Jump to content

Match Thread: Barrow v Port Vale


Recommended Posts

Advert:


We all know that it could come down to goal difference for automatic/ playoffs. Vale have the 2nd best in the division after Forest Green. Very impressive indeed , considering how things have gone since January, on and off the pitch. Right then, I’m off to look at the table once again, and again. Sleep well  Valiants. A long way to go yet , but a really nice feeling to be in the automatic places for now. UTV 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Wilson's movement for the winner. Seeing it on and pointing out the wide ball to Charsley for Proctor to drag the defender wide into no mans land. Calling for the immediate 1-2 inside. The cultured touches inside the box before the square ball. So much smarter than L2 level that kid. 

Also, after the top drawer cross from Charsley for the first..watch JW dodge the celebrations to run and get the ball out of the net for the restart. Hungry for the win. 

Saw something on twitter about an Amoo push before the first. Never. If that contact is a foul the games gone.

 

Edited by Doha
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


10 hours ago, bertiepee said:

Listened to the commentary on radio stoke today, bowers was excellent , you can tell he is one of us vale fans. Now I never phone or text radio stoke but I was hoping that someone would phone in and let mr blakeman know that yes vale and Mansfield both have 66 points but twice he said Mansfield have 2 games in hand , not on us they don’t. I must say though credit to the radio station today it was the vale day from start to finish over our illustrious neighbours for a change 

I noticed that...Rather useless ain't he!!??

🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, bertiepee said:

Listened to the commentary on radio stoke today, bowers was excellent , you can tell he is one of us vale fans. Now I never phone or text radio stoke but I was hoping that someone would phone in and let mr blakeman know that yes vale and Mansfield both have 66 points but twice he said Mansfield have 2 games in hand , not on us they don’t. I must say though credit to the radio station today it was the vale day from start to finish over our illustrious neighbours for a change 

I'd hardly call crWHO illustrious, NOT this season anyways!!.......😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A big shout out to Proctor as well....considering he has never been classed as a goal scorer his stats this season are 18(5) and 10 goals

I have no doubt in my mind if we had both him and Wilson fit for the majority of this season then we would be sitting pretty clear at the top of the league,so to sit 3rd despite everything is a fantastic job by all involved

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


Shows the character and togetherness to win that one. A tough battle all game against a team fighting for their lives. It was ugly at times but we did that stuff well and had enough quality to see it through. To be fair we had enough chances to make it more comfortable.
Hats off to them all.
That away end is terrible.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

We all know that it could come down to goal difference for automatic/ playoffs. Vale have the 2nd best in the division after Forest Green. Very impressive indeed , considering how things have gone since January, on and off the pitch. Right then, I’m off to look at the table once again, and again. Sleep well  Valiants. A long way to go yet , but a really nice feeling to be in the automatic places for now. UTV 

Not bad for a team that we dont know where the goals will come from 🤣

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Walter said:

Shows the character and togetherness to win that one. A tough battle all game against a team fighting for their lives. It was ugly at times but we did that stuff well and had enough quality to see it through. To be fair we had enough chances to make it more comfortable.
Hats off to them all.
That away end is terrible.

Toss of a coin whether that place or Sutton is the worst dump.

Was in the part where the screen was, couldn't see anything by the corner flag at our end by the paddock bit and likewise the other corner flag you had to peer through that perspex screen.

Really terrible facilities and whilst teams like them Sutton and Harrogate have earned the right i feel there has to be some EFL Ground standard criteria, or maybe there is and they feel it is acceptable. 

Edited by darren1810
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks a dreadful ground and there really should be a minimum of being able to see the whole pitch.

That win could prove really crucial, it ticks off another game with maximum points and should Mansfield slip up in some of their remaining games then it's our spot to lose.

Still think that Mansfield, Exeter and FGR are in the box seats for the automatic positions but Mansfield fans, in spite of their form, aren't entirely convinced with their team. Don't forget, they had a terrible start and there must have been reasons why they were second bottom at one point.

I can't believe Salford have come up on the rails. I've seen them twice and they were garbage.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Toss of a coin whether that place or Sutton is the worst dump.

Was in the part where the screen was, couldn't see anything by the corner flag at our end by the paddock bit and likewise the other corner flag you had to peer through that perspex screen.

Really terrible facilities and whilst teams like them Sutton and Harrogate have earned the right i feel there has to be some EFL Ground standard criteria, or maybe there is and they feel it is acceptable. 

Said the same myself mate. Love these "small" clubs trying to climb the Football ladder but they have to conform to Football League standards.

Barrow's away section, standing in that cramped, view restricted paddock was diabolical. No barriers and when we scored understandably the happy fans surged forward but there were no barriers to prevent fans falling into each other and some fell to the ground. It could have been dangerous. Added to that was the tiny catering area , accessed and exited by a very narrow gap that again was uncomfortable and frankly badly designed.

As I say I love visiting some of these "poor" relations but come on they have to gear themselves up safely and correctly if they are serious in attempts to make it a Football League Club.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


1 hour ago, leedsvaliant said:

It looks a dreadful ground and there really should be a minimum of being able to see the whole pitch.

That win could prove really crucial, it ticks off another game with maximum points and should Mansfield slip up in some of their remaining games then it's our spot to lose.

Still think that Mansfield, Exeter and FGR are in the box seats for the automatic positions but Mansfield fans, in spite of their form, aren't entirely convinced with their team. Don't forget, they had a terrible start and there must have been reasons why they were second bottom at one point.

I can't believe Salford have come up on the rails. I've seen them twice and they were garbage.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app
 

They had like 10 injuries mansfield did, think most of their players came back when they played us at their place. Agree re Salford, dreadful down vale I think we will end their chances on Tuesday. Still think Bristol have a big chance as well. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Toss of a coin whether that place or Sutton is the worst dump.

Was in the part where the screen was, couldn't see anything by the corner flag at our end by the paddock bit and likewise the other corner flag you had to peer through that perspex screen.

Really terrible facilities and whilst teams like them Sutton and Harrogate have earned the right i feel there has to be some EFL Ground standard criteria, or maybe there is and they feel it is acceptable. 

There is but I definitely feel they are not applying it appropriately. Sutton, which I went to, was clearly a non league ground in all but name. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act on ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please use the contact form

    If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here

    Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here

  • Friends of OVF

×
×
  • Create New...