onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The gaffer's back

Walka003

Advert

I've been reading this forum daily for quite some time now, but never posted. I feel now is the time to make my first contribution.

We all adore the bones of John Rudge and rightly so. We're also extremely fond of Micky Adams for what he did for this football club during an exceptionally tough period. However, everything, for me personally, feels different with Darrell Clarke. It's a strange feeling. Quite surreal. It's just so special.

The club is unrecognisable to what it was just a few short years ago. Staring into the abyss of non-league football, a poisonous and egotistical man single-handedly decimating our beloved football club before our very eyes. A divided fan base. A fragmented and neglected club. Many fans feared it was game over. Many had given up and found something else to do. A scary time for PVFC, on and off the pitch.

Fast forward a couple of years, and it's astonishing how far we have come. Wonderful owners who care deeply and passionately about the football club. Not just the squad of players, but the management, the staff, the supporters, the community as a whole. We're no longer the laughing stock of the Football League. People want to sponsor us and put money into our club again. People want to come and attend games, spend money in the shop and are proud to say they're a Port Vale fan. Clubs around the football pyramid are no longer reluctant to send us their players due to the toxic reputation we had under previous ownership. A new PVFC.

Clarkey is fantastic, IMHO. From his very first few interviews, I instantly warmed to the guy. I loved his brutal honesty, his rashness and his bite. He never shies away from taking responsibility. Treating every single game as a 'project'. Never taking sole credit for anything and reminding us it's all about the whole setup and not just about him. He's so likeable and I adore the bloke. He's brought this football club together so wonderfully well and his personality is infectious for me. There will always be some that can't drop their agendas and refuse to credit him and that, sadly, will always be the case. They're entitled to their opinions but I really hope they can get on side and we can all fight together. We're all Vale.

It just feels so, so special this season does. The injury crisis, losing a couple of top players, but instead of the same old, same old, we recruited intelligently in January and improved the squad. Unheard of at Vale in recent years. Such a pleasant change.

And that's because of the hard work going on behind the scenes. Every single member of staff is playing their part. Then, DC suffers a family disaster, and you'd think it'd all fall apart. Far from it. The togetherness and unity built into this squad by DC was there for all to see. No downing tools, no giving up, no moping about. We dug in and battled on. Crosby deserves tremendous credit for the job he's done since DC's period of leave.  He's done a sterling job. Realised the 3-4-3 wasn't working, changed back to what we knew best and we've gone from strength to strength. 

The outpouring of love, affection and well wishes for DC has been heartwarming and so emotional. I'm absolutely ecstatic to learn of his phased return. That displays the true character of this man. I bloody love him to bits. He's going to get one hell of a reception upon his return, that's a given.

Anyone else think it's all set up for a truly emotional homecoming for the Easter Monday fixture against Bristol Rovers? There won't be a single person in that ground, home or away, that won't be singing his name from the rooftops. It'd be pulling on the heartstrings for sure. 

With everything we've dealt with this season, I think we deserve this success. Let's go out there and be the 12th man in these final 8 games. No bickering, no moaning. Full and total support. Loud and proud. Let's get behind the lads and do it for the Super Dazzler. He deserves this.

UTV.

7 minutes ago, The Evil Dead said:

I've been reading this forum daily for quite some time now, but never posted. I feel now is the time to make my first contribution.

We all adore the bones of John Rudge and rightly so. We're also extremely fond of Micky Adams for what he did for this football club during an exceptionally tough period. However, everything, for me personally, feels different with Darrell Clarke. It's a strange feeling. Quite surreal. It's just so special.

The club is unrecognisable to what it was just a few short years ago. Staring into the abyss of non-league football, a poisonous and egotistical man single-handedly decimating our beloved football club before our very eyes. A divided fan base. A fragmented and neglected club. Many fans feared it was game over. Many had given up and found something else to do. A scary time for PVFC, on and off the pitch.

Fast forward a couple of years, and it's astonishing how far we have come. Wonderful owners who care deeply and passionately about the football club. Not just the squad of players, but the management, the staff, the supporters, the community as a whole. We're no longer the laughing stock of the Football League. People want to sponsor us and put money into our club again. People want to come and attend games, spend money in the shop and are proud to say they're a Port Vale fan. Clubs around the football pyramid are no longer reluctant to send us their players due to the toxic reputation we had under previous ownership. A new PVFC.

Clarkey is fantastic, IMHO. From his very first few interviews, I instantly warmed to the guy. I loved his brutal honesty, his rashness and his bite. He never shies away from taking responsibility. Treating every single game as a 'project'. Never taking sole credit for anything and reminding us it's all about the whole setup and not just about him. He's so likeable and I adore the bloke. He's brought this football club together so wonderfully well and his personality is infectious for me. There will always be some that can't drop their agendas and refuse to credit him and that, sadly, will always be the case. They're entitled to their opinions but I really hope they can get on side and we can all fight together. We're all Vale.

