Match Thread: Barrow v Port Vale

Advert:

Wow! What a turnaround. Was sat following the live text while the kids were watching a film. When the winner went in I properly made them jump (which is ironic, since they were watching Hop!).

Is that our biggest goal since Whitfield v Chesterfield? Makes a massive difference going into the game v Salford, a point there now would do for me.

Great effort to grind out that win, considering our formation is 3-5-2, and the entirety of what is probably the first choice 5 from that (Hussey - Conlon- Pett - Garrity - Gibbo) were all out.

Incredible stuff. UTMV!

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, gavcradd said:

I'd say today was a poor win. We were playing ourselves at times our passing was so poor. Play like that in every game and we wouldn't be in the mix for promotion. Anyone who saw the game at 80 minutes wouldn't have said we were odds on to win it at all. We have to do better against Salford.

We should of been out of site before the 80th minute 

• Like 3

Cloudy Devon was brightened up at 4:55 by a super Vale win!

We we're up against it today it seems with tight pitch, new manager syndrome, players out for us but............ the one thing that we have is togetherness and no little skill and ambition.

Will be able to watch it on Tuesday and hoping for another good result in this epic season.

Congratulations to all SVA fans and I'm sure your journey home will be a glorious and safe one!

• Like 1

We are doing amazingly well considering when you think,we spent a big spell without our 2 main strikers and probably our best midfielder,we then get hid by covid,then our manager is hit by tragedy and today we are without all our first team midfield 3,Pett being out for a few weeks and we have still managed to get to 3rd in the table.

Lets back the boys to the hilt now,we all have a right to an opinion BUT please lets try to have no negativity for the last 7 games no matter what happens... our team,our management team,our owners have given us a fantastic season and one where we can all be proud at last

KTF for these remaining games ... onwards and upwards me owd fruits

• Like 6

Advert:

Just got back....

From the shop, we don't miss many games but couldn't make it today.

It's worth going every game so you don't have to follow social media when the match is on !

Most of the posts at half time were about Nobody bothering to get tickets for Exeter and season ends today. !

You know who you are...And no doubt you will be first in the queue for tickets..

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Just like a couple on here ( cough, cough Joe B and Beechy). Just praying we keep on going 💪

I notice that RZ seems to be missing for a while now,maybe 15 or 16 games in total although i think he did nip on after one of those games 🙂 

Maybe he is posting on the Crewe forum to stop himself from getting bored with them losing so many

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

Advert:

Advert:

51 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Just out of interest why are you so obsessed with the flat back 4 and it proving to be better,our defensive record is really good,we are 3rd in the table with playing the majority if not all of this season with a back 3?

Not a dig but i dont understand the demand for a back 4 after how well we have done

I’m not obsessed with a flat back 4. The reason I put ‘better’ was because that’s the perception of some on here - and that’s not a criticism - because I can’t recall us playing that way. It just seemed that would be the most likely formation - Smith was used at right to good effect in the run in last year, Walker and Charsley as the two CM’s wouldn’t have been the worst combo, and Amoo and Worrall are good traditional wide players. But I guess the beauty of that personnel is that the formation is interchangeable.