The gaffer's back

Advert:

Great news that he's coming back, gives everyone a lift. Can't see Dc taking a back seat for very long, 10 minutes into the Barrow game I can see him heading down the dug out to give someone a verbal volley. Can't wait for Saturday

• Like 4

Whatever capacity it may be, just a phone call, advice to Crosby, a zoom talk with the squad it's great to see .

Football pales into complete insignificance but it will be a massive welcome back from the Vale family. Staff, players and us fans.

Super Clarkey 

• Like 7

Advert:

1 hour ago, MBE said:

So pleased to have him back around the club. Feel quite emotional he’s back in any capacity after what he’s been through.

Huge credit must go to Carol to finding him a way to get back to work. I don’t think many other clubs would have been as accommodating. It’s just yet another  example of what a brilliant club Carol and Kevin are building and why we should all feel so proud of Port Vale.

Not afraid to admit I might just cry singing DARREL CLARKE’S BLACK AND WHITE ARMY.

This 

• Like 2

Fantastic news and we all wish him well. Not since MA has Darell got me hooked by his approach and commitment to the cause.

A leader and with great leaders you inspire the followers.

Can't wait for him to get the welcome he deserves with the fans when he returns in the dugout, though sadly I will miss it with my location.

Hope this brings even greater focus for the club to achieve our ambitions.

VTID

2 hours ago, robf said:

100% agree. It's nice to see he's taken strength from the support by Vale and the wider football family but I still hope he takes it slowly and comes back at a pace which suits him. His mental health and wellbeing are more important than results on a pitch. However, it's good he's with the right club in that regard and that our owners will obviously be supportive with whatever decisions he makes. I hope DC gets a huge welcome when he wants to appear in public and I also hope AC gets a huge thank you for what he has managed in extremely challenging circumstances. 

Well said. That sums it all up right there. 

3 hours ago, Dr Delgado said:

I'm so pleased to see Darrell back, I'm also proud that our club has been as compassionate and caring as it has. Carol certainly has a knack of making everyone connected to the club feel special and reading Darrell's comments he very much feels a part of the Port Vale family. We've waited such a long time for a club we can all be proud of, all feel a part of and all move forward with. 

Welcome back Darrell, take it at your own pace and I hope the season brings us all what we richly deserve.

Nice post. If he should read it, then it will lift him up. 

Advert:

Advert:

Fantastic news, and a massive lift for the whole club.  I too was worried we might not see him again, as he is such an inspirational character and a very shrewd manager. 

Well done to the Club for their wonderful support to him and his family, and keep up the good work, AC, we've not finished yet! 

Welcome back Darrell!! 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Evil Dead said:

I've been reading this forum daily for quite some time now, but never posted. I feel now is the time to make my first contribution.

We all adore the bones of John Rudge and rightly so. We're also extremely fond of Micky Adams for what he did for this football club during an exceptionally tough period. However, everything, for me personally, feels different with Darrell Clarke. It's a strange feeling. Quite surreal. It's just so special.

The club is unrecognisable to what it was just a few short years ago. Staring into the abyss of non-league football, a poisonous and egotistical man single-handedly decimating our beloved football club before our very eyes. A divided fan base. A fragmented and neglected club. Many fans feared it was game over. Many had given up and found something else to do. A scary time for PVFC, on and off the pitch.

Fast forward a couple of years, and it's astonishing how far we have come. Wonderful owners who care deeply and passionately about the football club. Not just the squad of players, but the management, the staff, the supporters, the community as a whole. We're no longer the laughing stock of the Football League. People want to sponsor us and put money into our club again. People want to come and attend games, spend money in the shop and are proud to say they're a Port Vale fan. Clubs around the football pyramid are no longer reluctant to send us their players due to the toxic reputation we had under previous ownership. A new PVFC.

Clarkey is fantastic, IMHO. From his very first few interviews, I instantly warmed to the guy. I loved his brutal honesty, his rashness and his bite. He never shies away from taking responsibility. Treating every single game as a 'project'. Never taking sole credit for anything and reminding us it's all about the whole setup and not just about him. He's so likeable and I adore the bloke. He's brought this football club together so wonderfully well and his personality is infectious for me. There will always be some that can't drop their agendas and refuse to credit him and that, sadly, will always be the case. They're entitled to their opinions but I really hope they can get on side and we can all fight together. We're all Vale.

It just feels so, so special this season does. The injury crisis, losing a couple of top players, but instead of the same old, same old, we recruited intelligently in January and improved the squad. Unheard of Sr Vale in recent years. Such a pleasant change.

And that's because of the hard work going on behind the scenes. Every single member of staff is playing their part. Then, DC suffers a family disaster, and you'd think it'd all fall apart. Far from it. The togetherness and unity built into this squad by DC was there for all to see. No downing tools, no giving up, no moping about. We dug in and battled on. Crosby deserves tremendous credit for the job he's done since DC's period of leave.  He's done a sterling job. Realised the 3-4-3 wasn't working, changed back to what we knew best and we've gone from strength to strength. 

The outpouring of love, affection and well wishes for DC has been heartwarming and so emotional. I'm absolutely ecstatic to learn of his phased return. That displays the true character of this man. I bloody love him to bits. He's going to get one hell of a reception upon his return, that's a given.

Anyone else think it's all set up for a truly emotional homecoming for the Easter Monday fixture against Bristol Rovers? There won't be a single person in that ground, home or away, that won't be singing his name from the rooftops. It'd be pulling on the heartstrings for sure. 

With everything we've dealt with this season, I think we deserve this success. Let's go out there and be the 12th man in these final 8 games. No bickering, no moaning. Full and total support. Loud and proud. Let's get behind the lads and do it for the Super Dazzler. He deserves this.

UTV.

Not a bad effort for your first post, sir.  100% agree with you, too. 

• Like 1