It just feels so, so special this season does. The injury crisis, losing a couple of top players, but instead of the same old, same old, we recruited intelligently in January and improved the squad. Unheard of Sr Vale in recent years. Such a pleasant change.

And that's because of the hard work going on behind the scenes. Every single member of staff is playing their part. Then, DC suffers a family disaster, and you'd think it'd all fall apart. Far from it. The togetherness and unity built into this squad by DC was there for all to see. No downing tools, no giving up, no moping about. We dug in and battled on. Crosby deserves tremendous credit for the job he's done since DC's period of leave.  He's done a sterling job. Realised the 3-4-3 wasn't working, changed back to what we knew best and we've gone from strength to strength. 

The outpouring of love, affection and well wishes for DC has been heartwarming and so emotional. I'm absolutely ecstatic to learn of his phased return. That displays the true character of this man. I bloody love him to bits. He's going to get one hell of a reception upon his return, that's a given.

Anyone else think it's all set up for a truly emotional homecoming for the Easter Monday fixture against Bristol Rovers? There won't be a single person in that ground, home or away, that won't be singing his name from the rooftops. It'd be pulling on the heartstrings for sure. 

With everything we've dealt with this season, I think we deserve this success. Let's go out there and be the 12th man in these final 8 games. No bickering, no moaning. Full and total support. Loud and proud. Let's get behind the lads and do it for the Super Dazzler. He deserves this.

UTV.

Not a bad effort for your first post, sir.  100% agree with you, too. 

50 minutes ago, The French Connection said:

Not a bad effort for your first post, sir.  100% agree with you, too. 

This is fantastic news and a great way to support the manager back to work as well as supporting him through extremely difficult times and well done to Andy Crosby , the players and other staff in taking us forward under severe pressure and well done to all the fans for remaining very supportive: I will be there on Saturday but would love a Port Vale scarf with Darrel Clarke’s name on it but this will boost us for the ‘run-in’ come on Vale fans, get to every game you can and get as vocal as you can behind the team UTV.

2 hours ago, The Evil Dead said:

It just feels so, so special this season does. The injury crisis, losing a couple of top players, but instead of the same old, same old, we recruited intelligently in January and improved the squad. Unheard of at Vale in recent years. Such a pleasant change.

UTV.

Wot TED said. 😍

3 hours ago, The Evil Dead said:

UTV.

Great debut post. We look forward to reading more from you 

23 hours ago, barny61 said:

Started to read the article out to the wife and started choking up half way through, bottom lip was quivering. 

Best news I've heard this year.

Welcome back Darrell, every Valiant is with you.

Got to say, i've just read it out to my mum and i was exactly the same.  My eyes got a bit wet i must say.

Not a vale fan (yet)  but have a connection to Mansfield and live in Southampton (Saints fan) not too far from the Clarke's  family home .

What he and his family have been through is beyond devastating -As i posted on another stream, having the Vale players at the funeral was just the most an amazingly supportive gesture on an extremely emotional day and time .Like I said I'm not even a Vale fan but even I was proud of them.❤

The Poor man has literally been broken, but i know the support shown by everyone concerned in football and especially the fantastic PortVale fans is felt and is helping him slowly heal to a point of being able to be part of  just living again ..it will never be the same ofcourse so  keep supporting him, by supporting your wonderful football club. I will Cheer you from afar .

31 minutes ago, Valesouth said:

Not a vale fan (yet)  but have a connection to Mansfield and live in Southampton (Saints fan) not too far from the Clarke's  family home .

What he and his family have been through is beyond devastating -As i posted on another stream, having the Vale players at the funeral was just the most an amazingly supportive gesture on an extremely emotional day and time .Like I said I'm not even a Vale fan but even I was proud of them.❤

The Poor man has literally been broken, but i know the support shown by everyone concerned in football and especially the fantastic PortVale fans is felt and is helping him slowly heal to a point of being able to be part of  just living again ..it will never be the same ofcourse so  keep supporting him, by supporting your wonderful football club. I will Cheer you from afar .

Jeezus....I'm not crying, you are! Wow, what a great post post Valesouth.......we are...

DARREL CLARKE'S BLACK AND WHITE ARMY!!! PVFC

47 minutes ago, Valesouth said:

What a fantastic and lovely post brought a tear to my eye as I read it out to the mrs 

14 hours ago, Valesouth said:

having the Vale players at the funeral was just the most an amazingly supportive gesture on an extremely emotional day and time .Like I said I'm not even a Vale fan but even I was proud of them.❤

Thanks for coming on and posting.

I have no doubt they will have been immaculate and resolutely led by his captain, Tom Conlon, who also raised some money for the Clarke family.

What a team DC has built. A real, proper team of great lads. In his mould. 

Archived