onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Keep hold of that Promotion Spot, a perfect revenge over Salford would be a hat-trick by ex-player James Wilson and would be another highlight in this exciting  season. Not easy,  they have 3 home wins on the trot and are unbeaten since January.  However Garrity  is likely to be back to strengthen our midfield drive. Go for it Vale.

Another 6-pointer to track, Mansfield away to FGR.

Darrell Clarke`s Black and White Army

Advert

Two in-form teams go head to head, Vale looking to stamp their place in the automatic promotion places whilst Salford are desperate to climb into the play-offs, all the ingredients are there for a cracking game.

We will all have one eye on the other fixture and obviously hoping FGR can cement their place at the top of the tree.

It's hard to call either result and the season won't end for any of us, whatever the outcomes, however a good result on Tuesday for any of the sides will be huge, let's hope its ours.

If any team deserve some luck then surely after the last 3 years it's Vale, let's hope though, although luck may play a part we don't rely on luck and take the game to them. They, like us need the points so at least they will be going for it too and not playing 'park the bus' which hopefully will make it an open game.

Looking forward to it, a new ground for me and hopefully revenge for their result at Vale Park.

Heart says 1-3, Head says 1-1.

I'm not sure games over a season work out as in the first game v Salford Vale should have won they booted if off the line twice and Ben Garrity took on four of there players and the ball bobbled at the wrong time or i feel he would have banged it in .

So everything to gain I didn't see first half yesterday but heard it wasn't good so no more halfs like that but what I saw second half we looked a very good side .

Salford 0 Vale 2 Walker and Charsley .UTV 

Should imagine there quietest end is getting filled by Vale fans be safe enjoy it and get behind the team id say 2000 of Vale will be there tues 1300 in right areas 700 in areas for home fans .

There no way fans are going want miss it what is it 56 minute drive away UTV 

I expect a completely different game to the last one. They clearly came for a point at our place, and somehow got 3. We looked much the better side. Their tails will be up for this one, and it could be quite an open game. Here's hoping we continue to keep it tight at the back.

They’re in form but so are we. They’ve got better players now than before, so have we.  I’m confident of beating anyone now as long as we start fast and cut out the silly mistakes.

After yesterdays finish I’m already counting the hours to this one!

A win would be unbelievable but I’d be very very happy with a draw.

To get a result we are going have to deal with balls in the box much better than yesterday, with the challenge of keeping Matt Smith quiet. Going to need a big game for our 3 CB’s.

Funny how the perspective of the fixture has changed from the original postponement.

4 minutes ago, MBE said:

After yesterdays finish I’m already counting the hours to this one!

A win would be unbelievable but I’d be very very happy with a draw.

To get a result we are going have to deal with balls in the box much better than yesterday, with the challenge of keeping Matt Smith quiet. Going to need a big game for our 3 CB’s.

Funny how the perspective of the fixture has changed from the original postponement.

Agree about M Smith excellent lower league player ,Garrity is back and he will be superb I'm sure of it 👍

There goal yesterday was cause one of our centre halfs didnt go towards the ball gave him time control it and whip it into the corner ,whoever it was needs be sharper .

On another day that costs luckily it didn't but I noticed a lot of sloppiness from balls in yesterday .

We certainly need to do better for sure 

UTV 

51 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Agree about M Smith excellent lower league player ,Garrity is back and he will be superb I'm sure of it 👍

There goal yesterday was cause one of our centre halfs didnt go towards the ball gave him time control it and whip it into the corner ,whoever it was needs be sharper .

On another day that costs luckily it didn't but I noticed a lot of sloppiness from balls in yesterday .

We certainly need to do better for sure 

UTV 

In all fairness mate the pass for there goal yesterday was class decent finish  aswell 

Archived