• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Barrow v Port Vale

Advert:

20 minutes ago, ginginator said:

The ground probably did not need to separate home and away fans. Some cracking non league grounds though. 

It certainly did.

I was in Wetherspoons in the town , Vale fans were in 2 pubs. A mob of Barrow turned up looking for trouble ( granted they were average age of 16 ) , the Police dispersed them.

Then after the game the same mob were on the side streets looking for trouble. 

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

It certainly did.

I was in Wetherspoons in the town , Vale fans were in 2 pubs. A mob of Barrow turned up looking for trouble ( granted they were average age of 16 ) , the Police dispersed them.

Get stuck in

• Like 1

Big win that and very Un Vale like to nick a late winner after a poor first half but that’s the type of win promotion sides get so bodes well.

Just done the London Landmarks Half Marathon… turn around at the start line and who is there racing? Non other than Phil Brown! Did have a chuckle!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Advert:

5 hours ago, darren1810 said:

It certainly did.

I meant when they were non league, with no real travelling fans. But as Santa says anything can happen these days, Vale turn up and they all want a ruck

It certainly did.
Yeah the kids had mobbed up. We just walked through them though.

18 hours ago, Doha said:

Wilson's movement for the winner. Seeing it on and pointing out the wide ball to Charsley for Proctor to drag the defender wide into no mans land. Calling for the immediate 1-2 inside. The cultured touches inside the box before the square ball. So much smarter than L2 level that kid. 

Also, after the top drawer cross from Charsley for the first..watch JW dodge the celebrations to run and get the ball out of the net for the restart. Hungry for the win. 

Saw something on twitter about an Amoo push before the first. Never. If that contact is a foul the games gone.

Charsley's cross was a thing of beauty! Willo has so much skill, it's just a shame his value to the team was being doubted when he was recovering from injury.

• Like 6

I'd say today was a poor win. We were playing ourselves at times our passing was so poor. Play like that in every game and we wouldn't be in the mix for promotion. Anyone who saw the game at 80 minutes wouldn't have said we were odds on to win it at all. We have to do better against Salford.
Gotta say I honestly don't care. As long as we win that's all I care about. 3 beautiful points.

I'll take win ugly every single day m8
  • Like 2

Advert:

The piece of skill by Wilson to set up the 2nd goal was absolutely sublime, talk about letting the ball do the work, their defender who came across had no idea where Wilson or the ball had gone.

Skill like that can't be coached, it's in you and instinctive and to produce that type of skill at that moment in time was just what what Vale needed, the right person on the ball in the right area of the pitch at the right time.  

Extra 2 points to the Vale, thank you very much......and deserved  for the 2nd half performance.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LancyTony said:

Charsley's cross was a thing of beauty! Willo has so much skill, it's just a shame his value to the team was being doubted when he was recovering from injury.

It was a wonderful cross and a stunning volley from Proc.  They were two excellent goals that won us the game. 

• Like 3

Advert: