Song for Carol

Advert:

Advert:

For anyone who ever watched the darts, the crowd chat for Vincent Van Der Voort:

Nanananananana, Vincent Van Der Voort, Van Der Voort, Vincent van Der Voort

but replace his name with Carol Shanahan. Obviously. 

the song is Baby Give It Up. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Another shropshire valiant said:

Sorry to date myself but……Bay city rollers, “Shang a Lang” (Shanahan)

There are probably a lot of us who remember this song when it came out.  🤣

• Like 1

6 hours ago, George said:

For anyone who ever watched the darts, the crowd chat for Vincent Van Der Voort:

Nanananananana, Vincent Van Der Voort, Van Der Voort, Vincent van Der Voort

Or just sing VVDV and then say "that was for you Carol" at the end.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 1 said:

Or just sing VVDV and then say "that was for you Carol" at the end.

Not having a go at carol but I think she needs to sort out that bloody ticket office out my daughter been in a queue since 9-15 well over an hour hardly moved as there is 2 people serving it’s an absolute joke they know there be a lot of people after tickets sorry to go off thread 

22 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Not having a go at carol but I think she needs to sort out that bloody ticket office out my daughter been in a queue since 9-15 well over an hour hardly moved as there is 2 people serving it’s an absolute joke they know there be a lot of people after tickets sorry to go off thread 

Got there 830am and they let us all in shop because of the rain. They then asked people to wait outside after 9am as rain stopped. Selling tickets 1st to those of us in shop so people outside were waiting until shop cleared. Took 1 hour 15mins to get mine and there were about 50 people behind me then. Queue was slow due to some people collecting multiple tickets for friends/ family etc. Patient is required being a Valiant.😁

Advert:

1 hour ago, onestepatatime said:

Got there 830am and they let us all in shop because of the rain. They then asked people to wait outside after 9am as rain stopped. Selling tickets 1st to those of us in shop so people outside were waiting until shop cleared. Took 1 hour 15mins to get mine and there were about 50 people behind me then. Queue was slow due to some people collecting multiple tickets for friends/ family etc. Patient is required being a Valiant.😁

That’s true daughter queued for 2hrs 20 mins 

• Like 1

Just posted on the other topic regarding singing for Andy Crosby and I must comment here that it was wonderful to hear the fans singing for Carol at the end of the game.  Bought a tear to my eye.  Hopefully more of the same between now and the end of the season.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
Slightly off topic, does anyone know what the song is before the games start, the irish sounding one. thanks.
The very Irish sounding song on Saturday was Dirty Old Town by The Pouges. Its not a regular song though must have been on the play list

Advert:

4 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

The very Irish sounding song on Saturday was Dirty Old Town by The Pouges. Its not a regular song though must have been on the play list

actually, it s dirty old town written and originally sung by ewan mccoll (kirsty mccolls father) he was a top folk singer of his time, i saw hm with peggy seeger in the red lion stoke folk club in the 60s.:drink:

Surely it has to be an adaptation of Mrs Robinson:

“Here’s to you Carol Shanahan

Vale love you more than you will know

whoa whoa whoa

Got rid of Norm Carol Shanahan

Burslem holds a place for you always

hey hey hey”

• Like 1

actually, it s dirty old town written and originally sung by ewan mccoll (kirsty mccolls father) he was a top folk singer of his time, i saw hm with peggy seeger in the red lion stoke folk club in the 60s.drink.gif.e14d1eb9a0608b5bc0e4db212348654a.gif
I'm pretty sure the version over the tannoy on Saturday was the Pouges but happy to be proven wrong