onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

3 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Agree about M Smith excellent lower league player ,Garrity is back and he will be superb I'm sure of it 👍

There goal yesterday was cause one of our centre halfs didnt go towards the ball gave him time control it and whip it into the corner ,whoever it was needs be sharper .

On another day that costs luckily it didn't but I noticed a lot of sloppiness from balls in yesterday .

We certainly need to do better for sure 

UTV 

No mate not the goal but in general we didn’t deal with balls in the box in that 1st half.

Advert

14 minutes ago, MBE said:

No mate not the goal but in general we didn’t deal with balls in the box in that 1st half.

Oh right didn't watch first 60 mins ,last 30 apart from one free kick in where it was begging to be headed in from them and some player who was offside swiped at a volley didn't look a threat at all .

Have to be careful not give needless free kicks away v Salford keep it in there half all game and if possible play Walker back there his height will be instrumental in Tuesdays game I'd let him have Smith but its other player who Hall can have that Asante  who is decent .

We should be highly pumped that's for sure and if play anything like we can we will score for defo just got keep back door closed .

UTV 

UTV 

This has a touch of the Exeter game to it, with both on long good runs, both conceding few goals, and losing even fewer matches.
These are the recent stats.
Salford
P13 8-4-1 21-8.
Five clean sheets, 8 single goal conceded.
Vale
P16 8-7-1 23-10
Six clean sheets, 10 single goal conceded.
Suggests a low scoring draw.

43 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Oh right didn't watch first 60 mins ,last 30 apart from one free kick in where it was begging to be headed in from them and some player who was offside swiped at a volley didn't look a threat at all .

Have to be careful not give needless free kicks away v Salford keep it in there half all game and if possible play Walker back there his height will be instrumental in Tuesdays game I'd let him have Smith but its other player who Hall can have that Asante  who is decent .

We should be highly pumped that's for sure and if play anything like we can we will score for defo just got keep back door closed .

UTV 

UTV 

You watch the best but then😁

You would think they could move there fans  into two sides of stadium and give Vale the other ,another load of folk  on Wonder of Port Vale wanting tickets .

If your getting gates 1500 max you would be foolish not too .

Not that we are massive but all our support comes out if what folk are seeing is very good which in fairness the players have being for 39 games .

7 games more to increase standards even more so

UTV 

2 hours ago, sheffield61 said:

5,606  for the Vale and with surely massive Oldham and the Gas away followings on their way we will surely TOP 6,000 by the seasons end......🤗

We need 26'000 from our last 3 home games to average over 6000.

Just spoke to Carol Vorderman to work it out 

My memory isn't as good as it used to be but I'm pretty sure the home game against these was Hall's first home game and he smashed into the post and had to be subbed off and Martin come on.

I think we had a back 3 of Smith, Hall and Walker starting that game and there was no Proctor and Hussey started, so our side will look a little different and stronger than January if Garrity starts too.

The first half against Barrow was pretty bad, made them look good. We just kept giving the ball away. We seem to struggle at times to play across the floor and our default is hoof it up. I suspect it's because we have a team of 6ft+ players in most positions but we were just giving them the ball back unnecessarily. 

James Wilson, wow. I posted the video of the second goal on Twitter. What impressed me the most wasn't the shift and move he does on the by-line, it was racing back in the 89th minute to win the ball and then screams at Charsley where to pass it. Nobody can deny the guy has massively improved his fitness this season. The first half he could barely play more than an hour, 

We've struggled against teams that sit in, Exeter being a good example (even though their backline was very good). We don't have the creativity to unlock defences that just sit back. We play much better when teams are going for the win too. Salford I think will go for it, they need the 3 points to stay with the play off pack, a point won't be enough with games running out. 

I wonder where we sit in the table of teams that have come from behind and won this season? We've done it three times in about the last month. A massive sign of unity and fight in this team and it's great to see a Vale team that doesn't know when it's beaten.

Archived