onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tonight's Games

valefan79

Advert

I think it's safe to say there's going to be some sort of drama on the last day of fixtures.

We don't want to go to Exeter knowing they can play for a draw and we need a win. Could that game be winner takes an automatic spot?

Let's not take the chance and win the games beforehand.

11 hours ago, ValeForever. said:

I really don't fear Salford. They are the worst team I've seen at Vale Park all season. Was a proper mugging them winning that game 1-0.

I fancy us to beat them at their place. I think Barrow is the tougher game. You always find towards end of season the teams scrapping down the bottom are the real tough games, fighting for their lives, everything on the line.

4 points from next 2 would be acceptable. 6 would be the dream. Good result Hartlepool pulling it back, they have an excellent home record & we still have to go there.

Salford will be just as tough make no mistake.  They’re still on the fringes of the playoffs so plenty to play for.

I posted in the Run In thread that one of the biggest factors now will be injuries.  Hartlepool lost their leading goal scorer last night, so, if he remains unavailable, that could benefit us, along with any of their upcoming opponents.  With that in mind I hope he’ll be fit just after we’ve played them. 👍🏻

Really enjoyed the Hartlepool v Mansfield game yes overall Mansfield were the better side but last  minute that pool player waltzing past there back line only goalie to beat somehow put it wide how I'd dearly love for that have gone in .

Good game though with both teams going for it and hardly any throw ins .

Mansfield are a good side but brittle at the back but pass it impressively.

We have a lot of work to do

UTV 

11 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

James Perch is a thug.  When he signed for Newcastle he played the first five games of the season and was booked in every one so he was suspended for the sixth!

Not according to their horrible manager. Moaning again about all the way games. They played 5 home games on the trot in December/January...not a mention of it.

Horrible man

2 hours ago, Emile said:

I think Exeter are gonna be fine but that 3rd place is up for grabs! 

I wouldn't be so sure, they still have to go to Newport, Tranmere, Northampton and Carlisle, not easy away games and they're also obviously playing us and we're quite good too.  I can see there being automatics riding on our game, when we go there and not necessarily for us.

Barrow v VALE

Bristol Rovers v BRADFORD

Forest Green Rovers v SCUNTHORPE

HARTLEPOOL v Salford

DRAW Mansfield v Northampton

DRAW Newport v Exeter

ROCHDALE v Swindon

Stevenage v OLDHAM

Tranmere Rovers v CARLISLE

FGR have loads against the top 10 coming up so it might be best to think sod it and want them to win every game but it doesn’t need to start Saturday. But, would losing to already pretty much relegated Scunthorpe galvanise a bottling from them and a title stealing run from another club? 

Would prefer Oldham, now out of the drop zone, win this and Stevenage lose their next two so Oldham aren’t quite as desperate as they could be when they come to VP on the 9th.

Could also do with Carlisle keeping their resurgence going and turning over Tranmere away to disrupt the latters home record and unsettle them further. 

2 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Bill, I’ll never thank Hartlepool, can’t you remember how they and Swindle conspired to get a draw and we missed out 

Yes, but last night they came from 0-2 down to deny Mansfield 2 extra points and that could be absolutely vital by season's end!

Archived