onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

A proper away promotion type of performance that.

We had a team of men out there standing up to physical long ball merchant. Lots of leaders out there but the spine of the team was tremendous. Stone makes a save when needed, Martin was immense against Smith, Walker covered and picked up the pieces in midfield whilst JP was an absolute warrior. Add to that the non stop running of Woz,Charley,Garrity,Benning. Fantastic 

MOTM Smith Captains performance.

In our own hands now.

38 minutes ago, Potsman said:

I'm eating humble pie tonight after last weeks comment Aaron Martin was massive tonight as were everybody.

When you've made what seems to be a knee-jerk comment, the graceful thing is to eat humble pie at the next opportunity - like you've just done! Well done Potsman!

Those annoyed at people poking fun at them for being negative.

The amount of grief you get and the amount of times people will point out how wrong you were is, I think, directly proportional to how annoyingly negative you were… so I would buckle up and get used to it for a while. 😉

Plus… it’s only peoples opinions… we are all allowed them 😂

Cheer up lads… it’s all good. You deserve to be reminded of how daft you sounded. And hopefully it’s a lesson in giving things time and not demanding instant success. 

It’s all a bit of fun. plus you get to join the bandwagon… so yay! 

BF1C94A5-1BC5-4B92-8139-3D018AAB074A.jpeg

Jeezus wept...me heart! I am over in UK visiting wife's posh relatives in South Wales. During "dinner" (posh tea) I set the laptop up on the window ledge I could see from the dining table in silent mode. Every time I glanced across I could see eyes watching me...."Whats wrong?"...."Nothing, why?".....🤣......how I managed to not jump up and shout when we scored! I do not know!

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!

51 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Bring on Saturday. Our first home game for a fortnight. If we get less than 8000 for that one then some Vale fans need to take a serious look at themselves

I have 3 mates on the Facebook sight who post about vale every game , I know one of them as been one game this season and 2 haven’t been for years and .there they are saying how brilliant we are when we winning season after season, like the cookery lady at Norwich city said , “come on let’s be having you”.       Pack the park for the last 3 games, this is a special time that doesn’t come around very often 

8 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Att. 2,449          where were the home fans?

When you think about all the publicity Salford have had and all the money spent on that squad, what a shabby and laughable bundle of rags they are.

Nice comment from one of their fans though....

" I thought they were the best team I’d seen at our place. They battered us at their place too, but we got lucky. "

Great win again! They were Westley Stevenage level antics and we had to stand up to that and be professional and not get too drawn into it and we got it spot on from 25 minutes onwards.

For all the money they spent the way they played was baffling, long punts to Smith hoping Asante could find the scraps or Hunter, i though Smudge and Hall dominated Smith tonight and they didn’t have any plan B once we won that aerial battle.

I keep thinking we can’t keep on winning but we do so let’s see where this takes us, a huge weekend coming up again, a lot of sides playing each other around us again and if Exeter slip up at in form Carlisle then we could even get into second and hammer pressure on them then.

It’s going to be some ride whatever happens, 2 more wins should be enough for a top 7 spot, maybe even a win and a couple of draws… get that done first and see where we go from there.

Another massive win. Absolutely love it. Bowyer reckons we're the best side they've played over both games, very complimentary. I have to agree, we could easily be top had we polished off a few games earlier in the season.

Cannot wait for Saturday, another win & it's definately GAME ON!!

UTV

Archived