Tonight's Games

Advert:

Advert:

NICE. Really enjoyed tonight. Sat here watching the BBC live score updates, reading a sci fi novel, supping my Vale mug of coffee and listening to the new ghost album (highly recommended if you grew up in the 80s - its like the greatest hits of def leppard, bon jovi, whitesnake and van halen all mixed together - NICE)

That league 2 table is a minefield at present  

• Like 1

Mansfield cost me £500 quid tonight off a fiver, chose to use Sky Bet rather than Bet 365, if I had done, would have had early pay out when Mansfield went 2 nil up, not sure whether to be happy Mansfield only drew or be absoutely fuming.

• Like 1

I really don't fear Salford. They are the worst team I've seen at Vale Park all season. Was a proper mugging them winning that game 1-0.

I fancy us to beat them at their place. I think Barrow is the tougher game. You always find towards end of season the teams scrapping down the bottom are the real tough games, fighting for their lives, everything on the line.

4 points from next 2 would be acceptable. 6 would be the dream. Good result Hartlepool pulling it back, they have an excellent home record & we still have to go there.

• Like 1

Advert:

After seeing them a couple of weeks ago it’s clear that Mansfield like the odd late tackle and leaving something on a player. Tonight Molyneux got stretchered off after a bit of a naughty one from James Perch.

Kettle was the ref so it went unpunished. 

6 minutes ago, Santa said:

After seeing them a couple of weeks ago it’s clear that Mansfield like the odd late tackle and leaving something on a player. Tonight Molyneux got stretchered off after a bit of a naughty one from James Perch.

Kettle was the ref so it went unpunished. 

There's a chance then that it'll get reviewed, need to get the video viral if it's available.

Jamie Murphy off injured for Mansfield early first half. I would never wish a serious injury on another player that could keep them out for the rest of the season but I wish he's seriously injured and is out for the rest of the season.

• Haha 1

Advert:

2 big games this Saturday in our league, Newport home to Exeter and Mansfield at home to Northampton, a couple of draws in those games and us winning at Barrow and I will begin to believe top 3 is on.  The league table is like nothing I have seen at this stage of the season, the way it is going you could be out of the play-offs going into the last game and end going up automatically.

• Like 1

Very happy with that effort from the Pools, great result.

After looking at the run-ins afterwards, can definitely see Exeter getting dragged back down to us lot in the 63 club given their away games are Newport, Carlisle, Tranmere and Northampton. And then they play us. Oof.

Interesting 40 days to follow folks...

• Like 1