a thought.

So please, keep dishing it out if that’s what turns you on, because that means we’ve won again and are closer to promotion.

Try enjoy tonight’s result if you can, I know I am.

Advert

6 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

The great thing is that nobody will be more pleased than me if, as is looking more likely, this is proved to be the daftest comment of 2022.

I call the game as I see it. If you find my posts annoyingly negative, ignore them, simples. 

Modern football doesn’t afford ‘time’ although to call Vale fans ‘impatient’ is a little strange don’t you think?  

In Nov 2020 I think I’m right in saying we were beating Tranmere at going into HT and heading top, then Luke Joyce gets sent off, the game completely changes and we then lose about 15/16 games on the spin and looked for all intents and purposes like we’d drop out of the league. Were you calling for Askey to be given time during that run? Just a thought.

So please, keep dishing it out if that’s what turns you on, because that means we’ve won again and are closer to promotion.

Are you really comparing any run of results weve had this season to that 15-16 games of askey Jesus Christ 

3 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Again… you may be taking this all a bit too seriously.

😂

UTV

Two things I've being saying for quite a while now.

1)Andy Crosby was our best signing of the summer

2) How our goal difference will help us come the end of the season +23 vs Mansfield + 9 and 10 better than Northampton.

Fantastic performance tonight .3-0 would have been a fairer reflection. Win the next 2 and the dream is really on

Long time reader, hardly ever post, but how can I scroll past without saying something tonight😅

Absolutely outstanding performance from The Vale tonight… Every single one of them, Benning sticks out, Willo with another insane shift, Proctor, Wozza, Charsley (goal obvs but also for the running), Stone made a couple of decent and then one absolutely class save. Garrity I thought worked ridiculously hard, as we now expect from him, but some of what he tried didn’t completely come off for him - to no detriment of the team, though.

But Smith, Martin, Walker and Hall collectively formed a mountain range. Those 4 tonight were the difference between being bullied or being 3 pts clear in 3rd spot. Immense. IMO the team’s best all round performance of the season, especially considering the importance of the game, albeit Salford were a horrible hoofball side educated by the Pulis school of rugby.

I hope DC managed to raise a glass tonight. The whole club & fanbase are behind him, Crosby and the team. We might just be on the cusp of doing something quite special here.

UTV

I'm honestly lost for words. That is the most unbelievably incorrect refereeing decision I've ever seen, by a long way. It's so bad it's actually amusing. 

Josh G who does the twitter vids, if you see this mate...please do a viral one about this. It's absolutely bewildering. 

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

I'm honestly lost for words. That is the most unbelievably incorrect refereeing decision I've ever seen, by a long way. It's so bad it's actually amusing. 

Josh G who does the twitter vids, if you see this mate...please do a viral one about this. It's absolutely bewildering. 

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

I said to myself at half time that Josh Green could have a field day here if we win…

2 hours ago, Doha said:

What a set of results. Straight red for Lapslie too, key player for Mansfield. Don’t know what happened but hopefully a 3 game ban.

UTV.

Tranmere have also had 2 banned after reds against Carlisle on Saturday, their RM Kieron Morris has had his extended to 4 games, possibly as a punishment for appealing I read on twitter.

34 minutes ago, southernsausage said:

Long time reader, hardly ever post, but how can I scroll past without saying something tonight😅

Absolutely outstanding performance from The Vale tonight… Every single one of them, Benning sticks out, Willo with another insane shift, Proctor, Wozza, Charsley (goal obvs but also for the running), Stone made a couple of decent and then one absolutely class save. Garrity I thought worked ridiculously hard, as we now expect from him, but some of what he tried didn’t completely come off for him - to no detriment of the team, though.

But Smith, Martin, Walker and Hall collectively formed a mountain range. Those 4 tonight were the difference between being bullied or being 3 pts clear in 3rd spot. Immense. IMO the team’s best all round performance of the season, especially considering the importance of the game, albeit Salford were a horrible hoofball side educated by the Pulis school of rugby.

I hope DC managed to raise a glass tonight. The whole club & fanbase are behind him, Crosby and the team. We might just be on the cusp of doing something quite special here.

UTV

You should post more often.  That’s a far more sensible and balanced appraisal than the usual tripe most of us clowns on here tend to come out with. 👍🏻

8 minutes ago, Doha said:

Tranmere have also had 2 banned after reds against Carlisle on Saturday, their RM Kieron Morris has had his extended to 4 games, possibly as a punishment for appealing I read on twitter.

We could do with them winning on Saturday. Think they've got Exeter soon too.

Archived